• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you surfed, did you encounter about 60 Tentacools before getting back on land?

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Repels FTW!

I always have AT LEAST 50 Max Repels on me lol

Serebii!

Tentacool was way to common in games, I stayed away from water I would make one trip across then always use Fly. They weren't even good to train against because they were so weak, they become anonying for all trainers but Max Repels are the answer

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
They're the Zubats of the ocean. You can't go two spaces without running into three of them -- if you're lucky.

Estellise

peachy
Reason why I have 100 Repels in my bag.

zeno48

Zaker!
No, because i had max repels or repels with me all the time to avoid the hassle.

Ver-mont

Everybody without repels did, it's like they're planning to take over the region or something, there are loads and loads of them.

tomjames1966

It was absolute torture, I left my DS on the hallway and my little brother picked it up and sold every single max repel I had. I was about half way through a route when I realized I had used up all my super repels and repels!

Last edited:

Psyanic

( ⌐▀-▀)
I never encountered that many Tentacool. Instead, I ran into a lot more Pelippers and Wingulls. Those stupid birds.

Blazeing Man

proffesional artist
I spendt all my dolalrs on Repals before i went srufing so that way i would not see all the tenticools and wingulls and pelliper.i didnot like those pokemon because they appeared too many times and I hated them.

Kall El

..Silence..
Haha the title of this thread made me laugh :]
But yeah that's part of what Hoenn is know for, endless seas and water routes ;p
60 Tentacruels? Heck, I probably encountered a few hundreds.. but that's where repels come handy right? :]

Earthia100

Stupid me. Spending my hard-earned PokeYen on coins for the slots... little did I know that after I beat Koga in the next town I gotta get to Cinnabar island somehow. One hour and 60 Tentacools later... I arrive weeping tears of regret. The Porygon was SO not worth it.

I never use Repel
Rattata, Zubat and Tentacool suck

FusionKT

*cough*
i always ran into heaps but then i started to use repels and the problem just went away ;)

After playing Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and never once remembering the beauty of max repels, I have come to hate Tentacools. I cannot describe the relief I felt when I didn't have to deal with them in Black.

The G-Man

Yep, and still do.