• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where do Pokemon go when their Trainers die?

Supergamer229

i guess each person wud hav 2 decide wat they want 2 happen 2 ther ppokemon bu tperhap the pokemon wud die first cuz most animals and stuff dont live as long as humans

aquasuicune

The family of the trainer could take care of the pokemon. An alternative is that they could perpetually stay in their pokeballs or in the box. You'd better hope they're unconscious though.

abgar

Fufufufu
so the, just think if the trainer died in the titanic, do you thing the family will get there just to obtain the pokemon? nahh the pokemon will stay there forever.

there is also the people with no family.

not all the pokemon gets to live with other person right away (think of the giant alakazam and gengar)

the pokemon is the PC are more likely to be released by the host when the dead notice reach land

Last edited:
I'd say that the Pokemon are freed and they could do whatever they want. Some that were really close (as in an Ash/Pikachu bond) might mourn for their life or guard their trainer's grave. Others might choose to stay with family members, or go back to the wild. The Pokemon that were in the storage centre probably would never know about their trainer's death and just stay in storage for life.

Alchemy Blade

Back from Summer
Pokemon are nothing but machines to fulfill the purpose of arousement in violent battles and as such will be killed when the trainer dies. Their pokeballs are all designed with self destruct mechanisms that would kill all those worthless machines within 3 seconds after the trainer dies. After that the last pokemon center they visited will explode and everyone inside(damn npc's) will be killed. Then the fire fighters will come but the brain chips inserted inside their heads will make them lose all sense and consciousness. They will start beating down and bashing the commoners. If the commoners survive with the carnage they have seen with their eyes they will be shot by the coordinators who created this world. Soon after mutant viruses transfer from the brain chips into the maniacs, making humans inhuman and much like zombies, feeding off the organs of others. This is when the coordinators take extreme measures and from space nuke the planet to end the blood and agony.

And this is why nobody has died in the anime yet. And why it's dubbed.

MaplePhanpy

Anywayz...
Trainers are like Pokemon. They can't die, they can only faint.

LOL, so funny, to my sig! =D

OnTopic: well, if they are in the pokeball, they just stay there, if they are out, if they are good pokemon, they will tsay with the trainer's body, they aren't really able to understand death, meby they will drag him to a pokemon center o_O

If they are in their pokeball they would die from hunger or suicide or if they are lucky something would open the pokeball.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
The Pokemon would probably be given to other people IE: family or like close friends.

crobatman

They go to the funeral, duh!

nubinator

Banned
If they were trapped in the pokeball. Death via hunger or suicide.

If not then they'd probably be set free or given to close friends, family etc.

Hearing this question, I just had to daydream about it. X3 So my current pokemon team gave me their answers:

Nova (Luxray): Look for a pack of his kind and join them, and try to become the leader if possible.

Tennie (Quagsire): Go and live in the sea. She says the marsh was too crowded for her.

Hawkeye (Staraptor): Go find a girl Staravia and make lots of starlies. 8)

Auron (Lucario): Go live with my mom. Sort of like the Mimey-Delia relationship.

Bonsai (Torterra): Passed on to a trainer I choose to keep him. He said he does';t think he could survive in the wild.

Azelf (haven't found a nickname yet D: ): Go back with its "friends". (the other pixies)

So apparently the answer depends on the pokemon. Each of my pokemon have a different personality, and each gave a different answer.

Biechae

they probably just return to the wild.

WaterMaster315

Have you any knowledge of a trainer officially dying?

In one of the orange league episodes, a ghastly and haunter stayed on their masters ship gaurding his orange league trophy after he passed away

And ps, pokemon can go in and out of their pokeballs at will, when they are loyal to trainers they choose to stay in

phyzexxx

Greatest Caution
It would choose between becoming wild again or maybe it would become a pokemon for the dead´s son

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
If i lived in the pokémon dimension/world and died...
I should want that my pokémons lived together in peace/harmony
and after there dead:)Pokémons are not immortal and every lifeform has a lifetime) to look for me in heaven.

But if i have (grand)children... i should give them my pokémon after my dead to keep my title as Pokémon hero in glory and give the pokémons a new friend...