• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Weav-vile

Totally!
Weav-vile is correct. Shinji did indeed release 2 of the three Mukuru he had captured, and kept one of them which went on to beat Ash's. After which, he returned it to it's pokéball, and then sent out Hikozaru for round 2.
Besides...what reason would he have to release the creature if it had won it's battle without breaking a sweat?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that! :)
The episodes are awesome, btw.

EDIT: No, no, no...
He releasead his Mukkuru... :\
I've made a mistake, sorry!

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Uhm...are people just referring to the end of the Mukkuru VS Mukkuru battle or the end of the entire battle?

Cause Shinji obviously DID release it after the entire battle ended. The flash light coming from the Pokéball being blue instead of red seems to be an indication that a Pokémon is called out to leave forever, and that was exactly the case here. [/edit:beaten]

'sides, after he called it out, Shinji made a speech on how he could get another Mukkuru like that at any time and wants to get an even stronger one.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i just watched the clip provided by Weav-vile and yes he did release after the battle was over he just chunked the ball in the air and off it the Mukkuru went.

Kabuto

little punks!
After the battle he released it, after it was declared a tie. Why...I don't know. Shinjis defeated ash's, maybe shinji was trying to piss him off, or maybe he just hates Mukkuru :p

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Bah, I must've not been paying attention the first time through. Either that or I just skipped to the ending to see what all the fuss was about. My bad :p

Hitokage

Chibi no Jutsu!!!!
I still don't get why Shinji released Mukkuru if it beat Satoshi's. That makes no sense to me. Anyway, good episode. I like the new character, Hikari. I also like the ending. Very good start for a new series.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Shinji's voice was pretty good. o.o Though I still don't like his face, too Brandon-ish. :p

I couldn't really pay attention to Hikari, more attention on Ash now. The battle was better then usual so it's definately something to see.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Shinji rox, he's better than any Ash's rival I've seen (and I've seen all of them =P).
I believe we can expect great things from what I've seen in these 3 first Shinou episodes... It's gonna rock and it's gonna be the best of all sagas. ;)

sandygirl888

Hikari Rocks!
This episode was pretty good compared to the beginning hoenn episodes. I am a bit annoyed that Pikachu didn't take Elekid out when it's so much stronger than it. Shingji is a cool character though, so dark and evil. (kinda)

This episode was pretty good compared to the beginning hoenn episodes. I am a bit annoyed that Pikachu didn't take Elekid out when it's so much stronger than it. Shingji is a cool character though, so dark and evil. (kinda)

How hard is it to understand that it was a tie pretty much because PIKACHU COULDNT USE ELECTRIC ATTACKS

Misawa Kaitou

Shinji better appear often, at any rate, I see Gary being shafted this season for Shinji.

I disliked the way Hikari decided to travel with Ash/Brock? Spur of the moment, much?

I also thought Hikari was fairly disappointing in this episode, how much can you lay it on that Hikari is another energetic girly girl? The fact that Ash/Brock didn't even mention May when Hikari said she wants to be a coordinator was beyond ridiculous.

Hikari has been a huge disappointment so far. The writers really need to learn how to differentiate their characters more. She is to May what Richie is to Ash, and it's quite a let down.

Are you kidding me? Hikari is to May AND Ash what Ritchie is to Ash.

Her starter Pokemon doesn't like her at first.

Just like Ash.

She attempts to capture Pokemon at first, but fails.

Just like Ash.

She sees a legendary Pokemon at the begining of her journey.

Just like Ash.

Her starter beats a bunch of Pokemon of the same kind that want to attack the new trainer, by using an attack that shouldn't be as powerful as it is.

Just like Ash.

Anyway, was the part that she said that she wanted to be a coordinator when they were talking to Professor Oak? If so, then didn't Ash and Brock kinda freeze when she mentioned it?

I don't understand Japanese, so I don't know. In any case, I'm still reserving judgement on Hikari. Her character hasn't developed yet, and I'll see that before I make a verdict on her.

Also, another new Motto for Team Rocket?!?! Why? The second motto only had 1 season...

Last edited:

Akeji

Minomucchi > All
OMG Shinji = the only relatively new thing on this otherwise beyond stale series.

I stopped watching Johto halfway through.
AG interested me at first, but then I realized it was roughly the same thing and stopped watching (still paid attention to anything Harley... he was cool).

And now I'm giving DP a shot... and Shinji (and Pocchama!!! it's awesome) are the only reasons I'll keep on watching for now.

I LOVE how cruel Shinji is to all those Mukkuru. You tell them how worthless they are!

Thus far Shinji's team is pretty sweet. Hikozary is annoying and creepy.... so it's fun. And Elekid is just there to go "ha you suck Pikachu!". =D I hope he gets even more awesome Pokemon.

Squirtle_007

OK, saw the episode and here´s my thoughts:

* A constant rival is what Satoshi needs, in AG he hasn´t one and that was an important fact in Haruka´s contest arc
* Shinji is a great addition to the cast, I hope he keeps that attitude for the rest of the saga, he reminds me the GSC rival, even in the attitude
* After seeing Hikozaru battling, I REALLY don´t want Takeshi gets one, that monkey looks very active to be rotting in it´s pokéball
* I noted the writers REALLY stopped Hikari´s independent personality, in the first episode she was capable to feed Pocchama, take care of it and cure it´s wounds, in the second episode, she failed catching Pokémon and took Pikachu to a Pokémon Center, now she just freaked out seeing Pocchama´s hurts, that sucks
* Wow, now in Shinou every attack produces an explosion, will Growl do it too?
* It´s official, Satoshi´s father is Clark Kent, he can climb robots and survive an explosion that blasts Team Rocket off and only his clothes we´re harmed

The Flat World

Free Trade For All
I love the fact that Shinji isn't all 'oh I love pokemon, they're my friends!' It's about time the anime showed trainers that don't give a sh*t about the pokemons' feelings, but care only about their battling abilities. Kinda like the rival from the G/S/C games and many of the competitive battlers in the RMT section. Releasing the pokemon he considers incompetent = THE SPIRIT OF A TRULY SKILLED TRAINER.

Shinji's existance will give Ash an incentive to train harder. And I bet Hizokaru and Naetoru will both evolve to the final stage, and have a face-off in the final tournament, much like Charizard vs. Blastoise in Johto.

~Flareon~

I watched the episode pictures already. And so it's a 3 VS 3 battle. I know that Ash caught a Mukkuru. And he found Pikachu after Team Rocket blasted off. He meets Hikari and her Poochama. After that, Shinji challenges Ash to a battle. It was exciting.

saar15

someone know if i can find on the net this episode allready, like in youtube?

Last edited:
Kojiro said:
Shinji is a Game Boy elitist.

He breeds, gets perfect natures, EV trains, uses the Emerald Glitch, and goes to Smogon.
ROFLAO~

That was just an awesome description of Shinji. Someone sig it NAO!:D

NES

Flip me to the side!
Shinji just does EV/IV training, leave him be :p.

Ok, now what's with Ash (Satoshi)?, his pikachu is now like level 53 or just "high level"(no trolling), why in the hell he "draw" with a rookie like Shinji?, or is he a experienced trainer?, anyone knows?.

Smogon *thumbs up* :).