• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When To Start In Australia

Kirben

Boulder Trainer
Pokémon - The First Movie is been shown at 12:00 PM in Victoria & Western Australia, 11:30 AM in South Australia, and 1:00 PM in Tasmania on Nine next Sunday (2nd October 2005), in case anyone didn't know...

EDIT: Updated times for other states.

Last edited:

00shoe

Coral Eye Trainer
Kirben said:
Pokémon - The First Movie is been shown at 12:00 PM on Nine next Sunday (2nd October), in case anyone didn't know...

Im very surprise that:

1) They are actually airing the movie

2) Its on channel nine.

I woundering if the show any more?

Last edited:

JazzJazz

00shoe said:
I woundering if the show any more?

I think it's just the one at this stage... but if it gets a good response it could prompt the network to air some other Pokemon films.

Freedom

Pokeman
Well the movie came out six years ago so I think they are only airing it now because their rights to showing the movie might be expiring soon. I'm also really surprised by this and i'll definately be watching it and maybe even taping it even though I've already got the movie on dvd.

EDIT: I checked the tvguide at ninemsn and it's not being shown in Brisbane. It said it was shown in Melbourne though. I'm not sure about the other states. I guess I won't be seeing it.

Last edited:
S

Sikes..

that is so wierd

why are they showing a pokemon movie when it's so out of fashion here?

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Just be glad they are but if a good response happens then maybe things might pick up like them renewing the contract and showing more movies. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Though I'm not sure how many people have noticed but I'm noticing Pokemon toys starting to pop up everywhere and advertisements starting to happen which of course I hadn't seen these things in years. Do you think the new generation of kids might have gotten an interest in it something. It just seems to be a slight boom happening where I am.

kennychan007

Saiyan-Human Warrior
Kirben said:
Pokémon - The First Movie is been shown at 12:00 PM in Victoria & Western Australia, 11:30 AM in South Australia, and 1:00 PM in Tasmania on Nine next Sunday (2nd October 2005), in case anyone didn't know...

EDIT: Updated times for other states.

hm... What about moive 2,3,4,5,6,7?

If the moives will be played, when do they played?

JazzJazz

kennychan007 said:
hm... What about moive 2,3,4,5,6,7?

If the moives will be played, when do they played?

There's no sign of the other movies getting a screening here as yet... just keep an eye on Kirben's site for news and be happy that we're actually getting one of the films of TV.

Freedom

Pokeman
Freedom said:
Well the movie came out six years ago so I think they are only airing it now because their rights to showing the movie might be expiring soon.

If ppl read what I wrote I think you might find the answers to your questions posted above.

JazzJazz

Rukario-Wave Rider said:
We Must All Watch To Give It Good Ratings!!!

Good ratings or not, I'm sure it won't help. The networks probably have countless other programs up their sleeves that they'll air when they'd probably get more viewers.

Sequoia

Freedom said:
Well the movie came out six years ago so I think they are only airing it now because their rights to showing the movie might be expiring soon. I'm also really surprised by this and i'll definately be watching it and maybe even taping it even though I've already got the movie on dvd.

EDIT: I checked the tvguide at ninemsn and it's not being shown in Brisbane. It said it was shown in Melbourne though. I'm not sure about the other states. I guess I won't be seeing it.
you know...^^; you needn't have got high hopes, cos things are always happening in Melbourne and Sydney...

did it actually air? o_O

chris_downunder

Marsh Trainer
if you want to see some pokemon in Australia it is on weekdays at 5:30p.m in Australia on Cartoon Network. But i am still waiting to see pokemon forever and up.

PKMNMaster

Let's rock!
I cant get Cartoon Network in Brisbane cause I cant get cable. Though my friend got the Destiny Deoxys from USA so maybe I can borrow it from him.

Freedom

Pokeman
Sequoia said:
you know...^^; you needn't have got high hopes, cos things are always happening in Melbourne and Sydney...

did it actually air? o_O

I don't know. It wasn't listed on the tv guide so i didn't check.

Sequoia

Freedom said:
I don't know. It wasn't listed on the tv guide so i didn't check.
*sigh* that's sad...I was hoping they would air all the movies again...

Random Thing: o_O this dude in my class said randomly in Maths "Did anyone watch Toasted TV? it's brilliant!"

00shoe

Coral Eye Trainer
Im pretty sure that Kirben's stie hasn't mentioned it, but for all the QLD peeps, Pokemon the first movie will be airing on nine at 10:30 this saturday. I saw this in this week's TV-Guide (in the sunday mail - which gave it 1 star).

I'm not sure if any other states will see it as I believe that the test cricket is on and they must be playing at the GABBA (hence why QLD ppl get the the movie and not the cricket).

Last edited:
R

Robert0427

I really hope the second half of the hoenn season comes on Cartoon Network Australia soon as im so sick of not having pokemon to watch on CN because the boring new season of Duel Masters is hogging air time

Sequoia

00shoe said:
Im pretty sure that Kirben's stie hasn't mentioned it, but for all the QLD peeps, Pokemon the first movie will be airing on nine at 10:30 this saturday. I saw this in this week's TV-Guide (in the sunday mail - which gave it 1 star).

I'm not sure if any other states will see it as I believe that the test cricket is on and they must be playing at the GABBA (hence why QLD ppl get the the movie and not the cricket).
T_T now you tell me...wouldn't they be showing the cricket especially if they're playing at the Gabba? o_O

Robert0427 said:
I really hope the second half of the hoenn season comes on Cartoon Network Australia soon as im so sick of not having pokemon to watch on CN because the boring new season of Duel Masters is hogging air time
lucky, you have Foxtel? wish I did too...o_O