• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

where did all these Rumors of new types come from?????????

should GF add a new type???

• yes...

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No...

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • HELL YES!!!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • HELL NO!!!

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
How did these new pokemon type rumors come about??????????

Fairy???---------where did that come from

light???

Sound???

Cosmo???

Viris????

Ancient???

anyone know?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

light???

Sound???

Cosmo???

Viris????

Ancient???

anyone know?

Wishes of the fandom, who think that they know how to fix something that isn't broken.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Wishes of the fandom, who think that they know how to fix something that isn't broken.

Pokemon is actually pretty unbalanced (broken) when you think about it. Why do you think Smogon bans so many Pokemon and moves from competitive battling in each Gen?

Anyway, to answer the top question. It's simple. This is happening because Gen 6 was announced. When Gen 7 is announced, the same thing will happen, and it will happen again with Gen 8.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Pokemon is actually pretty unbalanced (broken) when you think about it. Why do you think Smogon bans so many Pokemon and moves from competitive battling in each Gen?

Anyway, to answer the top question. It's simple. This is happening because Gen 6 was announced. When Gen 7 is announced, the same thing will happen, and it will happen again with Gen 8.

well it is a lil unbalenced cuz insted of Psychic being over powerd its the Dragon type which is over powerd...with only 2 weaknesses

Bariokie

rock dog
well it is a lil unbalenced cuz insted of Psychic being over powerd its the Dragon type which is over powerd...with only 2 weaknesses

Water also only has 2 weaknesses And also flying?

I didn't knew they were overpowered... xD

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer

Ditto B1tch

light???

Sound???

Cosmo???

Viris????

Ancient???

anyone know?

Answering the question of your thread, below is how I think where the the speculation of these types came from. And above all, as blaze boy said, they're wishes of fans.

Fairy - Fairy is speculated probably when they designed Celebi. Celebi is arguably a fairy, but the nearer element to type her in that generation besides Grass was Psychic. Maybe they'll switch her to Grass/Fairy type or not. Along Celebi we have very few Pokemons that are related to fairies, the only are in Clefairy's line. Although the Fairy egg group is large, most of the Pokemons in there doesn’t have the apperance based on fairies, as Pikachu and Granbull, for example.

Light - The speculation on light came out since generation II when they created the dark type. Light is opposed to dark. Fans expect the light type since dark came out, however, due the real meaning of dark in Japan, light type isn't likely to be created. Also, if there were a nice moment to introduce the light type, that was Gen because we got the black and the white dragon.

Sound - The idea of a sound type is presumably supported since Generation III with the design of Loudred's line which got all the moves based on sound. Also, on generation IV we got Chatot which is strongly related to sound moves. We have already an ability that is grants to the user immunity to sound-based moves, why now make them sound type and make the ability grants immunity to sound type moves?

Cosmo - The cosmo/alien/comics or type is speculated since Generation III when non-Earth native Pokemons were designed, like Jirachi, Deoxys and Metagross' line. I see also Mew as a Pokemon from the outer space due its alien-apperance.

Virus - I never read the speculation about this type, so I cannot suppose where the rumor is from.

Ancient - The same is virus.

Answering the question of your thread, below is how I think where the the speculation of these types came from. And above all, as blaze boy said, they're wishes of fans.

Fairy - Fairy is speculated probably when they designed Celebi. Celebi is arguably a fairy, but the nearer element to type her in that generation besides Grass was Psychic. Maybe they'll switch her to Grass/Fairy type or not. Along Celebi we have very few Pokemons that are related to fairies, the only are in Clefairy's line. Although the Fairy egg group is large, most of the Pokemons in there doesn’t have the apperance based on fairies, as Pikachu and Granbull, for example.

Light - The speculation on light came out since generation II when they created the dark type. Light is opposed to dark. Fans expect the light type since dark came out, however, due the real meaning of dark in Japan, light type isn't likely to be created. Also, if there were a nice moment to introduce the light type, that was Gen because we got the black and the white dragon.

Sound - The idea of a sound type is presumably supported since Generation III with the design of Loudred's line which got all the moves based on sound. Also, on generation IV we got Chatot which is strongly related to sound moves. We have already an ability that is grants to the user immunity to sound-based moves, why now make them sound type and make the ability grants immunity to sound type moves?

Cosmo - The cosmo/alien/comics or type is speculated since Generation III when non-Earth native Pokemons were designed, like Jirachi, Deoxys and Metagross' line. I see also Mew as a Pokemon from the outer space due its alien-apperance.

Virus - I never read the speculation about this type, so I cannot suppose where the rumor is from.

Ancient - The same is virus.

Well, this thread is done. Lol.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
...yeah, Mystical Jackal pretty much said all there is to be said. That and a thread to just ask where rumours come from is a bit barebones - it comes from various sources but in the end just from the fandom itself.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.