1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

When will Guzma appear

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Bariokie, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Not so different from Steven's recent appearances lol. I don't think Ash even recognized him lol which now that you mention it, if they do show Anabel I assume they'll go the same path where Ash never recognizes her lol.

2. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I just doubt they would include that plot at all honestly. Doesn't really seem like something they would do.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  3. shoz999

To be honest, with this late in the anime, it doesn't seem like Guzma could happen but people are still holding on that it could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Anabel appears or doesn't appear. The Ultra Beast storyline isn't finished, so it's perfect for Anabel to appear as a one-time character of the day or it could never happen for reasons.

4. Ash would recognize her lol

5. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

@shoz999 how can you say Anabel is as likely as Guzma when Guzma is the leader of the current gen's Team?

6. shoz999

What I'm saying is they both have a 50/50 chance of appearing in order to wrap up or enhance storylines that are unfinished. For Anabel, it's the Ultra Beast storyline. For Guzma, it's the Team Skull storyline. At the same time, the anime is known to finish these storylines, if they even want to, without such important characters.

7. LilligantLewis

Guzma is the leader of the current gen's Team who has always appeared in the anime whereas Anabel is a returning character from a previous gen game, all of whom have not appeared in the anime.

8. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Anabel is from a post-game plot, not the main plot, and we know the anime doesn't always choose to adapt that post-game.

9. LilligantLewis

Charon should have appeared in that Ranger Heatran episode tbh.

10. Prof. SALTY

I mean, Jasmine did. I see where you're coming from though

11. Epicocity

Jasmine was actually just standing on the beach of Sunyshore and gives you the HM for Waterfall after you beat the Gym, if I remember correctly, so it's not quite the same.

12. Prof. SALTY

Yeah but she still came back in the anime.

13. Epicocity

That's not quite what's being argued. We're arguing more the validity of Guzma showing up over the return of Anabel. Jasmine doesn't fit either of those categories.

Guzma:
    -Is one of the major antagonists of the SM games
    -Represents this Gen

Jasmine:
    -Had no major changes other than design between gens
    -Was an NPC that gave you an HM in the main game

Anabel:
    -Switched roles entirely
    -Was from post-game content, which is rarely adapted

Jasmine was easy to bring in without retconning anything. Guzma is fine because we've never seen him. Anabel completely shifted professions and is older in SM, necessitating some big retconning if she were to appear suddenly, or big justification, which SM isn't very good at.

And before anyone brings up Steven, they never explicitly said anything about him, and he was more a random CotD than a Champion in his appearance.

14. Prof. SALTY

I know and agree with you that theres no chance in hell Anabel will appear over Guzma, but you can't just say "Anabel is a returning character from a previous gen game, all of whom have not appeared in the anime." Because that's simply not true.

15. Epicocity

I wasn't the one arguing that; I was arguing that she's a returning character who is from post-game content, and thus is unlikely to return. Though Jasmine's also an unfair comparison because they were marketing HGSS at the time, too, which she was a main part of.

16. Prof. SALTY

But her appearance in Sinnoh was unrelated.

Edit: Golisopod hasn't appeared in the anime yet. Maybe they'll have a character of the day style ep with a different sort of Guzma than we've seen like they did with Lusamine

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  17. LilligantLewis

I phrased it in a weird way, but I meant that not all of them have appeared, I did not mean that none of them have appeared.

18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Not soon enough is the correct answer.
    I fear for how he'll be portrayed this late and how his character arc will end up. They barely even use Team Skull as a whole! Team Skull would be a lot better off than shoehorning Team Rocket into every episode that needs drama!

Team Skull is the best team as they're the most realistic aside from Team Rocket, only Team Rocket members don't have the relatable charm the losers of Team Skull have. They could do so much with them.... and Guzma could try seducing Ash to his cause as Ash himself is a failure.
    I hope Guzma doesn't get turned into a thug like Ghetsis ended up turning into a stereotypical villain of the day, Guzma has a charm the other villain leaders don't have. He's human

SH65 likes this.
  19. SH65

SH65 Victory Over All!

I bet he's going to come up at the tail end of SM to be a boring last battle to deal with. It would be the last F- you SM gives to people who even cared about Team Skull.

20. LilligantLewis

It's kind of weird because when Team Skull appeared in Episode 1, breaking the record of Episode 2 by Team Rocket and Team Magma, I really thought they were going to be a big deal.

04n70n10 and KenzeyEevee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.