• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you were young, what was the FIRST video game console you had in your house?

ebevan91

Sega Genesis

Birdyboy

Pokemon Breeder
PlayStation 1, great memories of the great, under appreciated game hogs of war

Cyberra

pain in the ***
First game system in my house was my youngest sister's Nintendo 64, which mom found at a church flea market. Only game I ever played on it was a bit of 007 Goldeneye with Michelle and I always died in about 20 seconds.

First game system I ever owned myself was a Nintendo DS lite, followed by a used PS2.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
The GameCube and I became addicted to SSBM and Need For Speed.
I still have that GameCube today with the memory card and controllers :).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The first system here was the 64 followed by GB

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
While I had played the NES, SNES and N64 and the GB/C before. The first console in my house was the GBA.

;-;

airaid

Breeding Geek
An NES with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I used to play SMB all the time.

It wasn't until at least 5-10 years later until I could beat it, though.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
My first one was the NES.
I remember playing duck hunt most of the time.
When it broke I got the PS2 instead of repairing it.
So yeah the NES was my first.

Skydra

It was an NES... But it was a long time before I was aware we had it, since it was just sitting in storage since my parents didn't play it. Because of this, the first console I played in my own house was a GameCube.

Last edited:
Mine was Game Boy Color. I got it when I was 6 along with a Kirby game. But I remember playing Pokémon Crystal several times, beating the game just to reset it and play again. I was a silly kid indeed.