• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When should the anime have ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
and Teshub was banned? when? great news :D, hope its racist, ignorant, instigator *** never returns. I was tired of seeing its retarded threads.
I like that you refer to Teshub as an "it" :D

Hoenn was ruined by idiotically written and sometimes poorly animated episodes.

Since you said Brock bonding with a Sharpedo is, "idiotic," well, that's your view.

Just because sharks in real life would kill you doesn't mean a Pokemon who have moral values in the show would do the same thing.

I also don't see what you mean about the animation. The animation switched to digitial and was a massive step up from the way Johto looked.

Fanboy fight!!!!!!

Whut? Topic? Oh yeah. The anime will end when the universe does. That or when Pokemon stops making Nintendo money. Which will be when Japanese kids stop liking electric rodents knocking the crap out of things they physiologically should not be able to hurt. Don't hold your breath.

Kevin Servo

Since you said Brock bonding with a Sharpedo is, "idiotic," well, that's your view.

Just because sharks in real life would kill you doesn't mean a Pokemon who have moral values in the show would do the same thing.

I also don't see what you mean about the animation. The animation switched to digitial and was a massive step up from the way Johto looked.

By that logic, all Ash had to do to the Aerodactyl that tried eating him was tickle his feet and the Aerodactyl would've befriended him.

Watch "The Scuffle of Legends". Not only are they cheap enough to use still frames in every action sequence but there's a moment where both of Ash's arms are behind a falling Pikachu and yet Pikachu lands safely in his grip.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Watch "The Scuffle of Legends". Not only are they cheap enough to use still frames in every action sequence but there's a moment where both of Ash's arms are behind a falling Pikachu and yet Pikachu lands safely in his grip.

There were some poorly animated episodes, yes, but every saga has those.

You honestly didn't notice some Kanto eps seemed better animated than others, or the same for any other arc?

Kevin Servo

There were some poorly animated episodes, yes, but every saga has those.

You honestly didn't notice some Kanto eps seemed better animated than others, or the same for any other arc?

Still doesn't make up for most of the filler in Hoenn being poorly written

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Still doesn't make up for most of the filler in Hoenn being poorly written

"Sharpedo Attack," was one of my favorite fillers, so I disagree. If you let minor stuff like Brock bonding with a Sharpedo bother you, then I guess most of the stuff in the anime would bother you.

Pokemon are shown to not be naturally evil, only territorial. Stop thinking about real-life sharks that would never do that with a human, its a Pokemon and the Pokemon world is different than out.

I also honestly thought Hoenn had the second most humor in the series after the original Kanto/Orange. Johto lost a lot of the original humor and Sinnoh was too serious most of the time.

Kevin Servo

"Sharpedo Attack," was one of my favorite fillers, so I disagree. If you let minor stuff like Brock bonding with a Sharpedo bother you, then I guess most of the stuff in the anime would bother you.

Pokemon are shown to not be naturally evil, only territorial. Stop thinking about real-life sharks that would never do that with a human, its a Pokemon and the Pokemon world is different than out.

I also honestly thought Hoenn had the second most humor in the series after the original Kanto/Orange. Johto lost a lot of the original humor and Sinnoh was too serious most of the time.

You seem to be under the impression that I adored the Johto series. The Johto series is where I started losing interest because of the repetitive nature but I think I would have been the best place to end because most loose ends were tied up at that point.

I would have liked the anime to end at the Orange Islands arc but then too many things would have been left unresolved. While I like ambiguity in certain series, there's a difference between making something ambiguous and being downright lazy to think up something for it and not addressing it (such as Ash's character from the beginning of the Johto arc all the way to the Sinnoh arc)

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
Hoenn was ruined by idiotically written and sometimes poorly animated episodes.

Ok, To sum up The posts above (and any on this that I missed):
The anime has had some really ridiculous moments.....And no one saga
has lacked them. NONE. Not even Kanto. It's not meant to be taken seriously All the time. The whole dang show is about a 10 year old boy and his electric rat traveling the country, for crying out loud.

Whoa! haha I once thought the same! :eek: XD

Altough I'm a great fan of Hoenn and AG overall for me the Original Series will always be the best, not saying this by nostalgia.

Indigo >>> Johto / Hoenn >>> OI >>> BF. how I rank them.

Heck, I like Indigo league and I essentially Joined the pokemon anime fanbase LAST YEAR.(Yes,you read that right.) I like Hoenn too.

I don't have a chart of how much I like each saga (I haven't finished any yet, so I can't quite judge) but in my book, Hoenn and Kanto are about equal.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You seem to be under the impression that I adored the Johto series. The Johto series is where I started losing interest because of the repetitive nature but I think I would have been the best place to end because most loose ends were tied up at that point.

I would have liked the anime to end at the Orange Islands arc but then too many things would have been left unresolved. While I like ambiguity in certain series, there's a difference between making something ambiguous and being downright lazy to think up something for it and not addressing it (such as Ash's character from the beginning of the Johto arc all the way to the Sinnoh arc)

I still wouldn't want Johto to be the last saga, because Ash was still a weak trainer back then with poor Pokemon.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
Unfortunately for being a stronger trainer he became a weaker character.

