- When Walls Crumble -
(A Fantasy RP)
[Rated R for violence and language]
(A Fantasy RP)
[Rated R for violence and language]
*Sign up thread
Please refer to the sign up thread for plot and world information.
1. No god-modding / no Mary Sues (no perfect/ invincible characters. You cannot dodge every hit or land every strike!). Characters should be well-balanced, with defined strengths and weaknesses.
2. No powerplaying (“bunnying”) without permission, unless exceptionally minor in order to progress the RP. This in particular includes auto-hitting (do NOT harm another player’s character in your own post. It is up to the RPer themselves to decide 1. IF they are hit by an attack and 2. To what DEGREE the attack affected them)!
3. The character limit is one per RPer.
4. Sign ups are limited to the reserves taken beforehand. Unless we have significant drop-outs, sign ups are closed.
5. Please ask if you have any questions, or wish to suggest something to add to the world.
1. Tangeh - Princess Gwendolyn Esyl Hefina Quince Silverose (Non-magical human Royal Swordswoman)
2. *Jean Grey* - Sylvia Edelstein (Werewolf Death Knight)
3. Cometstarlight - Hazel Cornix (Werewolf Adventurer)
4. Minteh - Lynneth "Lyn" Grier (Non-magical human Scout)
5. Monster Guy - Veronica Lance (Magical human Sorceress)
6. Schade - Brother Genma Valerious Windcaller the Third ("Gen") (Magical human Cleric)
7. Sketchie (reserved)
8. TikTok13 - Zane Crowley (Werewolf Thief)
9. VampirateMace - Dimamire ‘Dimmy’ D. Nightshade (Half-vampire Rogue)
10. Vern - Sullivan Van Daal (Magical human Electromancer)
Seaside Village - Eastern District
A number of thoughts were swirling in the mind of Princess Gwendolyn Esyl Hefina Quince Silverose. Foremostly, her sword was clashed tightly against the blade of a Lochesterian guard. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her brow, and she broke away, just barely blocking the retaliating blow from her opponent. His allegiance to the rival kingdom (it was still odd to think of them as enemies, after so many years of being close allies), was marked clearly by blue patches on his armor and shield. Gwendolyn's own guards, scattered around and faring no better against Lochester's army, wore green patches in the same locations.
The second thought, nearly as pressing in her mind as the first, was their current location. They were in Seaside Village's eastern district, which was the central location for the refugees of magical races. Ylorian citizens were looking on in horror as the battle raged on directly in front of them. The glass windows of a nearby magic school had been shattered. This wasn't a battle at the territory line - how were these enemy soldiers here? Likely they came by sea, but that only suggested more bloodshed against the soldiers delegated to guard the ocean. It also suggested a motive, which based on previous reports, was probably merely to slay the refugees who hid here from Lochester's racist ideals. Regardless, this was not a battle she was anticipating when she snuck out of the castle without informing her father of her plans to sail to Lochester. It had caught her entire troop by surprise.
Which brought her to her third thought: if she survived this, her father was going to kill her. Barely old enough to have any command over the army, and already she was abusing it in a suicide mission. They were outnumbered, outmatched, and unprepared. Her father would never make such a mistake. But then again, this was why she knew she had to do this.
"I will not ask you again," Gwendolyn spoke with as much clarity as she could muster as her sides heaved for oxygen, "stand down. We did not come for a battle. I seek safe passage to - "
"Save it child," the Lochester commander said darkly. Their swords were still pressed together, and Gwendolyn knew she was outmuscled. He acted as if her sword was little more than an annoyance. "I have no intention of allowing the princess of Yloria to waltz into the Kingdom of Lochester while our kingdoms are at war with each other. My troops and I have our orders and we do not seek royal council."
Gwendolyn's eyes narrowed. "How dare you! You are making a terrible mistake. We have deployed no troops into Lochester, and I seek only peaceful royal diplomacy, yet you come on our lands unprovoked to spill the blood of innocents? Do you wish death upon your kingdom?!"
The man lowered and sheathed his sword, and Gwendolyn hesitantly matched his movements, still out of breath. To her horror, she saw much of her small army splayed on the ground around her. She didn't think they were dead - at least none of them seemed to have fatal wounds - but they were not fit for battle. The Lochester soldiers were gathering behind their commander, most of them still relatively unharmed. A few Ylorian troops staggered to their feet to join their remaining companions, but they were helpless to properly defend. The princess felt her heart pound in her chest as she looked at her soldiers, and then at the terrified innocents watching the battle. The commander frowned at her. "We have spilled no innocent blood. Only the blood of monsters and users of witchcraft, and any who would dare stand in our way." He glared at her. "Do you still wish to defy us? We are cleansing your community. It will be safer thanks to Lochester's doing - and if our Queen has it her way, Seaside Village will change hands permanently, for the good of all true humans who live here. Now," he drew his sword again, as did the rest of his army. "be a good girl and go home to your father. Cease this embarrassment of a defense at once."
Gwendolyn immediately drew her sword, her expression stony. "And let you slay the people Yloria has sworn to protect? I would sooner die." The commander was on her again in an instant - the metallic clashing of swords filled the air, and his swings held more vigor than last time. The remaining soldiers who could still fight obediently moved forward to rematch the rest of the army, but they were clearly outnumbered. They badly needed backup, or the battle would soon be over.