• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When will Guzma appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think this would have been a more likely opinion near the beginning of the generation. Now that it's been so long without his appearance, I actually do think that if he appeared it would be in an arc, because what would be the point now of having him appear in random fillers.. if he's just going to appear in random fillers.. why hasn't he been doing so all gen long?

Well let's face it, SM has used up all its major plot lines, and now all that's left is LGPE promotion (which shouldn't last more than 2 months, so like 6-8 episodes), Poni Trials, and the league. So with around a year left of SM, simply having these as the major plot points to tie up for a whole year isn't enough imo, so I'm definitely expecting loads of fillers towards the end to tie up till the next gen. That's why, I think they'll introduce Guzma then, as a means of saving someone of some interest during that period.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lol, this sounds like a post @AuraChannelerChris would type.
Nah. I'd simply ask "Why is this happening this way? Why must they go so against a plot that could be shown really well in animated form with a few alterations instead of putting it all down the crapper and picking up the first thing that came out of said crapper?"

To be honest, to answer the thread's topic a bit more, I have to wonder how they absolutely didn't bank on Guzma's popularity and left him for last.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Litleonid said:
We're nearly 100 episodes in and way past Ula'ula Island. Where is ya boy Guzma? Not even any sign of Plumeria yet.

I figure that Plumeri would show up when Guzma does, if he even appears at all. But given what a joke the Skull-dan is in SM, I have a feeling Guzma might become a gag character.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The fact that we're getting Misty & Brock twice before Guzma or Plumeria irks me

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The fact that we're getting Misty & Brock twice before Guzma or Plumeria irks me
It doesn't irk me at all, because I'll take this continuity compared to what we got in XY.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
At this point they have no reason to appear without it seeming forced. At least Brock and Misty make sense due to LGPE. Heck I can see Leaf appearing in the anime before Guzma. Maybe as a female rival to defeat Ash for once.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
How would it be forced? He's the villain boss of this gen

That could be debated but it would be weird because by now everything about him would just feel weird and forced. Aether is good now and the legendaries are dealt with. At this post the only way to bring him in would be to have him in the league which could be nice

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Or write something in with Team Rainbow Rocket

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Or write something in with Team Rainbow Rocket
I think they already did not necessarily Team Rainbow Rocket but Team Rocket's return in that Necrozma special. Honestly, I think the Pokemon League, Team Skull wrap-up and the Ultra Beasts Episode, which is done with the Ultra Guardians-themed episodes, are left. Come to think of it, how are we not talking about Anabel's possible return? She has much of a chance of appearing as Guzma.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I think they already did not necessarily Team Rainbow Rocket but Team Rocket's return in that Necrozma special. Honestly, I think the Pokemon League, Team Skull wrap-up and the Ultra Beasts Episode, which is done with the Ultra Guardians-themed episodes, are left. Come to think of it, how are we not talking about Anabel's possible return? She has much of a chance of appearing as Guzma.

There's absolutely no way they would include her XD

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That would require showing a character who visibly aged between appearances. I also don't think they would bring back such a minor character from a previous season like that. They may include a stand-in for her but seems a bit late now.
Nope. That will never happen if they bring her back unless they do an alternate dimension scenario. You forgot one thing! This isn't the games. This isn't the Adventures manga. This is the anime lol. For example, remember how the anime gods granted the gift of Cheren becoming an adult in the same season as Bianca was still a kid? And let's not forget the anime gods has given Ash and his friends, and pretty much everyone else he meets, immortality. The anime gods don't pay that much attention to the little details so it shouldn't be a problem to put a fellow 10 or 11 year old in a police suit. And before you argue about the police suit, they have put kids in adult uniforms lol so it shouldn't be too surprising, but still awkward, to see Anabel looking like an agent at around Ash's size lol.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Nope. That will never happen if they bring her back unless they do an alternate dimension scenario. You forgot one thing! This isn't the games. This isn't the Adventures manga. This is the anime lol. For example, remember how the anime gods granted the gift of Cheren becoming an adult in the same season as Bianca was still a kid? And let's not forget the anime gods has given Ash and his friends, and pretty much everyone else he meets, immortality. The anime gods don't pay that much attention to the little details so it shouldn't be a problem to put a fellow 10 or 11 year old in a police suit. And before you argue about the police suit, they have put kids in adult uniforms lol so it shouldn't be too surprising, but still awkward, to see Anabel looking like an agent at around Ash's size lol.

That's literally what I'm saying...? Cheren appeared as an adult but he never appeared as his younger self. A character will only appear as one age in the anime to not break the immersion. I don't think bringing in a character that Ash would recognize with a drastically different appearance, even if they made her look younger, would be a thing the writers would do. Not to mention Anabel's last appearance was WELL over 10 years ago. The current viewership would probably just be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.