• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When you were young, what was the FIRST video game console you had in your house?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
The first console I ever owned was the SNES, back when I was 7. I remember asking for one for Christmas and also the game Super Mario World with it, since I had played it all the time at daycare and liked it. I not only got that game with it, but five others as well. Two of them were ones I never played (NCAA Basketball and Liberty or Death, I think), one was Monopoly, one was Sim City (which I played occasionally), and the last was A Link to the Past. The last one instantly became one of my favourites, even though I had never heard of the Legend of Zelda series prior to this. I'm guessing my parents just picked other games that got good reviews.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
My very first console was a Sega Genesis that my parents bought me, then they bought me a Nintendo 64, and my very first handheld was my Turquoise Blue Gameboy Color.

zhixun

The black and white Gameboy during the new introduction of Pokémon red. Did not touch that for more than a decade.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
N64. Ah, the good ol' days. Trying to play Zelda OoT when you're three years old and don't speak a single word of English, let alone read... T was fun. I did do decently in MK64 back then, I'm told.

MDS777

The name's Riley
I remember owning a PlayStation 1 and a Nintendo 64. Although I don't really remember any of the games I owned (except for a couple of Spyro games and Crash Bandicoot games). I no longer have both systems.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
The very first console I had was the Game Boy Color, unfortunately the screen broke and practically made it unplayable. Then took me forever to save the money to get a Game Boy Advance, but man that thing took so much abuse from my sister an still played with no problems.

The first game I got addicted to, or I should say games since I got both Pokemon Red, an Pokemon Blue. I played them both more times then I can count.

Mudcat

My first was an original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), and my first game was an obscure little gem called Terra Cresta.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
I'd say PS2, since I remember seeing a scene from Kingdom Hearts when I was young and not caring beyond the fact that Jack Skellington was in it. I promptly bloodied my knees when I left the room and didn't any other video game experience until I got my GBA for my birthday a couple years later.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
A Sega Genesis and PS1.
Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Combat.

Looney Tunes Racing, Spyro 3, Crash racing ect.

Man those were the days.

Tangeh

My first was a Gameboy colour, and my first game was Pokémon Red! :) The only other games I remember owning besides the main pokemon ones were some Barbie fashion game and a bugs bunny platformer? My friend had one of the super Mario games and I borrowed that a lot... but mostly I played pokemon!

As for non-handhelds it was an N64 with Pokémon Stadium and Mario Kart. Best Christmas ever! xD

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Gameboy Advance, which I used to play Pokemon Red :p Though my first game was a Monsters Inc one...