• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where are the Serebii Raters(Haters)

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
Ok, I have offered my two cents worth on several of your RMT's. This is the first time I have shown my hand. I already know that this team works very well. I offer it for your consideration. I am sure you can find places to improve it, (it doesnt win every battle).

TOGEKISS-
adamant
Hustle
life orb or choice band
rock/ steel give this one trouble.
252 att / 84def/84sdef/84hp
runs from aerodactyl-switchs in swampert

xspeed / Aura Sphere / Aerial Ace (for hera) or wish / sky attack(for a last resort stab attack) or wish
This set kills-try it for yourself. EXtremespeed gets priority, it is then hustled, stabbed, and banded, to make a paltry 210 attack stat rather wicked.
Also no one expects physical toge, much to their dismay.

SWAMPERT
gentle
torrent
LEFTOVERs
not 100% sure on ev's. but Att/sp att/ spdef were the focus of training.
Grass users cause a switch. Then a switch to heracross unless it’s a mesprit, or cress.
If it is cresselia or a sprit switch to gyarados.

avalanche / surf / EQ / protect or rain dance (for weather control)

For some of you I know the nature isn't ideal, but this is the one I actually use. It was the first "wonderfully outstanding" poke I ever hatched. It ruled the emerald battle Island. I am a cartridge battler we don't live in a perfect world, just a richer and more fun one.

GYARADOS
Jolly
Intimidate
-LUM
252spd/252att/4
electric- switch in electivire
rock- switch in heracross
pump DD and if a status attack burns the lum berry start swinging.- if not pump again. Run from electric and rock unless I get in three DD's. (Needs to be faster than choicescarf electric user. Like starmie.

I know this set up is not the current "popular" one. It is not bulky, and does not use taunt, it just kicksa##.

ice fang / Aqua tail / DD / EQ

ELECTIVIRE-
adamant
motor drive
LIFE ORB
252 spd / 252 att/ 4 hp
With motor drive boost- try to sweep. Unless scarfchomp is in play. Use IP in anticipation of a switch. Switch electivire out if I get it wrong.
Scarfchomp still beats this poke even with Motor Drive going.

thunderpunch / icepunch / Close Combat / EQ

HERACROSS-
lonely
guts
flame orb
252/252/4
CloseCombat / EQ / stone edge /Swords Dance or megahorn

Azelf-
timid
levitate
choice scarf
252spd/252sp att/4 hp
special sweeper in case I need one. Revenge killer along with togekiss.
energy ball for swampert
Ice beam for dragons
t bolt for gyarados
shadow ball for ghosts of course
Really fast and hits pretty hard. I am looking for x4 damage so it can get 1ko's.

Or instead of azelf.

Infernape
Hasty
blaze
life orb or choice scarf
252speed/252 att/4 hp
shadow claw / flare blitz / Close combat/ uturn

shadow claw / CC / flareblitz /uturn

PS
thank you to any and all who respond.
the Humble Blue Raja

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Firstly use this set-up:

POkemon @ Item
EVs
Nature
Ability [if needed]
Attacks:

Explanation:

xgina

Banned
hustlekiss is pretty ***, but if you have to use it;

Togekiss @ Choice Band
Trait: Hustle
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk) / Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Satk)
- Aerial Ace
- Flamethrower / Steel Wing
- Focus Punch / Brick Break
- Extremespeed

yea have fun trying to make it work when you keep missing with extremespeed =).

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
You bothered to post this garbage:

Quote:
"Firstly use this set-up:

POkemon @ Item
EVs
Nature
Ability [if needed]
Attacks:

Explanation:"

end of Hauntershadow92's quote.

What are you a High School composition teacher? I didn't post this to be scolded regarding the layout of my outline. Why didn't you just take a red pencil and start "correcting" the "assignment". Did the horizontal nature of my "format" throw you off so badly, or is this really all you have to offer?

This is a gamesite- with some of the most outragous spelling and grammer errors you are likely to see anywhere. Presented by the semi-"literate".

(God I love quotation marks.""""""")

Just something for you to ponder, how and why are the things that the intellectual mind finds important. Not what (as in what are the rules).

