• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you were young, what was the FIRST video game console you had in your house?

Dwlr

Banned
Well my father had an Odyssey and it was still in the house when I was born so by default I suppose it wins he also had an Atari 2600 in the house, but the first one I played was the NES and it was already in the house when I was born as well.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I had an original Nintendo entertainment system in my household, it wasn't mine though. My first system was a tie between the PS and the SNES. I have stuck with Nintendo through the years because the PlayStation never really catered to my taste in games as I happen to like puzzle and adventure games more than games like metal gear and final fantasy.

ChadBoomgaarn

PKMN Master Chad
The 1st Console I ever had was a Nintedo 64 or N64.

Jordman96

I can't recall mine to make it 100% accurate since my parents were playing video games before I was born. But I remember playing a early Sega console as well as the NES/SNES.

bailey.ga

SNES, I was 4 and it was 1997, such good times

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Sega Genisis. I remember playing sonic the hedgehog and reaching marble garden zone at best...

It's too bad it's in my attic somewhere....

Arceusgamer14

The first Video game system I owned not counting the MS-DOS computer was Gameboy I got for Christmas 1997 (I think 1997) and my first console Video game console I owned was the Playstation in 1998(I believe), I later wanted a Nintendo 64 that attracted me in my friend's house and I finally got my first Nintendo home console in June 2000.

PokémonItch

Pokémon Coordinator
Mine was the Nintendo 64 ^_^
Me and my cousins always played Pokémon Stadium and Mario Kart in that system back in the day.
We loved the N64 <3

Rio!

Composer
The original NES.
My parents gave it to me to play with when I was 3. It also ad the Super Mario/Duck Hunt game and gun with it. 8D
This brings back memories of rage-quitting Friday the 13th; I still have a hard time with that game to this day. XD

My first handheld was the Super Mario Bros Game and Watch; a Sega Game Gear not long after that. c:

Last edited:

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
SNES. Still have it in my closet

satoshi95

My first console was the GameCube. Oh my gosh, I was so excited when I first got it. I think I originally only wanted it to play Pokemon Colosseum but I ended up enjoying Mario Kart Double Dash and a variety of The Sims games on it. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was amazing as well, especially the Chao Garden feature. Before that, though, I was given an old-school grey Game Boy, and of course the first game I got for it was Pokemon Blue! And so mine and the Pokemon franchise's love story began.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
The SNES. The only thing I remember playing was Super Mario World... wtf D: it was fun though.

Breeder Drew

A playstation 2. I didn't know what video games were for a long time due to being far too interested in lego to care. Then my neighbor bought a PS2 and I was enthralled.