• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When the 3rd Generation Came Out...

Prince_PJ

Infinity's got 23
...I mean Ruby and Sapphire, was it as crazy as it is now for finding information from Diamond and Pearl? Like the discovering where to catch some Pokemon (I bet Snorunt and Feebas took awhile), Pokemon evolutions (Milotic, Shedinja, the difference between Cascoon and Silcoon), items, new moves, and what not?

It's just, I've pretty much spoiled the entirety of Diamond/Pearl for myself, minus the story, and I'm still very excited; was it like this for the 3rd gen?

i dont think it was as hyped up as d/p is because d/p is the first proper pokemon game on ds

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
I was hyped up, since this was a new generation to games, and new Pokemon. Back then though, I didn't live/eat/breathe new information, but rather just waited until the games came out to find out new stuff.

Sucks that we all know so much about D/P now, but that doesn't mean it will get spoiled...Just means we have a slight idea as to what to expect. :p

TogeticTheRuler

I heard back then,people thought Blaziken was legendary..and there came torchic(Really,i don`t understand how people could NOT understand that torchic is the starting evo of blaziken?They both orangy,redish fire chickens!)

ThegameHHH

I am the game
I wasnt here when it was hyped up for R/S so i didnt have the hype but here i cant wait to get D/P

Theneedleman

crazyengage
I wasn't here either for Ruby/Sapphire. I basically found out a new pokemon game was coming out in the ads. After I found out a week before though, I was really hyped. Now, I'm hyped already for D/P!

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
I really wasn't hyped much.. seriously I was still playing Crystal when I heard of R/S (And by then emerald was already out..)
so no no hype for there..

Argento

Sic Transit Gloria
I wasn't excited about R/S. I didn't have a GBA and I was too busy with other things to get one. But now that I have Nintendo DS, I can play the GBA games, and the fact that the new DS games are compatible make it that much better. I'm hyped up for the DS games because they remind me more of the G/S games than anything, which brought more to the series than any other new versions, especially because they're bringing back day/night and stuff.

Kinda weird they ever took that out.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I remeber being really hyped, and so was most of my school, stupid rumours were going around and that such.

K-os

Bullet Punch
Look at avatars. Everybody is using DP sprites. soon, when the excitement has died out, all avatars will be used again.

~K-os