• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When will Guzma appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I hope Giovanni shows up and gets owned by Ya Boi, who doesn't take kindly to people muscling in on his turf

That's true, but Giovanni is on another level compared to Ya Boi. Ya Boi may try to intimidate Giovanni, but the latter can easily swat him aside.

D

Deleted member 384931

Idk if he will appear anymore. It feels WAY too late, TS isnt that relevant anymore, if it was ever relevant....

Peter Harrison

It is probably to late for him to appear now.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think it's getting too late for him to appear as well.

besides I'd rather see more Lillie and Lana (as well as their Pokemon) focused episodes anyways

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
By the time sm104 airs we'll probably know if guzma will ever appear (the final part of the opening is just putting bits of the current 2-parters, with zeraora for 100/101, and brock and misty for 102/103, replacing nagisa's scene previously, so he could be fit here after said 2-parters if he's going to appear, and by then we'll have a preview of things that will happen early 2019 and most likely a poster too, given everything in september's poster will already have been covered by then, so that's guzma's final chance)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If he did appear, I hope he doesn't turn out to be your generic bad guy.

lol
That's my greatest fear cause they're taking so damn long.
I want him to be treated right, not get beat and carted off to prison like Ghetsis unceremoniously was. My favorite bad characters always get **** treatment.... Ghetsis was generic af, AZ(The only good part of Team Flare) got skipped...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
lol
That's my greatest fear cause they're taking so damn long.
I want him to be treated right, not get beat and carted off to prison like Ghetsis unceremoniously was. My favorite bad characters always get **** treatment.... Ghetsis was generic af, AZ(The only good part of Team Flare) got skipped...
I don't remember much about Maxie or Archie, but every major villain boss has been wrongly represented in this series.

Giovanni either gets his hands dirty in moments that Ash would forget no problem, or he rots sitting on his couch and being fooled(?) by TRio's "progress."

Cyrus was not the unnerving stoic man but a businessman without the dark past.

Ghetsis's inferior and cliche B2W2's appearance was used in favor of his BW one when he misled N into being a savior.

Lysandre got some sick fascination with Mega Evolution and made voodoo technology fusing made up Zygarde energy, which ended as a strange parody of The Legend of Korra's Book 2 & 4's finales. Also, AZ doesn't exists (though really, even in the games his story wasn't all that developed).

Guzma's debut is being so put on hold and made less important because of how Viren looks strangely similar like him, except as a rich guy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nodame said:
If he did appear, I hope he doesn't turn out to be your generic bad guy.

I think he might be generic as far as his goals are concerned if SM's other major villains are anything to judge by, although he might also have a sense of humor since practically all of SM's characters also have a funny side.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Question for everyone. Would you guys all be satisfied if Guzma only has one episode or possibly a two-parter as many expect on how the anime crew will wrap Team Skull up?

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Question for everyone. Would you guys all be satisfied if Guzma only has one episode or possibly a two-parter as many expect on how the anime crew will wrap Team Skull up?
I'd rather he enter illegally to the league to prove the island challenge is bogus, that'd be a nice way to tie him into this whole thing

shoz999

I'd rather he enter illegally to the league to prove the island challenge is bogus, that'd be a nice way to tie him into this whole thing
But I'm not asking if you rather have Guzma enter the season in another way. I'm asking, due to the anime crew's usual trend of handling characters that haven't been seen throughout over half of the season, if your okay with Guzma appearing in one episode or a two-parter. This is the anime afterall and no one should be surprised if it comes down this way, which is why, if this actually happens, would you guys be alright with this?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
But I'm not asking if you rather have Guzma enter the season in another way. I'm asking, due to the anime crew's usual trend of handling characters that haven't been seen throughout over half of the season, if your okay with Guzma appearing in one episode or a two-parter. This is the anime afterall and no one should be surprised if it comes down this way, which is why, if this actually happens, would you guys be alright with this?
depends on how they handle it, but I'd most likely be disappointed, though thankfully we have quite a bit of upcoming golisopod merch, and TS is appearing at the beginning of the poni island arc, so we may get likely (also, what do you think about the "illegal league entry" idea?)

shoz999

depends on how they handle it, but I'd most likely be disappointed, though thankfully we have quite a bit of upcoming golisopod merch, and TS is appearing at the beginning of the poni island arc, so we may get likely (also, what do you think about the "illegal league entry" idea?)
Would be a great way of handling Guzma at the last second... but what do you think about this...

A Golisopod episode... WITHOUT GUZMA... = No Guzma

Guzma fans everywhere, horrified.

D

Deleted member 384931

Would be a great way of handling Guzma at the last second... but what do you think about this...

A Golisopod episode... WITHOUT GUZMA... = No Guzma

Guzma fans everywhere, horrified.
Idk why the writers wait so long to let him appear?

shoz999

Idk why the writers wait so long to let him appear?
If it is a one-time appearance, it'll be awesome due to the anime crew's experience in doing one-time takes on previous characters. Let' see here, you got your boy Bill from Indigo League, ask any of those Pokemon Adventure fanboys and they will have a hard time arguing that Bill's most memorable appearance was in the anime, wearing a Kabuto costume. Then you got Kurt from the Johto region, one of the most badass old men in the Pokemon anime who takes the GS Ball and we never see it again because he's just that badass. Then the time Maxie and Archie appeared. Ingenius, 'claps', very ingenius. You got Archie who for the first time in the Pokemon series turns into Ash Ketchum when he got possessed by the King of Pokelantis, a character we barely know turn to the darkside, horrifying all Pokemon fans everywhere. You got Maxie who pulls out the greatest twist in the Pokemon anime series. Fooling Pokemon fans everywhere to think he actually did anything. I don't know about you but the fact that Maxie hasn't used a single Pokemon, what a twist!

So relax. It's because of the anime crew's experience in doing well-done one-time game character appearances, you guys have nothing to worry about Guzma. It's going to be as awesome as the time Maxie didn't really do anything. That's how awesome it's going to be. You know who everyone really wants to see though! Dexio and Sina, they are the two most badass most memorable characters of Gen 6. Truly amazing. GameFreak did a great job on who should represent Kalos in the Battle Tree. Almost as amazing as Janine's official appearance in the anime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.