• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Wild Pokemon Faint

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm trying to remember the specific thing they say in Pokemon XD; It's something like "Enemy Zubat fainted! It fled somewhere..." So yeah, it flees when fainted.

EDIT: Some dude on YouTube had a thing about PokeSpots: "The wild Zubat grew tired and fled!". So that's what happens when a Pokemon faints.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Either, a nice rich gentleman comes round with a bucket of revives, revival erbs, a few max revives he finds and a sacred ash or two and revives all the fainted pokemon.
Or...
The pokemon get their buddies to raid the nearby pokemart.

Legendaries are reincarnated as a regular pokemon nearby. For instance, Ho-oh would become Rattata or Ghastly. A Zapdos from the power plant would become Electabuzz and so on.

Jalla199

Unown Trainer
I always thought they ran away, yeah "fainted" means not moving, but if they arn't moving then why can't I catch it. =P

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
I think it wakes up eventually, and walks off to annoy you yet again.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
i think they go through the ground into the game coding and wait to heal ^-^, then they come back, but they dont do that when you run away, cuz ive foughten the SAME magnemite lvl 28 male 8 times in a row before i decided to take it out

lolwut?

I think they lay their until they wake up, or a nice trainer drops an oran berry.

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
Yeah, the wording is self explanatory. They "faint" and wake up some time after.

Then how do you explain pokemon in your party? when they faint they don't wake up until you heal them

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Well it shows you in the game. They fall through the floor into another dimension where they spend eternity with all the other wild Pokemon who have fallen over the years. So next time think twice before you use Hyper Beam on poor little Sentret.

prinpoleon12

Pokemon Black ftw
Who's played Super Mario Bros.? A lot of people of course. Of what relevance does this have to do with Pok'emon fainting? Well, whenever Mario dies, he falls into the unknown like Pok'emon. Basically they die and get sucked into the ground like if Dark Void were used. Ya know, being a Pok'emon can suck.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmm, interesting question I've wondered about myself for countless nights. What does happen when you beat a wild Pokemon? Well in the games, we can be sure that a new one takes it's place but if the Pokemon in games were alive (and this can also work in the anime and manga mind you), I'd assume they'd wake up several hours later, crawl back to their little holes in the ground or the trees, lick their wounds, then they'd plot their vengence and attack the next 10 year old kid they stumble upon in the Tall Grass :)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Well in XD they all "grow tired and flee" like in XD..Then they recover at [insert Pokemon home here] so they can come back and try again. I dont think they just lie there :/ When our Pokemon faint, they're just too tired to fight but they can still do things like Surf and Fly.

FallenStar93

Well, I think they just lay in the grass. After all, they fainted.

i think they go through the ground into the game coding and wait to heal ^-^, then they come back, but they dont do that when you run away, cuz ive foughten the SAME magnemite lvl 28 male 8 times in a row before i decided to take it out

No you haven't. That's not how the game works. The game just happened to generate 8 level 28 Magnemites in a row. And they couldn't have been male, because Magnemite is genderless.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Yeah...that's not really the case, as mentioned. If you would've caught them all, then each would probably have its own unique combination of Nature and IVs.

Aurath8

Who's played Super Mario Bros.? A lot of people of course. Of what relevance does this have to do with Pok'emon fainting? Well, whenever Mario dies, he falls into the unknown like Pok'emon. Basically they die and get sucked into the ground like if Dark Void were used. Ya know, being a Pok'emon can suck.

Except for Darkrai, he goes in and out of this Dark void as he pleases, cos' he rules it. Also ghost types in general can do this. They live in the dark void alongside darkrai, all the souls Drifloon, Drifblim, Dusknoir and Shedinja have collected and the fainted pokemon.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
They duplicate some more of themselves to get revenge on us which they fail all the time