• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you were young, what was the FIRST video game console you had in your house?

adek1991

First console to go into my house was my Game Boy... First home console was the good old PSX

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Atari 2600, Four-switch, wood grain model.

Psychic

Really and truly
I got an N64 because my best friend had one and I thought it was the coolest thing. She and I played Pokemon Stadium a lot, but I got pretty pro at Super Mario 64.

jordent17

The Spacehead
my older brother's SNES. I got heavily into Super Mario World, and six year old me would fuss quite often when I would consistently fail at beating the first few stages. Ah, little kid rage...

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
NES. My first step toward being the game junkie I am today. Contra, Gunsmoke, Legend of Zelda, and Kid Icarus were some of my favorites.

But yeah, I still have it and it still works. I even got it autographed by Mike Matei and James Rolfe, the guys who make the Angry Video Game Nerd episodes.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
The Sega Mega Drive. Ah good ol' Streets of Rage

I believe it was the Game Boy. I remember my mother saying that, when she was pregnant, she used to play Tetris a lot because you know, can't do silly stuff when there's a little someone floating in your belly. The first console I remember playing, however, was the Megadrive (Genesis for our American friends) with Sonic 2, which, to this day is still my favourite Sonic game.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
N64. It was my cousin's when we were little kiddies. That was 12 years ago xD that's how I was introduced to Pokemon games but I knew the Anime way years before that, nya~

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
N64. I didn't really care for video games at all until they had a demo of Mystical Ninja (I think it was in a BJ's of all places), and I loved it so much that I asked for the console for Christmas.

Austratus

a paper man
The one that I remember extensively was a PlayStation, but it might have been a Sega Genesis or something. I specifically remember Panzer Tactics being played, as well as this old dungeon crawler RPG that might be part of the Shining series.

And then Final Fantasy VII.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I'll probably have a different answer here, but the first console I played was Nintendo's Family Computer Disk System or in short, the Famicom!
It's basically Japan's version of the NES...I have no idea how or where my parents bought this for me lol

Shazinra

I believe the first console I've had is the Nintendo 64. I don't exactly remember when I got it.

Togeblimp

blimpu ●ω●
Gameboy if that counts, but probably not. First electronic system I've ever owned with Leafgreen as my first game.
Console though...was the Wii. My parents weren't gamers and so we never had anything video game-y in the house.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
Sonic and madden on Sega...the good days.

I know we definitely had an Atari 2600 when I was born, but we got the Super Nintendo a few years after, it's hard to remember. But man was it fun playing Donkey Kong Country 2