• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where did Humans in The Pokeworld Come From?

I think this really explains the way of what the poke-world is.

It would be awesome if that was real. Then Pokemon would be remembered as deeply psychological and gripping instead of a kids' TV show.

Assuming the Pokémon evolution goes very fast, I'd say the humans just slowly evolved from monkeys like in reality.
Most of the slowly evolving creatures went extinct. The fast evolving ones were more successfull. One of the survivors were early humans.

Pokeman!!

Maybe also it can be the evolution of like you know how real humans evolved from fish? same in pokemon

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
New theory:
Arceus saw how lonely many of his creations were, so he created man. His plan backfired when he saw the weapons of mass destruction they had created, so he created a more stupid version of man called Bush and a female counterpart of it called Palin. This plan was to prevent the dominant species from getting too smart and abusing Pokemon and creating nukes. The Palin part of the plan backfired, but Arceus didn't want to have to destroy one of his creations.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
New theory:
Arceus saw how lonely many of his creations were, so he created man. His plan backfired when he saw the weapons of mass destruction they had created, so he created a more stupid version of man called Bush and a female counterpart of it called Palin. This plan was to prevent the dominant species from getting too smart and abusing Pokemon and creating nukes. The Palin part of the plan backfired, but Arceus didn't want to have to destroy one of his creations.

gastrodon101

OMFG!!!!!
The TrUth...

first there was nothing. Then the nothing exploded and the exploded nothing began to fuse with itsself and make something. Somewhere afterwards cells began forming and the began fighting eachother for Exp. Once they grew to the right level they began evolving and became Arceus and mew. Arceus and mew made pokemon. Millions of years later there was a loud POP!!! and then people were there. The people got smarter and captured pokemon for their own uses.
Then they made machines and there you go the pokemon world.

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
Arceus seems to be a popular answer. I have never stopped to wonder where people come from but I guess it doesn't matter since the whole thing is about pokemon after all.

However, I would love to hear the explanation behind the lack or diversity amongst race, regardless of the numerous islands/regions visited.
Then again, seeing Jynx, maybe I should just be thankful that they avoid the whole subject all together. It is a fantasy show after all.

I think I will go with the "Arceus faeces theory". Just for lolz.

Last edited:

LegendaryRotom

There is a 'legend' in a book titled "Sinnoh Folk Stories" in the Canalave library
which states:
"There once were pokemon that became very close to humans.There once were
humans and pokemon that ate together at the same table.It was a time when there existed no difference to distinguish the two."

According to this,there was a time when both pokemon and humans (in the pokeworld)
shared like features and similar lifestyles.This,of course,would lean to the argument that
humans in the pokemon world evolved from a common ancestor shared by both themselves and the pokemon.
(Considering that it appears as if pokemon ARE the animal species in their world)
And,even on our earth,there are some animals with quite a resemblance to mankind,
as of which there are many pokemon who share traits with humans.

It is all derived from a 'legend',though.Then again,what is the logic of
the pokemon world besides,
"Arceus created two being which created three beings which created..."
and so on. It is just a game,after all.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
Well, since it's called the "World of Pokemon" and the landscapes are completely different from Earth, I'm thinking it's a different planet. Possibly, the humans arrived a LONG time ago, and never changed.

Wow, saying that, I feel like I talking professionally. (Don't get me wrong; I'm the opposite of that.)

Mela

pasbl. newbie
I'm guessing we came the same way Pokemon did o_O
Not that hard ...

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Humans came into existance however you believe they did in the real world. I believe it was God, others believe evolution. I don't see Arceus as a god, especially when you can capture him. He's more of like the first pokemon and most powerful pokemon, creating his parts (Dialga/Palkia) and then using Mew as a template for the rest of the pokemon species.

randomspot555

Well, since it's called the "World of Pokemon" and the landscapes are completely different from Earth, I'm thinking it's a different planet. Possibly, the humans arrived a LONG time ago, and never changed.

But it isn't. Mew is referenced as being spotted in South America, China is referenced multiple times (Arcanine and Parasect's Dex entries, and someone in the Sinnoh Battle Tower), and many more. Outside of references, Lt. Surge is an American soldier who fought in "the war".*

*At the time of R/B/Y release, this would probably correspond to Vietnam. But since Pokemon is timeless, it can pretty much be used as whatever modern war has happened since then.

There are also more implied scenarios, where the area in question is based off of the real world equivalent. Besides the obvious one being that each part of the Pokemon world is similar to Japan, we have an anime episode that shows Meowth growing up in what is heavily implied to be Hollywood, and both Porta Vista and Goldenrod City seem to be based off of Acapulco, Mexico.