• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where did humans in pokemon come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Posting hypotheses about Arceus is what this thread is seemingly about now, and before that it was hypotheses about humans, it's speculation. There is literally no problem here that needs to be solved. I'm pretty sure Evolution is sorta confirmed in Pokemon anyway, judging on the amalgamation of facts to do with Mew and the fossil Pokemon that we've got.

People like to use the word 'speculation' when they don't like a given topic. Any topic here could be considered speculation by that logic, even single questions. If you don't like it, don't post in it. This topic's not hurting anybody. It's just theories.

I think it's time for people on this site to lighten up a bit.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Who knows...Arceus is god right? He probably created humans along side pokemon. Makes sense to me...i
try not to think about it too much though, it IS a video game world after all.

No, he isn't God. That's just a myth (actually, it's a horrendous misinterpretation of a myth; Arceus was only ever said to have created the universe, which doesn't necessarily make him a god, much less the equivalent to the Judeo-Christian God), and such a thing was never suggested at any point in any of the games. In fact, it was never even stated that he created all Pokémon. All he created were the Spacetime and Lake trios.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
No, he isn't God. That's just a myth (actually, it's a horrendous misinterpretation of a myth; Arceus was only ever said to have created the universe, which doesn't necessarily make him a god, much less the equivalent to the Judeo-Christian God), and such a thing was never suggested at any point in any of the games. In fact, it was never even stated that he created all Pokémon. All he created were the Spacetime and Lake trios.

I see what you mean, but considering that Arceus is said to have created the universe in the Pokemon world i'm going to classify him as a god.
Like I said, i try not to get into complications about a video game world, it's kinda pointless to be honest.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I see what you mean, but considering that Arceus is said to have created the universe in the Pokemon world i'm going to classify him as a god.
Like I said, i try not to get into complications about a video game world, it's kinda pointless to be honest.

And that's exactly what causes such misconceptions; people ignore or pay no attention to the details that are obviously there for a reason. Like reading only the first and last page of each chapter in a book.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
And that's exactly what causes such misconceptions; people ignore or pay no attention to the details that are obviously there for a reason. Like reading only the first and last page of each chapter in a book.

And what exactly am I not paying attention to or "ignoring the details" of? What I'm going by is what it says in the Pokedex's of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Most of the descriptions about Arceus was that it
either shaped the world or shaped the universe after being born from an egg in a void of nothing. To me that classifies it as being a god, i know it's a myth it's just what I want to go by... that's all there is to it, that's all i'm saying. So what's the problem?

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
And what exactly am I not paying attention to or "ignoring the details" of? What I'm going by is what it says in the Pokedex's of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Most of the descriptions about Arceus was that it
either shaped the world or shaped the universe after being born from an egg in a void of nothing. To me that classifies it as being a god, i know it's a myth it's just what I want to go by... that's all there is to it, that's all i'm saying. So what's the problem?

Nobody really has to say it couldn't have. Remember that the nuclear war could just as easily have happened while Arceus was off the planet, or in another plane of existence doing something else. If that's the case, then Arceus could've still created the universe, millions of years before the nuclear war changed the regular animals into Pokemon. He just wasn't there when that particular event happened.

It also explains why places like South America are mentioned in the games. They're mentioned, because they did, and still do, exist.

Remember that while the nuclear war theory frequently gets shot down, it does provide the most plausible explanation for everything you see in the Pokemon world. It makes more sense than the conflicting legends that often contradict one another.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

The Pokédex entries do not state that it is a god. In fact, the actual events in the games suggest the opposite. Cyrus assumed that Giratina was a literal embodiment of the Distortion World and that, if Giratina were captured or defeated, the Distortion World would collapse along with it. He was proven wrong, while Cynthia recognized that Giratina was not what Cyrus believed it to be. Furthermore, Cynthia goes on to state that in the past, people must have really believed Dialga and Palkia to be true, absolute rulers of space and time, which she says as if it isn't true. As a researcher of myths, she would be quite credible in such matters, just like historians in real life who can trace how a certain culture's beliefs about an animal or a phenomenon came to be deified despite the animal or phenomenon in question not really being a god or the work of one.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
The Pokédex entries do not state that it is a god. In fact, the actual events in the games suggest the opposite. Cyrus assumed that Giratina was a literal embodiment of the Distortion World and that, if Giratina were captured or defeated, the Distortion World would collapse along with it. He was proven wrong, while Cynthia recognized that Giratina was not what Cyrus believed it to be. Furthermore, Cynthia goes on to state that in the past, people must have really believed Dialga and Palkia to be true, absolute rulers of space and time, which she says as if it isn't true. As a researcher of myths, she would be quite credible in such matters, just like historians in real life who can trace how a certain culture's beliefs about an animal or a phenomenon came to be deified despite the animal or phenomenon in question not really being a god or the work of one.

