• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
Ok, I officially hate Shinji. Obviously thats the purpose of his character though, to be an absolutely heartless jerk. Not an arrogant snob like Gary or Drew, but a complete and all-out jerk.

...Best character design yet, though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's pretty depressing when Pikachu can barely beat an Elekid.

I wonder if the writers watch their own show anymore? Don't they remember Pikachu losing to Super Electabuzz in AG191? Don't they remember that Pikachu SHOULD be very powerful and it recently took out a legendary?

There is no excuse for this.

Monkey vs. Monkey...I love it! I hope Ash's Aipom learns some fire attacks cuz then it would also be a fire vs. fire match next battle! As for the rest of the episode, Shinji's attitude is a great contrast to Ash. Here's hoping that they we see more of their interactions. Overall good episode, I'm glad that we got to see the first Shinou battle!

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I'm sure Shinji will be back what I'm going to speculate on now is whether or not he works for Team Galxy, it seems right up his alley. Will see, so far I've been right about every thing before. Any ways Cyb, must you comapline about every thing? Like I said before just enjoy it, don't worry about it. I'm enjoying every second. Whether or not Shinji is heartless he's becoming my favorite rival for Ash. I'm sure there will be more interaction between the two, this is after all the first episode he's in. I bet Shinji will be the type who wants to defeat Ash himself without Team Rockets help but who knows.

SuperShadow

SuperShadow

Maybe he decieded that it still wasn't strong enough after watching it battle.

And Pikachu tieing with Elekid isn't so bad if you remember the fact that it was weakned by Team rocket a bit and wasn't at 100% of it's usual power.

True. So the battle was a tie, well maybe we will see him with more permanint pokemon next time (I hope).

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I heard the reason Shinji released that Pokemon was to tick off Ash =[

Pikafan

Ashfan for life
That Shinji guy is a real jerk for thinking pokemon are only meant for battling. But I've got to admit is black pokedex was pretty cool.

The Flat World

Free Trade For All
cybercubed said:
It's pretty depressing when Pikachu can barely beat an Elekid.

I wonder if the writers watch their own show anymore? Don't they remember Pikachu losing to Super Electabuzz in AG191? Don't they remember that Pikachu SHOULD be very powerful and it recently took out a legendary?

There is no excuse for this.
Hello? Since when did the evo > pre-evo equation work in the anime world? For all we know, Shinji's Elekid could be as strong and experienced as Pikachu, but just chose not to evolve.

Pikachu has beaten a Raichu. That means Raichus can be weaker than Pikachus. And going by the same logic, even Elekids can be stronger than Electabuzz. Get my logic?

darkabsolking

pikachu losing to shedji isnt that bad sounding remeber volt tackle hurts the user and since it hit a wall (protect) pikachu was damaged alot

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
At least D/P will have a decent rival that was sorely lacking in AG and a heel to boot :p

Eh I kinda have to lean with not liking the fact that Pikachu tied with Elekid. Or at least in the manner it did. We've seen Pikachu over the years take a whole lot more damage and get rocked harder than it has and won so to see it all the sudden become weak (again *sigh*) is kinda annoying at this point.

Other than that I think D/P is shaping up quite well. So far I've like the direction they are taking Hikari and Poochma and the fact Ash again has a good rival.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Saw it.

Shinji is bada**. He has 3 mukkuru and keeps the one who knows aerial ace and double team. He releases it though after the battle. A great start to DP, the writers have given Ash an awesome rival. At the end there rivalry is so intriguing I can wait to see them battle again.

Again Hikari and Poochama were great. She's a fan of Prof. Oak's poetry.

The battle was good.
The bird fight was pretty much one sided, Shinji's knew better attacks.
Aipom vs. Hikozaru also very good. Aipom gets its first win. That is Flamewheel right? Aipom whips it with a focus punch, lol.
Pikachu vs. Elekid- Nice, Pikachu using two iron tails again is always good. The first one was to break Elekid's Thunderpunch and the second was to break the elekids jaw.lol
Both fall down.

Ash has to develop more on his DEFENSE. Its twice now that Protect has been a good weapon against him, the writers should have him focus on how to increase his pokemon's defense and counter attacks like that. Just a thought.

Now for those saying Pikachu was already injured, I dont know about that. Im sure after TR blast off Brock says something about healing pikachu and poochama. Ofcourse healing at a pokemon center is more acceptable but Im not going to whine about it not being in perfect shape. Pikachu looked just fine.