• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

where did the idea of pokemon come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ojkoj

I believe the idea could have come from rock paper siscors. because certain types are good against some kinds but bad against others. its like a more complicated rock paper siscors.;175;

PDL

disenchanted
it's alot more complicated then that... alot more...

indeed, the idea of type effectiveness is derived from Rock-Paper-Siscsors, but not pokemon itself...

Satoshi Tarji actually came up with the idea from collecting small bugs as a child. There's also influences of the non-lethal sport of cricket fighting and Gajin monsters like Godzilla that smash bluidings and terrorize cities.

O

Ojkoj

oh i see. yeah i thot maybe it was like people just building on to rock paper siscors, just a possiblity. thanks for clearing that up.

Where did the whole story of cricket fighting come from? As far as I've heard, neither Nintendo nor Satoshi has explictly stated that pokemon is inspired by this, so it's makes me wonder if it was only something pokefans came up with to get pokehaters to back off. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but it seems kinda low that we fans have to lie about that kinda thing :(

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
EvilKeckleon said:
Satoshi Tarji actually came up with the idea from collecting small bugs as a child. There's also influences of the non-lethal sport of cricket fighting and Gajin monsters like Godzilla that smash bluidings and terrorize cities.

He also collected small crabs from pools and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.