• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When should the anime have ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fa7e

I don't think that DP should've been the end. I think something different, he should have won the league but lose to the first E4 member. Then, in Isshu he was just training old pokemon and beating the Isshu E4 & Cynthia.

This .

blaze kick

flame of the...HEll
yes DP is perfect saga to end the series but not the Pokemon series ash ketchum series , they will but Pokemon episode forever............why you ask because when there are Pokemon episode there are many Pokemon episode DVD Pokemon video game ..... Pokemon trading card game and more and even if ash became a pokemon master they will replace him for a better hero ........ if you want the true i my guess was ash journey will and in DP and they replace him with character in pokemon black and white game but my guess was wrong ......... by the way they didn't make a battle frontier this time

Waterpokes

I don't think Ash's journey should have ended in any of the previous sagas. I would rather see him do his final quest through Kanto. Ending Ash's journey in Sinnoh, isn't the same.
But if they ever wants to make one final saga for Ash, Kanto would be perfect.

The anime, in general, will probably go on and on for years. As long as the Pokemon franchise makes new Pokemon and new games, it will probably go on as well.

iraqmaster

The perfect time should have been at the end of Kanto!

But seriously, Johto would have been the perfect time to end Ash's quest, if it had been done right ( Don't kill me)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Ash's quest to be a Master should end in a return to Kanto. It seem's more symbolic to win your home region's big event, that's why I hope May goes back to Hoenn and wins her GF there in her home region, and we have like no idea where Dawn is doing her stuff.

But to answer the question the anime for Ash's story should have ended in Johto. After the Johto league he should have gone back to Kanto for rematches beat everyone, do the Ho-Oh thing, destroy Giovanni and Team Rocket, become a master, then pass the torch. Brenden in Hoenn, Lucas in Sinnoh, it would be so much refreshing for some of us and we probably would have had a much better DP Trio. The Best Wishes reboot feels nice but at the same time I cringe looking at 10 year old Ash again. Why not just use a new character already instead of dumbing down a once well developed character?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The male game heroes will never be focused on unless they are in Pokemon Chronicles...

Well yeah, as long as Ash is still here that is kinda obvious, another reason why I want him to pass the torch. It will never happen though.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
I don't think that DP should've been the end. I think something different, he should have won the league but lose to the first E4 member. Then, in Isshu he was just training old pokemon and beating the Isshu E4 & Cynthia.

I agree. He could also have enterd some elite trainer tournaments to train his pokes to break the old gym pattern, which is is getting stale.

I don't see why it's so hard to pass the torch. I mean Ash still has to beat a league, challenge the Champion League, beat all of the E4, and then the Champion. He won't become w/e the hell Pokemon Master is until after that. At this rate we'll be following him another 10+ years. Honestly, a time skip wouldn't be so hard..so we could at least see him AGE. I seriously doubt the anime would die if Ash is gone.

dragoonanime

I remember reading somewhere that originally that anime was going to end with johto but they decided to continue after seeing how popular pokemon was.

magicallypuzzled

Which saga do you think the anime should have ended with and why?

I think DP would have been the perfect saga to end the show on. The main reason why I think this is because it was the first saga where the idea of Ash winning the league was a possibility. I think all the bulid up was there for a perfect ending. If Ash vs Paul was the final match and then Ash faced off against Cynthia and won to become Champion, I think it would have been a great ending for the series.

none of them and none of the future ones either unless you mean ending as in switching the main character from ash to some one else. in that case i'd say battlefrontier would of been the best so far. have ash accept the offer of frontier brain and work to words being a better pokemon trainer that way while a new lead took over the anime maybe with cameos of ash.

pokemon has consistantly been awesome so much so that many fans are still fan after out growing the target audience. while i think dp ended up being a small step back wards as far as quality goes. the grandfestival and to a certain extent the league (Nando, barry conway battles not being as good as other leagues) ruined what was undoubtably the best regular or gym season so far.

any ways as long as they keep getting better or only take small steps back they can keep up the anime indefinately as far as i am concerned i just think they could do it even better with a new lead.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
See, this would have been a better alternative than "forcing" Ash to lose the league in dp. But the writers were pressed for time.

