• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When does the *th movie come out in the us?

M

Mew!

When does the movie "Mew and the Wave Guilding Hero" come out in the U.S
will it release for the us...?

G

Geki

Yup, sometime in 2006 for sure. I just want to here Rukario, Manyula, and Manene's dub voices and names the most out of the movie.

Chris

Old Coot
Neither three of those next generation Pokémon have English names yet. Until Nintendo gives them names, we won't be seeing this movie in the US yet.

poke_life

Banned
That can mean only one thing, we here in Australia have to wait even longer for the movie *sob*

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
I say by next year in May-June '06 for ballpark guesses. But like Ed said, until Nintendo gives them English names we wont be seeing them.

We might have the names in Jan or Feb Then get the movie in March or April like the last movie

kennychan007

Saiyan-Human Warrior
Usually was 2006, but I think the 8th movie will be aired from April to July

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
...Not to mention that they have to announce the dub title first... Why? I know that Japan announced Rukario first, w/ the dub title, followed by the other pokemon a few months later... It would make sense that they announce the dub title before American Episode No. 395 is scheduled to air, or else we may have to call Movie 8 a "late/lost" movie... And if we have to do that, then chances are that we might not get Mew in R/S/Fr/Lg/Em ever(because Movie 8 is one of the ways to get the Old Sea Map, however, you also need a Nintendo DS w/ Pokemon Emerald inside the GBA slot on that particular portable(GBA(SP) can't communicate w/ movie screens; it can only stand games and accessories, GCN connections, and GBA video cartridges(or mini-movies))) w/o going to Japan for it(via winning the Battle in Seattle that has long since passed(because PokeFesta's machines are NOT compatable w/ American versions due to Joyspots coming in the form of wireless TVs that come in the JP/NTSC format, and since TVs like that could be different models depending on region, and language barriers, Japanese joyspots are NOT compatable w/ American Fr/Lg/Em, unless you're using Pokemon: The 8th Movie to get the Old Sea Map w/o the hassle in which Pokemon: Movie 8 is the "odd Joyspot" because the movie itself uses special kinds of televisions that can read ALL the formats, including the NTSC and PAL formats(meaning the televisions are intercompatable between the formats, meaning no regional worries), and uses Wi-Fi technology to do its job while the movie is playing(meaning you need a DS w/ a Emerald game inserted, rather than a GBA(SP) w/ Emerald inserted into it, in order to get a Old Sea Map via that method), and that's not a good sign. I mean, one Pokemon that we probably will not ever get in those games w/o going Japanese is enough. And yet, that "one possible pokemon that will posssibly be confined to Japan, and not make it elsewhere in the world" is wasted thanks to NOA/NOE not wanting to release Celebi to gamers outside Japan, even when people are asking for it! But if they don't release Movie 8, then I may get the impression that they want to make Mew suffer the same fate as Celebi's, and that might result in an angry mob of Pokemon fans demanding that those two legendaries be obtainable in the next generation of Pokemon games in some way, by force... And I don't want to force them to make that decision, and I don't want to be a part of that particular mob of legendary-Pokemon-die-hards because I think playing games should only be just for the sake of fun, not as tools meant to get you so hooked on it, that you'll do anything in your power to win, even eliminating all your opposition for good, either via the courts, or other means. Sure, you can do it via pokemon battles, but don't try to commit a violent crime or sue against your opposition. That's not how you play responsibly. The only definition of playing responsibly is playing for fun, and that's how you play responsibly...

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Actually, if I remember correctly, they weren't taking people who were using the Nintendo DS to give out Myuu after the movie.

And for the love of god, use paragraphs. x_X; It's difficult as hell trying to read that.

In England we're still waiting for the 6th movie let alone the 8th one.

Anyway yeah when they get dub names, then we can start predicting a date for the movie. Or at least a rough time when it will come out.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Edward Elric said:
Actually, if I remember correctly, they weren't taking people who were using the Nintendo DS to give out Myuu after the movie.

And for the love of god, use paragraphs. x_X; It's difficult as hell trying to read that.

I believe that this quote involves the Old Sea Map, and maybe proving you wrong on your first claim, because what else will it be if the 8th Movie's download feature that Nintendo announced didn't involve Mew in some way, although it's a little bit out of date, because the movie's run is over now in Japan:

Wikipedia said:
At a recent press conference promoting the launch software of Nintendo's newest handheld, the Nintendo DS, Nintendo has announced that the next game in the Pokémon series, Pokemon Dash, is in the works for the handheld. It should be available shortly after the console's launch. Nintendo also recently announced that people can bring the Nintendo DS to screenings of the upcoming 8th Pokémon movie in order to download new content. It is not known however if the content is tied in to the upcoming games.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
That's OLD. The official movie site showed they weren't accepting DS'. o_O It was the standard bring in your ticket stub and get Myuu. Latios even said this after seeing the movie. Neither versions of Pokémon have ANY features that can be activated via DS, nor can you do any kind of wireless trading with the DS for them.