In closing, "Mrs. Edna Crabapple". "Firstly" is barely a word. It can almost never be used properly, and certainly not in the context you presented. It has a conotation of something coming secondly, and you completely misused it in this example. Nothing came secondly and nothing of any value was communicated.

"GOOD NIGHT NOW!"

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Wow....Um it says to be successful in CRMT, you should def. use that format. I'm pretty sure you won't get any rates, as your format is pretty hard to read.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
You bothered to post this garbage:

Quote:
"Firstly use this set-up:

POkemon @ Item
EVs
Nature
Ability [if needed]
Attacks:

Explanation:"

end of Hauntershadow92's quote.

What are you a High School composition teacher? I didn't post this to be scolded regarding the layout of my outline. Why didn't you just take a red pencil and start "correcting" the "assignment". Did the horizontal nature of my "format" throw you off so badly, or is this really all you have to offer?

This is a gamesite- with some of the most outragous spelling and grammer errors you are likely to see anywhere. Presented by the semi-"literate".

(God I love quotation marks.""""""")

Just something for you to ponder, how and why are the things that the intellectual mind finds important. Not what (as in what are the rules).

In closing, "Mrs. Edna Crabapple". "Firstly" is barely a word. It can almost never be used properly, and certainly not in the context you presented. It has a conotation of something coming secondly, and you completely misused it in this example. Nothing came secondly and nothing of any value was communicated.

"GOOD NIGHT NOW!"

Just get over it and use the format. It is required by what would be called "The Rules."

TOGEKISS-
adamant
Hustle
life orb or choice band

xspeed / Aura Sphere / Aerial Ace (for hera) or wish / sky attack(for a last resort stab attack) or wish
This set kills-try it for yourself. EXtremespeed gets priority, it is then hustled, stabbed, and banded, to make a paltry 210 attack stat rather wicked.

You want a Choice Band, and Focus Punch is preferable over Aura Sphere to take advantage of the attack boost, and then Flamethrower in the last slot. This won't be getting through physical walls, and it won't be supporting the team either.

SWAMPERT
gentle
torrent
LEFTOVERs
Grass users cause a switch. Then a switch to heracross unless it’s a mesprit, or cress.

For some of you I know the nature isn't ideal, but this is the one I actually use. It was the first "wonderfully outstanding" poke I ever hatched. It ruled the emerald battle Island. I am a cartridge battler we don't live in a perfect world, just a richer and more fun one.

You are correct, the nature sucks. This Swampert's physical walling potential is severely reduced, so I would re-breed.

GYARADOS
Jolly
Intimidate
-LUM
252spd/252att/4
pump DD and if a status attack burns the lum berry start swinging.- if not pump again. Run from electric and rock unless I get in three DD's. (Needs to be faster than choicescarf electric user. Like starmie.

I know this set up is not the current "popular" one. It is not bulky, and does not use taunt, it just kicksa##.

With all of your power, you may as well go with Watefall. You wouldn't want to miss out on the flinch chance, or get an untimely miss.

ELECTIVIRE-
adamant
motor drive
LIFE ORB
252 spd / 252 att/ 4 hp
With motor drive boost- try to sweep. Unless scarfchomp is in play. Use IP in anticipation of a switch. Switch electivire out if I get it wrong.

Make it mixed. Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Cross Chop / HP Ice (or Ice Punch). It works much better that way, and isn't walled by the likes of Bronzong. Mild nature.

HERACROSS-
lonely
guts
flame orb
252/252/4

You want Jolly, since you have a power boost as it is.

Azelf-
timid
levitate
choice scarf
252spd/252sp att/4 hp
energy ball for swampert
Ice beam for dragons
t bolt for gyarados
Really fast and hits pretty hard. I am looking for x4 damage so it can get 1ko's.

Azelf does not learn Ice Beam. This is best used as a NP sweeper, Explosion Azelf to destroy Blissey, or a good Scarf lead.

Or instead of azelf.

Infernape
Hasty
blaze
life orb or choice scarf
252speed/252 att/4 hp

Physical Infernape is meh. Stone Edge > Shadow Claw.

