• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Sinnoh ends, how will you remember it?

RickHoenn

Banned
^
1000000 % with you man!! :)

I WILL REMEMBER THIS SAGA AS THE LONGEST, BORING AND RANDOM OF ALL TIMES!!!

I hope Johto BF improves this mess :( i'll be expecting to the new games and returning to Pokemon someday... umm probably not XD) Pokemon just lose his charm after Hoenn! so sad! :(

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I will remember Sinnoh for the increased amount of apocalypse threads.

coolespeon

I dont know.
Good things:
Paul: a rival that really represents a challenge for ash
Ash´s team
May´s reappearance
Team galactic having a real plot in the anime.
The developing of the pokemon as characters and giving them a real personality.
Croagunk

Bad:
The dub for latin america had a great change in the episode "ghoul daze" because they changed the voice actor for ash, that was there since the first chapter. Also, they did the same thing with brock at the very beggining of the 11th season.
The personality of dawn kinda annoys me.
Team rocket transformed into the shame of the anime, compare them with their first appearance, they have became in like the annoying part of the show and well, the motto is nothing like the original one and it is just boring for me.

thunderblade12

I will remember it as the first saga that I actually cared about. Each episode was actually unique and different, unlike the Johto saga which seemed to have a very strict pattern that had to be followed in about 95% of the episodes:

- Ash and co meet pokemon A or COTD A and sometimes pokemon/COTD B
- Team Rocket shows up and steals pokemon A, B, or both
- Ash and co. defeats Team Rocket and if one of their pokemon were supposed to evolve in this particular episode they do it here, against Team Rocket.
- If any of the main characters were meant to catch a pokemon they do it now. That pokemon would be pokemon A

And the Hoenn saga wasn't much different. The only thing they improved on was not having every single pokemon evolve against Team Rocket. There were less fillers than Johto due to the introduction of contests but that's not saying much. There was still tons of filler. At least twice as much as DP

ash101

Good:
The story plot at the begining
more development for Brock and Team rocket
Paul and his mean ways
Chimchar plot
Ash's team
Team Galatic
Hunter J

Bad
Ambipom being released
Ash trading Aipom
Dawn capturing Buizel
Dawn's rivels lacking development
Nando

Alfonso

Derpgull
I've noticed that the main complaint a lot of people have with this saga is the Pokemon caught. I can honestly agree, I don't like anyone's team this region bar Jessie with Seviper, Yanmega and Wobbuffet.

Ash's team is just dull, Dawn's is just... random and Brock never matters anyway. I miss Ludicolo.

Main praise that people have is the character development and better rival for Ash, something I agree with as well.

I'll also remember this arc for the sheer amount of episodes that people thought Misty would appear in.

OMG PSYDUCK
OMG TOGEPI
OMG POLITOAD
OMG WALLACE CUP

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'll also remember this arc for the sheer amount of episodes that people thought Misty would appear in.

I remember when DP started back in 2006, people really believed Misty would appear in DP instead of May.

They used the Misty lure that appeared in the ep that Dawn captured Buizel as "foreshadowing" for Misty....which happened back in DP34....and we're now up to DP142 and she never showed up.

Misty fans are really getting the shaft this generation. Makes me wonder if Misty will even get anything beyond 2 episodes at Pallet Town.

thunderblade12

The way they had Oak and Delia randomly show up they might have Misty show up too. Eventually there's just going to be too many characters to give cameos. I really doubt Ash will ever run into Drew or Harley or any of his league rivals again. And when the 5th generation begins and a 4th girl no doubt takes the lead role I think May will have the least chances of showing up out of the past main females. Dawn will probably follow in Misty and May's footsteps and make a cameo in the region that follows them leaving the show. I doubt they will have two separate plots for two coordinators, May and Dawn.

thunderblade12

Well, I don't mean to cause any 3rg generation remake speculation but IF there is going to be a RS remake in the 5th generation then maybe May and her rivals could go to the new region and act as rivals for the main female at the time. I doubt it though

And Waterpokes, what do you look for in a battle? Your list of likes and dislikes seemed random...

I didn't see anything wrong with any of the battles that you didn't like. They weren't boring or DEM victories.

Personally, I like most of the battles from Ash vs Rudy onwards. The battles in Kanto were never long and usually resulted in a comical victory for Ash, it being interupted, or Ash winning out of pity. The Orange Islands, Johto, AG, and DP battles are akll good for the most part IMO. (Except Ash vs Whitney and Ash vs Wattson the first time)

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Hmm...

