• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When will Guzma appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
I want him in the anime

Red and Blue

I would imagine that they reason they have yet to show Golisopod in the anime should be reason enough to believe we will see him.

04n70n10

Good question. Writers already used in some form the plots of SM and USUM, where Guzma (and Plumeria?) was involved in the games, so.... maybe we will have a particular episode focused in the Team Skull's capital Poh for some... reason, i suppose. Anyway, at this point i don't now if Guzma will be really important (if he will appear, obviously), just a "guest star" in 1-2 episodes or there's something going on....?

Last edited:

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Hehheh... what if... turns on scary flashlight. HE NEVER APPEARS...

Me: NO IT'S NOT TRUE. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Pokemon Anime Staff: Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, at this point I doubt Guzma will show up since Team Skull has done anything significant to the plot in any of the 94 SM Episodes so far (which is a real shame since is my favorite SM character along with Burnet)

Also @DatsRight thanks for reminding me that we never got AZ in the XY/XYZ anime :mad:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
In fairness when did AZ appear in XY or the Ghost Marowak appear in the OS?

Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, and Lusamine all appeared, who are equivalent to Guzma.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, and Lusamine all appeared, who are equivalent to Guzma.

Eh. SM's main antagonist is Lusamine, and she's not even a villain in the anime. And she lost that title of main antagonist/final boss except not really/whatever to Necrozma in USUM, and we also got that.

He may be a team leader (and Game Freak likes to pretend Lusamine doesn't exist when they list villains because she technically runs a foundation, not a team), it's not really fair to put Guzma on the same pedestal as the other bad guys. His ultimate goal is basically being hired muscle for Lusamine. So grand.

ShadowForce720

Eh. SM's main antagonist is Lusamine, and she's not even a villain in the anime. And she lost that title of main antagonist/final boss except not really/whatever to Necrozma in USUM, and we also got that.

He may be a team leader (and Game Freak likes to pretend Lusamine doesn't exist when they list villains because she technically runs a foundation, not a team), it's not really fair to put Guzma on the same pedestal as the other bad guys. His ultimate goal is basically being hired muscle for Lusamine. So grand.

Still though no matter how you look at it Team Skull is still technically considered a evil team, and considering that we still have still have a bit of episodes left before the Sun and Moon anime is over and considering that they have bothered to show the Team Skull Grunts, it means that the possibility of Guzma showing up can't be ruled out. Also Guzma's situation isn't really comparable to AZ or the Ghost Marowak since AZ and the Ghost Marowak weren't leaders of evil teams, and regardless of how you feel about it, it doesn't matter if you don't think that Guzma is not on the same level as the other team boss as, Team Skull is still technically considered a evil team and from what we've seen of the other evil team bosses they all showed up in some degree, which means until proven otherwise Guzma is probably going to be showing up at some point.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That's why we need Guzma and Team Skull in the anime! To have some proper villains!
Calling Team Skull proper villains is delusional. They're just a bunch of kids trying to act cool. They exist almost solely for comedy. Which, while not a problem in the games, is one in the anime when they still have the comedic TRio following the twerps, making Skull redundant.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Still though no matter how you look at it Team Skull is still technically considered a evil team

They're a bunch of loser punks who failed to finish the island challenge and are constantly treated as nothing more than nuisances throughout the game.

One of the Grunts literally states they don't have plans for world domination, and despite this seemingly being an obvious red herring, it ended up being 100% true.

Evil (massive air quotes) team they may be, they have never been treated on the same level as the others.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
He could easily be integrated into the alola league plot, given how he hates the island challenge in the games

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
That's why we need Guzma and Team Skull in the anime! To have some proper villains!

Guzma and Team Skull are so pathetic as a villainous team, they make Jessie, James and Meowth look like professional badass Elite Team Rocket squad that Giovanni would only call for his toughest assignments. And that's no joke.

In the anime, Team Rocket seems to beat the Team Skull grunts almost every time they butt heads. And nobody in the games ever takes Team Skull seriously. Only Plumeria seems to be legit threat but that's not saying much.

In fact, the appeal of Team Skull is that they are indeed pathetic losers who have no chance of being like the other villainous teams. They are Jessie, James and Meowth on an organization scale with Guzma as their king. You know, if the TRio weren't part of Team Rocket, they would certainly find a home in Team Skull. Heck, they'll be Guzma's top lieutenants in no time given the competition.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wonder how they'll handle Guzma. I assume it's going to happen in a last-minute single episode to wrap Team Skull up as quickly as possible. Personally I wished the anime handled Guzma like the manga did.

You know what's surprising about this Guzma though? This Guzma literally shows up on the first island. Not the third island, the very first island with his badass looking Golisopod behind him. his reactions to losing is as hilarious as his game version too. Also his lieutenant Plumeria is just so sweet and caring towards Guzma under that tough mean-looking exterior of hers. You can tell it how she's jealous of how Guzma thinks Lusamine is the only person who understands him or how she intends to go to the depths of Ultra Space just to rescue him. She's such a sweet character underneath that gangster look of hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.