I'd like to see your pokemon take a hit. Scarfchomp outspeeds all of your team and KOs them, while you can do nothing back, really. Swampert would normally handle it, but its Gentle nature stops that. Swampert isn't cutting it as your lone tank.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Seriously the format is really hard to read

Name @ Item
Nature
(Ability if needed)
EV Spread
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

[ALL COMMENTS/EXPLANTIONS GO HERE, not before]

It's part of the rules too

TOGEKISS-
adamant
Hustle
life orb or choice band

Hustle Toge isnt that good to be honest, especially the 80% accuracy on all moves, which will miss on occasion costing you matches and gives free set ups to your opponent

The Moveset isnt very well thought out either, Sky Attack is a waste, anyone can bring in their wall as youre charging up, and easily absorb the hit, even more useless if youre Choiced. Extreme Speed/ Focus Punch/ Aerial Ace/ Flamethrower is better set

Toge always wants Max HP, otherwise its easily taken down

SWAMPERT
gentle
torrent
LEFTOVERs

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
240 HP, 216 Def, 52 S.Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump

Can 2HKO Skarmory and Weezing, and makes a pretty good physical tank too, thus the nature. In-Game battlers =/= Real Competitive battlers, just because it worked in the Battle Frontier doesnt mean it'll work on WiFi

GYARADOS
Jolly
Intimidate
-LUM
252spd/252att/4

Adamant > Jolly, Otherwise you fail to OHKO Starmie after a DD. And also I forgot to explain how to use Gyara effectively before. You switch in on something thats absolutely terrified of Gyara, you DD as they Switch, and you hit them hard, thinking they can wall you. Thus the need for Adamant and Life Orb, no one runs Scarf Starmie either. Most common Starmie have Leftovers and the 2nd most have Choice Specs/ Life Orb/ or Expert Belt

ELECTIVIRE-
adamant
motor drive
LIFE ORB
252 spd / 252 att/ 4 hp

Physical Vire has far too many counters compared to Mixed Electivire,

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Mild
76 Atk, 252 S.Atk, 180 Spd
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop

This set isnt stopped by Weezing, Bronzong, Forretress, Tangrowth, Celebi and to a lesser extent by Gliscor, Salamence, Hippowdon, where as physical Vire is very easily shut down by the former mentioned pokes

HERACROSS-
lonely
guts
flame orb
252/252/4

Hera needs both STAB moves, EQ isnt needed, as STAB fighting moves and Stone Edge suffice for the coverage that EQ has. Also Leftovers > Flame Orb, Its going to be losing far too much HP on a team lacking spin support and from the ever so common Sandstorm

Azelf-
timid
levitate
choice scarf
252spd/252sp att/4 hp
energy ball for swampert
Ice beam for dragons
t bolt for gyarados

Azelf doesnt learn Ice Beam, and the fact that you dont have Psychic is beyond me. Modest Nature, and HP Fighting, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, Psychic gets incredible coverage

Infernape
Hasty
blaze
life orb or choice scarf
252speed/252 att/4 hp

Mix Ape is superior, and non- Banded/ Specs or Life Orbed Ape without a stat up move cant hit hard at all

You need walls, you focused far too much on dealing hits, and did nothing to take hits yourself, as it stands, SpecsMence can just hit Draco Meteor and automatically kills anything, Gyarados needs Stealth Rock support otherwise it loses 25% of its HP on entry, nothing here can absorb statuses, nobody here gives any kind of support to another, in other words the team doesnt work together and theres no synergy whatsoever, everybody's just doing their own thing, and trying to sweep

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
Thanks to blue ace.

Ace,
I respect your incite over everyone else on the forum.

I will definitely implement some of your suggestions.

The azelf thing was just a screw up. I meant mesprit.

I understand that teams work together to baton pass etc. But this group wins by switching in and using super effective attacks. I don't expect to win with a grand sweep. This is more of a war of attrition. Just have the last poke standing. You win.

If I make a more standard team, with all of the usual components, I will post in the conventional manner.

the Grateful Blue Raja