Good -

-I reckon the character development is much better. For the Pokemon at least. I think nearly every Pokemon has had some, of course, some more than others. With the trainers...it's hit and miss. Although like with the Pokemon, nearly every character has had some.
-Actually good gym battles. Most of Kanto and Johto's gym battles were a joke. Hoenn improved but there was still some dues ex lying around. Sinnoh has much better battles, all badges have been fairly obtained for one thing, and there was no crazy hax. (I'll put Ash's victory over Crasher Wake down due to competence).
-Gym leader character and abundant appearances. Obviously something that lacked, gym leaders would have an average of two episodes, at the most three. Sinnoh has had a very good spread.
-References to previous sagas!
-Introduction of excellent characters. For example, you have recurring rivals like Paul who has an army of fanpeople lining up for him. Then you have the lesser recurring characters that are still very enjoyable, such as Conway.
-The Pokemon have excellent characteristics too. We've certainly never seen anything like Croagunk. Then you have the emotionally scarred Chimchar/Monferno, the cowardly Gligar/Gliscor etc.
-Lack of fillers. Whilst unlike most other people here, I enjoy the odd filler, a saga is obviously better off if it gets straight to the point.
-Competent villains. I dunno where Hunter J came from, but she's awesome. And Team Galactic seem to have a thing going on (let's just hope they don't screw their finale up. Aww hell, we all know they will).

Bad -

-Piplup. Nuff said.
-Dawn's rivals lack substance in comparison to May's rivals.
-Lack of Team Rocket Pokemon character. It's rare when Mime Jr. even appears, which is my greatest annoyance. It seems a Team Rocket Pokemon's best episode is when it leaves, a.k.a. Dustox.
-Reusing of previous plots. But that's what you expect in an umpteen-episode show.

One thing I have secretly enjoyed is the constant fan speculation of captures and evolutions, and outrage if there is a filler. Not to mention the Aipom/Buizel fiasco. It provides the rest of us with numerous popcorn-deckchair moments where we sit there thinking that at least our minds are superior to some out there.

thunderblade12

The characters

Good:
Ash - He's getting some development in this arc
Pikachu - Pikachu with a rival is nice
Monferno - Nice backstory. Powerhouse
Buizel - I like the way it battles. It's personality is reused but it's good
Staraptor - Epic. Two powerhouse attacks
Gliscor - Who doesn't love it's personality?
Grotle - I didn't care for it until it evolved
Dawn - She's less tomboyish than Misty and even May. Nice change
Piplup - It actually has a good personality and isn't as OU as people say
Buneary - It's okay. The crush on Pikachu is kinda nice
Pachirisu - I like it's personality and battle style
Mamoswine - A mix between Snorlax and Charizard..
Ambipom - I liked it better as an Aipom but it was still good as Ambipom
Brock- He's actually involved in stuff this arc. Mostly the Galactic arc but still
Croagunk - Probably the strongest, funniest, and most important Brock pokemon
Happiny - It has it's moments
Sudowoodo - See Happiny
Jessie, James, and Meowth - I like the way they're being handled this saga.
Seviper, Yanmega, and Carnivine - Probably the strongest pokemon JJ&M ever had
Paul - Best rival ever.
Barry - Second best rival ever
J - Ruthless. Even tried to kill Ash
Cyrus - Crazy and maniacal yet smart and calm. Just like in the games
Saturn and Mars - Both pretty evil. The first real threat in the pokemon anime
Looker - LOOKER PUANNCH!
Charon - Pretty cool I guess

Bad:
Wobuffett and Mime Jr- JJ shouldn't have mascots. It limits the # of pokemon they can catch
Zoey and Kenny - Just boring
Nando - Never appears
Jupiter - Hasn't appeared yet
Glameow and Prinplup - Now these pokemon steal spotlight from their trainer's other pokemon. At least Dawn's others appear

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
The Good:

• Gym Battles were far more interesting
  • Paul, although I wish they'd stop viewing him in an overly negative way
  • Nando and Zoey, I thought were really interesting. But on the other hand, there should have been a LOT more episodes featuring them, because they're kinda bland at this point.
  • Team Rocket having other goals [Jesse actually becoming good as a coordinator]
  • Barry
  • Hm... I like Sinnoh, but now that I just weighed this out, eh. Aside from the first one, each one I put for the good also has an appearance in the Bad... Wow. According to my own standards it sucked =/

The Bad:

