• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you surfed, did you encounter about 60 Tentacools before getting back on land?

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
I did. Every two "steps", TENTACOOL!!!

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Pretty much.

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
Me Too.
It never fails...
But that's where Repels come in, right?

trfan

The 'Weird' One
Oh god, just don't, the memories of surfing my way back down the entire of the water route in Hoen without any repels, it haunts me.

Also I love how when you just want to leave its every step you take but when you want to catch a Pokemon you have to run through 50 acres of grass just for one random encounter, the game hates me!

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
ooh bad luck.

yeah i too use repels. i just want to get to the other side quick.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Heck yeah sometimes its not even two steps. I move one block over and there you go F'N TENTACOOL!! Luckily after horrible Zubat/Geodude/Tentacool run ins I always nothing less than 15 repels (any repel that I can get) on my virtual person.

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
Me Too.
It never fails...
But that's where Repels come in, right?

I never really bought repels. There may have been a rare pokemon in the route!

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
I like how BW replace the annoying PKMN. Which are Machop, Geodude, Zubat and Tentacool. I was jumpin' for joy when I found out that they didnt have those PKMN listed above.

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
Machop, Geodude, Zubat and Tentacool
Machop isn't as annoying as Zubat, Geodude or Tentacool.

And yeah, I hate that in every step, a TENTACOOL! ;x. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to use Repels.

Nebbio

NINJA!
This developed some Tentacool hating problems for me.

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
Machop isn't as annoying as Zubat, Geodude or Tentacool.

And yeah, I hate that in every step, a TENTACOOL! ;x. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to use Repels.

Well, everytime I walk around a cave I see a Machop! Im just glad all the annoying ones were replaced

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tentacool were the most common Pokemon encountered at sea in Generation 3, so it isn't all that surprising that people encountered hundreds of them. I used Repels quite a bit in these games when I went Surfing, so the Tentacool didn't really bother me much. I did encounter a Shiny Tentacool once, though, so I guess they can't be all that bad :)

Mister_SGG

Tentacruel are worth battling... Tentacool are not...

But, God (more so Game Freak)gave us the blessing that is the Max Repel... let us rejoice....

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
But, God (more so Game Freak)gave us the blessing that is the Max Repel... let us rejoice....

Yeah... REPELS ROCK!! I think it's the best item ever xD

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
I was playin' Sapphire and I was on one of those water routes and I encountered...... A LVL 65 TENTACOOL!!!