• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you were young, what was the FIRST video game console you had in your house?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
When I was at the age that I knew what a video game was, the NES. Technically though, it was the Atari 2600.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My first console I had was the PlayStation 1 and I still remember how I would play Digimon Rumble Arena non-stop.

Ah, the nostalgia trip.

First console was a Dreamcast! FTW!!!! Oh the nostalgia....

Ibuki Mioda

SHSL: Light Music
The first console I ever got was a Nintendo DS and I got Nintendogs along with it. Booooring. My cousin let me play his GBA a lot and that is how my pokemon addiction bloomed. On my DS the game I grew an addiction to was Nintendogs because that is all I had.

Greekboy

It was either a PS2 or GBA. For the PS2, I don't think there was a specific game I was entirely addicted to, but the top 3 games I can remember enjoying were this Dragonball game, a Corvette racing game and Sonic Heroes. As for the GBA, the games I played the most and was addicted to were Ruby/Emerald version, and SMA4 (which is SMB3).

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
First handheld was my Gameboy Color and my first non handheld was a Playstation 1. ^~^

Davve

my first console was a nes back in the 90's :)
first handheld was the original black/white gameboy !

Chalis

Victorious
First console was an N64. First handheld was a GBA SP.

Slowy

New and Improved
I'll approach the questions from two different angles here.

1a. The first game systems in the household from my time were the NES, the SNES, and Sega Genesis. b. With the Genesis, it was the first Sonic the Hedgehog game (though I played the second more often) I first really played, and I think the same applies to Super Mario Kart for the SNES.
2a. The first game system I had was the aforementioned Genesis. b. The game I first played quite a bit there was, again, the first Sonic the Hedgehog.

(That is from my immediate memory and after a discussion about nostalgia; there're a number of details lost in my childhood files.)

arized

#hsb
The Sega Genesis! :D

Toe Jam & Earl. Rocket Knight Adventures. Sonic the Hedgehog. Vectorman.

Ahh... memories. :D

My first handheld console was the gameboy color pikachu edition, and i was only 3 years old when i got it, although i only ever had one single gameboy color game, it was enough fun for me.

Regarding to home-consoles, the first one was the PlayStation 1, and the series i most enjoyed was the megaman x games.

Kurry

Sega Genesis or the original Game Boy. Not too sure which I owned first though; the Genesis belonged to my sister.. and at one point I got a red Game Boy. I generally credit Sonic 1 and 2, and Super Mario Land 1 and 2 among the first video games I ever played.

Oddly enough, I have this one very weird and most likely false memory of owning a SNES (or possibly NES) at a, perhaps, earlier point. Also, in that memory, I also recall my uncle taking it away from me for some reason and never seeing it again. :c

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Since some people are stating their first handheld console too, I might as well tell you guys mine :)

GameBoy Color for me! First game ever was Pokémon Red...ahh the memories :') I also had that flashlight accessory since there in-game lighting wasn't on handheld consoles wasn't that utilized back in the day

Leader

Expert
My first video game console was Game Boy Advance. Then, I had the Play Station 1.

StarryFrogs

A Gameboy colour! We had two, a yellow and a purple one. They were from my older sisters, but they gave it to me and my sister. Ever since I've always had a nintendo console, and now I am using my third Nintendo (3)DS.
The first game I got into was Pokemon Red and Blue. I was devastated when I found out that the save files were gone after several years... T.T

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
First console would have to be the SNES. Absolutely loved that thing. I had Art of Fighting, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, a bootleged 52-in-1 games cartridge (included Contra, the Bee game on the 3DS 3D classics, Dr. Mario, a circus game, some shooters, etc), Jurassic Park, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters. Loved each and every one of those games, and I only had a few games, so I was able to play them more and appreciate them more.

First handheld would have to be the Gameboy Color. I don't remember which games I had, but like the SNES, only a few, less than 10. My aunty was the one who gave it to me. Funny thing, I can perfectly remember little ol' me getting mad when the game it came with was Mario. I didn't accept the GBC. I think my aunty just gave it to my dad, who then gave it to me without the Mario game (forget which one) taken out. Maybe that's why I like Mario, but don't put it on some kind of godly pedestal like most people seem to do.

The SNES now is broken. I don't know what happened. I asked my dad what happened to it several years ago, and just said it broke. The GBC, I don't know. Maybe it got lost, stolen, I don't know. I hate my kid self. Today, if I were to lose my 3DS or Vita, I'd totally go bonkers. I don't see them for 30 minutes, and I start acting like a teenage girl who couldn't go to that *insert current popular/most hated young singer at the time* concert.