• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash vs Paul was cool since Ash got a chance to use his new Starly even tho it wasn't that impressive. I hated how Pikachu tied with Elekid given how he had recently beaten a legend, but I guess he was reset again. ^^;

JudySpell

Banned
Paul really pushed Ash's team to the limit here which was impressive since his Pokemon weren't that strong themselves. I liked Aipom's match with Chimchar. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Paul was experienced himself, so it's not like his Elekid was weak anyway.

O I know Elekid was strong, but even tho he was I doubt he was on Regice's tier, so Pikachu tying with him after his win against Regice a few episodes ago still seemed unfair to me. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I remember being so intrigued by Paul's character at this stage, he was brilliant, fantastic episode.

Intrigued by what, exactly? As much as I like Paul, his intro here was boring tbh. He was just stereotypically cold and he lacked personality. His redeeming point was his team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was amazed by Shinji's method for selecting the best Mukkuru, although he still released his best one in the end. I kind of chuckled at the fact that Junsa didn't catch up to Satoshi's group until after the Rocket-dan had attacked them, and Shinji versus Satoshi was great. I didn't like that it was a draw, but Eipam defeating Hikozaru was a good feat.

Daizy

I call you honey
So I thought Paul doing well against Ash here was awesome till we found out that the guy was experienced, which made his skills seem less cool. :(

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish that Shinji had been from Futaba Town or Masago Town so that he'd know Nanakamado-hakase already in this episode. It would've been neat if they had known each other, and also if Shinji's Hikozaru had belonged to Nanakamado-hakase originally.

Daizy

I call you honey
In hindsight, I wish that Shinji had been from Futaba Town or Masago Town so that he'd know Nanakamado-hakase already in this episode. It would've been neat if they had known each other, and also if Shinji's Hikozaru had belonged to Nanakamado-hakase originally.

Would Paul knowing Prof. Rowan personally have changed much? I was glad that Paul wasn't a typical beginner trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Would Paul knowing Prof. Rowan personally have changed much? I was glad that Paul wasn't a typical beginner trainer.

I guess I was just interested in the idea of Nanakamado-hakase being the one who met Shinji's Hikozaru first, because I always wanted Nanakamado-hakase to have a bigger role in Shinou.

gentwoer

I think its a testament to how good the storytelling has been so far that I'm still watching because the voice acting is still so so so bad. But again only with the veteran characters replacement voices. The newly introduced characters sound fine even though Professor Rowan makes me think of the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland and Paul's voice is waaaay to deep for a pre-teen boy but at least its just an actor acting and not putting on a stupid voice. But Ash sounds like a chain smoker, Brock sounds like one of those dime of dozen abridgers who got inspired by TeamFourStar or LittleKuriboh but didn't realize that they themselves have no talent, and Team Rocket just sounds like really bad impersonations of the old cast. Delia (who gracefully I think doesn't have much of a role in D&P?) was also awful even if her screentime was mercifully short. Why does an adult woman need to put on such a horribly fake voice when voicing an adult woman. Can't Sarah Natochenny talk f-cking normal?

I like Paul's character so far though he's way more interesting as a rival than Gary ever was. Not sure why him releasing Pokemon back into the wild is treated as some inhumane thing. He's not leaving them to die or anything. And it's far more humane to let your Pokemon free than to leave them in the storage system.

Leonhart

Imagineer
gentwoer said:
Not sure why him releasing Pokemon back into the wild is treated as some inhumane thing. He's not leaving them to die or anything. And it's far more humane to let your Pokemon free than to leave them in the storage system.

It's funny since Satoshi had released several Pokemon himself in past sagas, yet Shinji doing the same thing here was made out to be morally outrageous.

keepitsimple

site of lies
There's a difference between releasing a Pokemon that wants to go VS insulting it and releasing it right after catching it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
keepitsimple said:
There's a difference between releasing a Pokemon that wants to go VS insulting it and releasing it right after catching it.

That's a good point actually, and I realize now that Satoshi's manner of releasing his Pokemon isn't as cold and calculated as Shinji's method in this episode, although I still can't fault Shinji for being practical.