OK, thank you for explaining it to me and I apologize if I came off a bit hostile. I guess I just enjoy thinking of these legendary pokemon such as Arceus like gods. It makes them appear more
powerful and mysterious in my eyes plus the mythology behind them I find very cool.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I think Humans are around from the 1st generations like the same as non pokemon animals where around... if anything pokemon are the anomaly however as the generations went on they ended up just phasing out regular animals... however kept humans as they had a role in the story.

another theory is that humans are pokemon that just forgot how to fight like pokemon.

DylanAqua

Master of the Mews
I think humans and pokemon were once one being but split apart and that is why the bond of coming back together with pokemon is so vital and the main focus throughout.

Regality

Digital King
...just made me think of the war that is shown in the Lucario movie (I think) where people are fighting each other and making pokemon fight each other too.

Zix Serro

I just wrote up a sort-of history of the pokemon world, and in mine, a small group of pokemon in what is now the Sinnoh region were seen as special by the Lake Trio, so they gave them more advanced Knowledge, Willpower, and Emotion at the cost of the powers that made them pokemon, and thus the first humans (or at least an ancestor of humanity) were born. Not official or anything, just an idea I had, since that place seems to be the origin of everything according to the in-game canon and whatnot.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Sohryu

Be a Man!
No it isn't.

Then, the humans in the animé, does come from a Primeape? I mean... We came from a monkey. Nothing more naturally than humans, in the pokemon world, to come from a Primeape.

Well really, the same questions that happens in this world, applies to the pokemon world and the same affirmations (or facts) are included. Arceus created the world; and humans digivolved from Primeapes, and Mankeys are digivolved amoebas that'll later will evolve on Primeape and so on.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Then, the humans in the animé, does come from a Primeape? I mean... We came from a monkey. Nothing more naturally than humans, in the pokemon world, to come from a Primeape.

And Primeape is descended from Mew, which would be the more logical conclusion. Of course, this is assuming that humans even evolved on the Pokémon world specifically and didn't just come from another one entirely, or that humans and Pokémon even share a common ancestor.

Well really, the same questions that happens in this world, applies to the pokemon world and the same affirmations (or facts) are included. Arceus created the world; and humans digivolved from Primeapes, and Mankeys are digivolved amoebas that'll later will evolve on Primeape and so on.
Arceus is said to have created the world. It was never proven to have actually done so.

As for the rest of your statement, I think you mean "evolved," not "digivolved." And no, Mankey would not be "digivolved amoebas" or some such nonsense. They are Pokémon, and we know that all Pokémon have the ability to undergo a metamorphic process (erroneously) known as "evolution." Real evolution is different from what a Mankey turning into a Primeape is.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Endolise said:
And Primeape is descended from Mew, which would be the more logical conclusion. Of course, this is assuming that humans even evolved on the Pokémon world specifically and didn't just come from another one entirely, or that humans and Pokémon even share a common ancestor.

Indeed. I have the same thoughts. Mew can also transform in humans, right? But how could Mew "gave life"? Perhaps, everyone have come from a Ditto? Ditto can be a "DNA cell" produced by Mew that later evolved on what we know.

Endolise said:
Arceus is said to have created the world. It was never proven to have actually done so.
As for the rest of your statement, I think you mean "evolved," not "digivolved."
This was just some sort of a joke. And yes: Arceus is some sort of belief. There's no proof that Arceus created the Pokemon World or gave birth to life; such as there's no proof that God created us and all that we know.

And no, Mankey would not be "digivolved amoebas" or some such nonsense.

You know what i meant. Two genes altogether create a totally new live being. Otherwise, we wouldn't exist. So it's not "nonsense" to imagine that Mankeys came'd from a 'bacteria' and so, they later evolved on what we are. Sure, "amoeba" is a horrid word that I used, 'cause i keep forgetting the damn "bacterias"... My bad.

They are Pokémon, and we know that all Pokémon have the ability to undergo a metamorphic process (erroneously) known as "evolution." Real evolution is different from what a Mankey turning into a Primeape is.

Explain to me what you classify as "life evolution"? A Mankey turning into a Primeape is nothing more than I becoming an "adult". At least I see like that. They don't clarified that too, as well. Is that what you meant, though?

Acdog

It seems a lot of people in this thread are making the point that Arceus is said to have created the world, along with Dialga said to control time and Palkia said to control space. My question is, haven't these legends about legandaries always been accepted as true before? Let's see:

-Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon. Shown by being able to transform into any Pokemon.
-Groudon and Kyogre having a gigantic fight in the past. Shown by it happening again in Emerald.

So, just as we always have, assuming that the legends are true in the Pokemon games, Arceus did shape the universe. The legend is that it emerged as an egg in a void of nothingness. If Arceus created the universe of Pokemon, wouldn't that make it the god of said universe? Then, the question remains...how is it possible for Arceus to have Mew's ancestral DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.