• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you are new...

Torosiken

This is a title.
Tell me when you're new at a forum! <-I not care new at this forum or other XD
People are sumthin like noob when new to a forum right? How's your 1st time at forum?

If me, this is my 1st forum...

I was new at internet last year, I search a place for pokemon information. I found serebii.net then I wandering bout this site. Forums? What's that? I clicked it. I open and see, Wow! a community! (I trought it same as friendster lol coz I found register link) I clicked and I register. Lol, I dunno I must enter my real e-mail so I enter other e-mail XD
For a month I can't active my account lol XD then I understand and active it lol XD

1st time I posting, I think a thread is for together, so if there's a shop, we can sell ours too, if there's a fan art thread, I must show mine there too XD, I not understand till at TPPC Forum, lol,.. I offer my pokemon trade at someone's thread! and that owner of thread mad to me! XD

treespyro

Vintage much?
Ok then, That wasn't funny really,

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
When i'm new to a forum, I lurk. Then post when I've figured out the environment.
That is how you win.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
What happened was that I arrived at the forums, noticed that the were cliques that shouted their mouth off and put off others from posting. After a while their jokes got repetitive and since everyone new was an outsider the atmosphere got stale. Now the old cliques talk about how everything went downhill and end up sounding like my grandad.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
lWhat happened was that I arrived at the forums, noticed that the were cliques that shouted their mouth off and put off others from posting. After a while their jokes got repetitive and since everyone new was an outsider the atmosphere got stale. Now the old cliques talk about how everything went downhill and end up sounding like my grandad.
lol so true. When I was new here I got an infraction for telling people to eat psychedelic mushrooms! lol.

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
At first I was posting at the wrong places :]
But then later on in about a month or so, I started
getting respect. Nice story by the way.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
i was being a person not knowing what and where to post.

i figured it out fast, though.

CloverTheKirlia

Confidence Is Power
I was new at internet last year, I search a place for pokemon information. I found serebii.net then I wandering bout this site. Forums? What's that? I clicked it. I open and see, Wow! a community! (I trought it same as friendster lol coz I found register link) I clicked and I register. Lol, I dunno I must enter my real e-mail so I enter other e-mail XD
For a month I can't active my account lol XD then I understand and active it lol XD

That's the same way i found these forums. :p But it was 3 days until my account was activated.

Hmm... Hide in the shadow's for a while. then try to find people i get along with pretty well. Simple actually.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

This is my 3rd forum. (if you don't consider myspace and facebook) My very first was Gamespot. I lurked for a very long time, and then I finally caved and joined. By then I already new the general fads and stuff from my lurking. Then, knowing me, I got bored bored and suicidally spammed. When I tried to make a new account, I realized that they ban your IP Address there so I could never join again. Then I joined Animal Crossing Community. I did a good job of not spamming 4 teh lulz this time. But all the residents there were VERY young, and I'm talking 9 and 10 year olds here. So, as usual, I decided to suicidally cause a ruckus because I hated that site. I posted inappropriate links and spam threads that filled up the entire page. Good times, gooooood times. Then, just last month, HGSS was announced. I figure I would get a lot more info then just reading the updates on the main site by listening to member's speculation and like. And I also really wanted to get into a good Pokemon site so I had people to talk to about Platinum, so I joined. Don't worry, I won't go on a spamming rampage this time ;)

I also noticed how the people and mods are quite biased and short-tempered when it comes to new members. When I first got here, I would just say a small insult and the mods would give me an infraction. Now, they have much more patience, which is nice. And the other members would get annoyed when I posted, and often ignore me. But when I started posting a lot, people got to know me well and I got the respect I deserved.

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
I also noticed how the people and mods are quite biased and short-tempered when it comes to new members. When I first got here, I would just say a small insult and the mods would give me an infraction. Now, they have much more patience, which is nice. And the other members would get annoyed when I posted, and often ignore me. But when I started posting a lot, people got to know me well and I got the respect I deserved.

Thats probably because 9 out of 10 new users create completely pointless/overdone topics and act like theyre 8, then never post again. This is mostly in GPD, though. Even I groan when I see that picture of Oak and Charmander with a Pokeball, with "Beginning Trainer" overhead. Its not their fault, until they post their spam.

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
This was my first forum. I joined to get more info on the deoxys event, but i ended up forgoting about finding the info about it (also couldn't find they page XP) and just ending up posting in some topics, started a roleplay, and had a art thread. So i went about my business.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
When I was new here I drew little attention to myself. Very little has changed since.

On another forum I drew a lot of attention to myself, and became popular and integrated myself with the 'cool' people very quickly. Many of them have left since.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

Thats probably because 9 out of 10 new users create completely pointless/overdone topics and act like theyre 8, then never post again. This is mostly in GPD, though. Even I groan when I see that picture of Oak and Charmander with a Pokeball, with "Beginning Trainer" overhead. Its not their fault, until they post their spam.
I suppose I would have to agree with you there. That's why I racked up a massive amount of of posts in the first week I was here. (I didn't spam, I just kept my messages short and to the point) Seriously, just look at my stats on the top right part of my post. And have you ever noticed how they never ever use capitalization and punctuation? This is a forum people, not a text. I suppose I'm being hypocritical, but whatever :)

Mel-Girl

left. right.
I used to be one of those noobs that thought they were the shizz - or more, thought I could be one of those wellknown and damn hilarious members. Then I posted with that attitude and was a bit of a fail. My goodness. XD I made a Pokeshipper throw a psycho at me once. :x

And then I had a bit of a hiatus and came back with a more mature attitude and just decided to be more friendly towards others. I then made some friends and from there on, I've always been meeting new people and all that. It's great. XD