• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When is Season 12 (platinum) going to start?

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
I was wondering if anybody knew (due to pass experiences) when the 3rd season of DP would start? Sept, Oct?

Also hope they change the opening finally.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Japan ain't never heard of these so-called "seasons". If you are referring to the dub, Season 11 is only 1/3 through by this point, having started in April. Expect Season 12, whatever they decide to call it, to begin Spring of 2009.

dman_dustin

Though it would be nice if the Japanese made a new opening. If they keep it up Season 12 of the US Dub will primarily contain scenes from episodes, while it might not be bad, it might just look awkward (though the Lucario and Buizel finisher would look cool in the opening).

Of course when has the Japanese cared about Dub openings?

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Japan ain't never heard of these so-called "seasons". If you are referring to the dub, Season 11 is only 1/3 through by this point, having started in April. Expect Season 12, whatever they decide to call it, to begin Spring of 2009.

No I'm not talking about the dub. Didn't DP Season 1 start in the fall of '06? and same with DP season 2 in '07? But they didn't change the openning. Or was season 1 and 2 combined? I mean isn't DP going to last 4 years from when they began in fall '06? If they start in spring they mess it up. Making the "season" last a year and a half. Ending in summer 2010.

Yeah I notice the dub created a new opening for season 11 battle dimension using japanese endings as well. But I hope season 12 is different.

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

it is simple when season two ends

TicoPokemonMaster

it is simple when season two ends

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
No I'm not talking about the dub. Didn't DP Season 1 start in the fall of '06? and same with DP season 2 in '07? But they didn't change the openning. Or was season 1 and 2 combined? I mean isn't DP going to last 4 years from when they began in fall '06? If they start in spring they mess it up. Making the "season" last a year and a half. Ending in summer 2010.

Yeah I notice the dub created a new opening for season 11 battle dimension using japanese endings as well. But I hope season 12 is different.
You don't understand; the Japanese version doesn't have seasons. Additionally, whenever an opening does change really means nothing unless it's the beginning of a new saga. But they are not confined by the 52-or-so episode blocks per season.

Isis-sama

Yep, the Japanese pretty much just put up a new episode every single week, unless there's a break so they can show something else in that timeslot (like baseball or a special of another show) and that's that. There's no teasing us like the U.S. does with a long period of showing repeat episodes in the main slot, it's just a long, never-halting progression of new shows.

So there's really nothing that you could term a "season" in that.

HoennMaster

As it has been stated, Japan doesn't have seasons. But apparently Platinum will be added to the title of the show by next July at the latest.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
You don't understand; the Japanese version doesn't have seasons. Additionally, whenever an opening does change really means nothing unless it's the beginning of a new saga. But they are not confined by the 52-or-so episode blocks per season.

oh sorry ^^' I get it now, like BF had it's own opening. So Platinum won't be different.

thunderblade12

My prediction: I think the next title we get (after the Fantina episode) will be the first episode to have a new opening. On the 18th there will probably be an hour special featuring the first 2 episodes with a new opening

thunderblade12

My prediction: I think the next title we get (after the Fantina episode) will be the first episode to have a new opening. On the 18th there will probably be an hour special featuring the first 2 episodes with a new opening