Define "Weaker." Yes, he stopped acting like a total moron, but that doesn't mean he lost all his character.

EDIT:
I saw Ash in Hoenn as a much more matured but still rash version of his character.

Its only when DP started that he became really stale.

Exactly. I liked Ash in Hoenn because he did things that were funny, but not totally Idiotic. (example: In tower of terror, he pulls a rope that says "pull me". WHAT.) DP....I assume the writers were trying to put Dawn in that role but failed. It looks like they might be leaning towards his Kanto characterization in BW.(maybe. Him being impulsive was in both Kanto/johto And Hoenn. Depends on how stupid he got in general.)

Dang, I think I just Contradicted myself.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Thats matter of opinion.It may be shocking to some people,but there are people who liked Johto not viewing it as junk and to be fair Johto had its ups.
Do you have to say that every time I neglect to provide an explanation that it's my opinion? Of course it's my opinion, I'm well aware of that fact. I just don't feel the need to say "in my opinion" every time I express my opinion. If I had said "that is a fact" or something along those lines then yes correcting me by saying it is my opinion no matter how strongly I believe it.

Anyway you are right Johto does have it's good points. It had a good start, great characters, decent movies and I loved the league. It's just I found it a huge disappointment considering how good Gold and Silver were plus the filler in Johto did get pretty tiresome (same goes for Sinnoh I might add) not to mention the fact Misty had gotten stale. I also loved Hoenn the most out of every arc in the series despite it's disappointing league and I even enjoyed the fairly unpopular Team Magma/Aqua finalie despite the bad animation day.

And yes that last paragraph was all my opinion.

Kevin Servo

Define "Weaker." Yes, he stopped acting like a total moron, but that doesn't mean he lost all his character.

Weaker as in he's bland, uninteresting, and he somehow manages to find the answers to problems without even testing any hypothesis ("Thunder Armor" anyone?). Also what do you mean he wasn't an idiot in Hoenn?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iGFfw-X6cs

You'd have to have the IQ of a rat turd to be that stupid.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
Weaker as in he's bland, uninteresting, and he somehow manages to find the answers to problems without even testing any hypothesis ("Thunder Armor" anyone?). Also what do you mean he wasn't an idiot in Hoenn?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iGFfw-X6cs

You'd have to have the IQ of a rat turd to be that stupid.

@"thunder armour": He hasn't pulled anything like that in a while.

@"ash thinking aromatherapy was a pokemon": I said TOTAL Idiot not "not an idiot at all". He still has dumb moments, not most of them.

pokemon fan 132

Do you have to say that every time I neglect to provide an explanation that it's my opinion? Of course it's my opinion, I'm well aware of that fact. I just don't feel the need to say "in my opinion" every time I express my opinion. If I had said "that is a fact" or something along those lines then yes correcting me by saying it is my opinion no matter how strongly I believe it.

I see,my mistake than.I assumed from wording that this was tried to be passed as fact which can be easily mistaken considering how good cunk of people in here are trying to pass their personal preferences as being factual.
Not saying this applies to you.

not to mention the fact Misty had gotten stale.

Im sorry but this isnt fact either,but opinion.Personally i didnt finded Misty being stale character wise in Johto at all and many people feel same way.

Problem was that she just didnt received enough screentime(though she had great moments there too) with writers not using her potential enough.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I like that you refer to Teshub as an "it" :D

I got a good chuckle out of this.

Fanboy fight!!!!!!

Whut? Topic? Oh yeah. The anime will end when the universe does. That or when Pokemon stops making Nintendo money. Which will be when Japanese kids stop liking electric rodents knocking the crap out of things they physiologically should not be able to hurt. Don't hold your breath.

I honestly thouht it would end with Gen IV but now it will be Gen V, the whole franchise entirely, there are reasons why some shows/movies are great, they don't make a billion movies(i.e. Saw) and episodes(i.e. The Simpsons), some shows work with having many movies/episodes but some don't, Pokemon isn't one of them. I can see why people drew away from Pokemon in the U.S, same plot each region, Ash captured weak Pokemon to train them, lost in the League, dumped his strong Pokemon and captured more weak Pokemon just to get them strong and then lose in a League and then dumped.

Sayho1234

Pikachu, Bulbasaur and squirtle are saying hi as well.

Heracross, Kingler, & Bayleef are saying hi too as well.

I still wouldn't want Johto to be the last saga, because Ash was still a weak trainer back then with poor Pokemon.
Had the series ended in Johto the only true poor pokemon would've been Cyndaquil, Totodile, & Noctowl (Tauros I'm not too sure about?), and even then if the writers had truly wanted too they could've easily pulled a "Krabby/Kingler flawless victories & omega level up" move with those pokemon in the Johto league.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Im sorry but this isnt fact either,but opinion.Personally i didnt finded Misty being stale character wise in Johto at all and many people feel same way.

Problem was that she just didnt received enough screentime(though she had great moments there too) with writers not using her potential enough.
Oh yeah I did say fact there didn't I? I guess that is due to my poor explaining and "the fact that" seemed to work best in the sentance when I was writing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.