• I don't believe Misty made an appearance, did she?
  • Dawn's over peppiness.
  • Conway... I thought something big and epic was planned for Conway's appearance right after the tag battle competition, and when he finally did come back, I was disappointed.
  • Team Rocket, although having their own life now instead of clinging to Ash and co., was just lacking in their evil-ness, I feel. And overall I feel that there needs to be less Rocket ruining the day, but when there is an episode with T.R. that it needs to be epic.
  • The character's Pokemon... were so dull and boring. Ash's was predictable, again. And Dawn had the weirdest array of Pokemon she could of had. At least May's were somewhat in a theme.
  • Croagunk. Ugh, I thought that was completely stupid.
  • The rap they used for the theme song in the beginning of the season. Seriously wtf?
  • There were less battles... like, as in battles with people they'd found while they were traveling. It was all about "befriending" the people they saw instead of battling, and "Hm let me go train my Pokemon even though I haven't trained since the first season and my Pokemon turned out fine but my Sinnoh Pokemon are completely incapable of winning battles because they're too stupid except for my Pikachu".
  • Brock. I used to love Brock, but he just got old. Really old. Take him off, bring Misty back in his place (May would suffice since it's been stated that Misty will never be brought on as a major character... =( =( =( =( =( But I could deal with May, just... not Dawn). And then, instead of making another female travel companion, get a new, male one. A coordinator, I'd assume, since you couldn't have two trainers. A male coordinator would be nice, preferably one that's not starting out... maybe like their second year or so? But starting over fresh.. I guess. And Misty, well, you could give Misty a new goal recently wanting to be pursued by her, (in contrast to Water Pokemon Expert, breeder, trainer, and coordinator), maybe something out of the norm, like marine biologist or something like that. I think that would be AMAZING. Ash, Misty, and a guy coordinator. (Well, Ash is still eh, but they'll never get rid of him so...)
  • Lack of consistency of characters that were supposed to be consistant. (Hunter J, what happened to her? Not enough Team Galactic. And the same with Conway, Nando, Zoey, and even Kenny even though I don't like him. I love Barry, but instead of giving him his own few episodes in a row, spread it out and make him appear every so often!)
  • Seriously, the whole thing with Dawn taking a break from coordinating. What was that? Maybe they were trying to make it more mature or something, but that was just stupid. Plain and simple.

thunderblade12

Jupiter have appeared, in the Cynthia, Grandmother and Cyrus episode.
But if you mean Jupiter solo episode, I see what you mean, could have appeared in the Uxie episode or a Hunter J episode.

Yeah, I meant a solo. IIRC Jupiter only had like 2 lines of dialog in the anime.

"Skuntank get that orb!"

and

"Yes sir! I will hire a pokemon hunter!"

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I'll remember everything, also, don't we have the sinnoh league, and then the battle fronteir?

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
his pokemon are o so predictable, and apparently, miserably weak. Look at the Ash versus Paul battle. Now I understand they overpowered Ursaring, to the max, but still. How many losses did Ash have? 6. Paul? 1. That is just awful.

I agree. They're making a bad job at showing that Paul's bad, because he's so much stronger. More people are going to like Paul just because he's stronger. I don't really understand why Ash is weak all of a sudden (considering this is like the first time he actually goes out and trains his Pokemon).

PamperedPersian1

Pros:
-Ash finally has some rivals who actually appear in more than just the League or near the end
-Pachirisu and Mamoswine
-Croagunk
-Jessie actually winning a contest and TR finally not failing at something
-Hunter J! We finally have a Pokemon Hunter not being the COTD
-Ambipom's release... I just thought that thing was so annoying...
-Actually showcasing the E4, like in Kanto, instead of just the Champion
-Fillers are actually funny and less pointless... And there are much less in Sinnoh
-The last two theme songs!

Cons:
-Dawn's Rivals; Ursula had more character development and was more interesting than all of them put together
-The screen hogger, also know as Pochamannoying...
-Contests are harder... Why couldn't May have lost twice in a row?!
-I'm still mad about the VA switch....
-Lack of character development for Brock... Seriously? He's just become the walking Pokedex and a way for Croagunk to perfect Poison Jab...
-Some re-used plots [Pokeringer, Prof. Oak cosplay, etc.]
-First theme song....

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
PROS

• Paul
    Barry
    Gliscor
    Moferno
    the last two theme songs
    Dawn
    May returning for the Wallace Cup
    Intensity between Ash and Paul
    Legendary pokemon having appearances

• CONS

• Ampibom's release
        Team Rocket not capturing many pokemon
        Brock having 3 Pokemon
        Team Rocket relasing most of their pokemon
        Nando
        being the longest saga

Magician_Ruwla

Good
  • Intense battles
  • More evolutions in Ash's team
  • Paul being the best rival so far
  • Bloodthirsty Hunter J
  • Team Galactic's violence!
  • May comming back with most of her Pokémon evolved
  • Cameo of Drew, Harley and Solidad
  • Tag Tournament
  • Chimchar's background
  • Finally in-depth information about moves with effects, like in the game with confusion stat or abilities. (Thank you Brock!)
  • Mime Jr. not evolving
  • Gary actually appearing twice
  • Jessie winning a contest.
  • Jessie and James encountering an old Rocket member.

Bad
  • Carnivine
  • Dawn and her Piplup
  • Mamoswine being owned by Dawn
  • Ambipom leaving
  • Re-used plots, like PokéRinger and Grotle and Sceptile having problems after evolving
  • Dustox leaving
  • Brock being the dust eater, again..
  • Not seeing much of Happiny and her joyful character
  • Team Rocket still being helpless idiots
  • Zoey and Kenny
  • Nando not getting screentime.. THE FIRST PERSON TO DO CONTESTS AND GYMS ON THE SHOW!
  • Cacnea leaving, I liked him D:
  • Still knowing that Max still hasn't got a Pokémon.. =\
  • May losing to Dawn >_>