• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where can I find a copy of either game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosttypeartist

One step at a time!
Where can I find a copy of Black/White? I've been searching for a while but aside from what I believe are bootlegs I haven't found anything within reach. I've been wanting to play this game for a few years now, but I haven't found a copy that isn't presumably a bootleg. If this isn't the right place for this thread, then I'm sorry.

TwilightBlade

eBay? Although obviously only buy from sellers who have a good reputation rating so that you minimize the odds of getting ripped off. There's also Amazon.

BCVM22

You've answered your own question. At this late date, everything you find will either be authentic but exorbitantly priced, or a bootleg. Probably not the answer you wanted, but there isn't really a reliable way to get a copy at reasonable value at this point.

Fantasian

Sorry if this sounds negative but don't bother ordering a copy of any of the old Pokemon games online. Any second hand version is bound to be either 1) fake, 2) damaged or 3) highly expensive :(

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
GameStop is the best option because being able to physically see the game makes it less likely that you'll get ripped off. I don't know if they allow customers to try the games before they buy them but I guess you could ask. But I think that the odds of you finding these specific games at GameStop are pretty low.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
GameStop is the best option because being able to physically see the game makes it less likely that you'll get ripped off. I don't know if they allow customers to try the games before they buy them but I guess you could ask. But I think that the odds of you finding these specific games at GameStop are pretty low.

To a point. And on a side note, they do try to sell damaged copies of games. One person working at one, tried selling me a liquid damaged copy of Platinum. I told them no and asked to see the copy below it. I could see the stain directly on the label of the game that they tried to sell me.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
If your local GameStop or its equivalent doesn't have a copy, they have the ability to do a search for any neighboring locations that might. They usually don't do this unless you are physically in the store, not over the phone, based on my experience.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
If you're willing to play the game in Japanese, the Japanese versions of all the Gen V games are still being sold second hand for $25 - $30.

...Otherwise, you'll just have to trawl eBay until you find someone who isn't asking for $250 per game.

Baggie_Saiyan

The Pokemon game prices are ridiculous. With 3DS eshop closing I fear same will happen to them especially low selling games like ORAS/USUM

But back in 2014 my local store discounted all Gen 5 games to £14 (new & sealed). In hindsight I should have picked up more aha

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It’s technically illegal but you can emulate them for free

Sorry, but talk about emulators and roms isn't allowed here on the forums.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.