There was a rumor around YouTube that Ash was going to leave (Apparently someone mistranslated an episode description for the Ash/Nando battle).
I was a little jarred by this and I got kind of sad. But in retrospect, DP would have been an OK time for Ash's arc to finish up (or at least take a break from it) Isshu's supposed to be/be part of another country, right? They could look at the journey of another character, then jump back to Ash doing his thing, instead of making him go all that way.(I do like the idea that he was on vacation and then decided to explore the region.)

thunderblade12

It should have ended in Battle Frontier, then some years later a reboot in Isshu with new characters and all.

But I'm happy how the series is going altough there was DP...

I know right? DP's existence makes Kanto look even shittier than it already did. Not that that's particularly hard though. I guess any form of media in existence would belittle that THING. So the answer is obvious. The anime should have ended with Kanto as to not make it's all time low obvious to everyone =)

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Hoenn wasn't really a reboot like Isshu is.

Hoenn still had some ties to Johto, where Isshu has no ties to Sinnoh and is a completely new start.
That's only because that's how the game is. The opening scene had a collection of items Ash collected in Sinnoh including the Teddiursa carving May gave him. I count that as a tie to Sinnoh.

magicallypuzzled

Which saga do you think the anime should have ended with and why?

I think DP would have been the perfect saga to end the show on. The main reason why I think this is because it was the first saga where the idea of Ash winning the league was a possibility. I think all the bulid up was there for a perfect ending. If Ash vs Paul was the final match and then Ash faced off against Cynthia and won to become Champion, I think it would have been a great ending for the series.

none of them and none of the future ones either unless you mean ending as in switching the main character from ash to some one else. in that case i'd say battlefrontier would of been the best so far. have ash accept the offer of frontier brain and work to words being a better pokemon trainer that way while a new lead took over the anime maybe with cameos of ash.

pokemon has consistantly been awesome so much so that many fans are still fan after out growing the target audience. while i think dp ended up being a small step back wards as far as quality goes. the grandfestival and to a certain extent the league (Nando, barry conway battles not being as good as other leagues) ruined what was undoubtably the best regular or gym season so far.

any ways as long as they keep getting better or only take small steps back they can keep up the anime indefinately as far as i am concerned i just think they could do it even better with a new lead.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If the anime ended, there would be so many questions about Ash and his Pokemon. Since the writers didn't do a good job with Johto, just leaving Ash just to say goodbye to his friends isn't the only thing to end an anime that is supposed to be mostly about the creatures. Why don't we just let it go already? I like May, Max, Iris and the others. And to say that the show should have ended would be like they don't matter at all. That would be a terrible thing to imagine.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Sinnoh was an excellent saga, and if Ash had won the league, that might have been a good occasion to end it..but he didn't, and Sinnoh also made me regain faith in the writers, making me curious what else they have in store for the anime. Plus, I really like a lot of the new Pokemon..so I say don't end it anytime soon ;)

The Fire Starter

I think Ash should have returned to Kanto after the Johto Journies and won the Pokemon League. Afterwards, he would encounter Ho-Oh and lose to the pokemon. Brutally.

Ash would then accept that he will never be able to "catch 'em all", but that doens't mean he can't bond with the pokemon he already does have. As the pokemon league champion, he starts training for next year with his pokemon. Oh yeah, and in the epilogue Pikachu finally evolved.

The series would reboot starring Brendan and May in Hoenn. They would also star in the Battle Frontier.

Reboot again with Diamond and Pearl, starring Dawn and what's-his-face. This region would be longer, with more focus on the legendary pokemon and Team Galactic.

And then, Black and White, starring Black, the coolest looking male avatar and White, the hottest looking one. Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.