• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where do YOU go EV training in Emerald (for all stats)

knuclear200x

THere was a thread of this once but now i can find the dang thing.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
here are my favourite pokemon for EV training in emerald. i have pokerus so it makes things faster
hp: marill(2 hp), surf on route 117 ponds
attack: poochyena(1 atk), mightyena(2 atk), route between lilycove and safari zone
def: silcoon(2 def), cascoon(2 def), petalburg forest
sp atk: spinda(1 sp atk), the volcanic ash covered route east of fallabour town
sp def: tentacool(1 sp atk) tentacruel(2 sp def), surf at any sea
speed: electrike(1 speed) manectric(2 speed) zigzagoon(1 speed) linoone(2 speed) wingull(1 speed), route 118 surf east of mauville

wichu

I use Rusturf Tunnel (Whismur 1 HP), Mt. Pyre Inside (Shuppet 1 Atk), Magma Hideout (Geodude 1 Def, Graveler 2 Def, Torkoal 2 Def), Route 114? (Spinda 1 Sp. Atk, Slugma 1 Sp. Atk), Abandoned Ship (Tentacool 1 Sp. Def, Tentacruel 2 Sp. Def), and Altering Cave (Zubat 1 Speed).

And the only place you can find Tentacruel is inside the Abandoned Ship, BTW.

Pokemanyak

Little VoltTackler
HP: Rustruf Tunnel(Whismur)
Attack: Mt. Pyre(Shuppet)
Defence:Team Magma Base(Geodude, Graveler, Tarkoal)
Spc. Attack:Route 113(Spinda, Slugma), Route 111(Numel)
Spc. Defence: Tentacool(Surf everywhere)
Speed: Altering Cave(Zubat)

Why are so many people training for HP in Rusturf Tunnel? The water area right from Fortree has plenty of Marills (2 EVs), the only other Pokémon there is Goldeen and I think the chance of encountering it is 2 %.

HP: Marill (2 EVs), water area east from Fortree

Atk: Shuppet (1 EV), Mt. Pyre (inside)

Def: Geodude (1 EV), Graveler (2 EV), Torkoal (2 EV), Team Magma Base

SpAtk: Spinda (1 EV), Slugma (1 EV), grass covered in ash east from Fallarbor

SpDef: Tentacool (1 EV), south from Slateport

Spd: Zubat (1 EV), Altering Cave, north, then west from Slateport OR Wingull (1 EV), Electrike (1 EV), Zigzagoon (1 EV), Linoone (2 EV), Manectric (2 EV)

Theneedleman

crazyengage
My Secret Base.

Definitely the easiest and least time consuming method IMHO. I just switch out the Pokemon when I need a different Ev to be trained it. Plus all my Pokemon only have one non-attacking move that I use for my Secret Base. Therefore there is no harm for my Pokemon that I want to be EV trained.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
My Secret Base.

Definitely the easiest and least time consuming method IMHO. I just switch out the Pokemon when I need a different Ev to be trained it. Plus all my Pokemon only have one non-attacking move that I use for my Secret Base. Therefore there is no harm for my Pokemon that I want to be EV trained.

i do train in secret bases too. i have a secret base with a team full of dustoxes for sp def but the major flaw is that you can only battle once a day.

#BOOSTER

Hired Trainer
EV training chart?

hey guys! i was wondering if there was a EV training chart floating around anywhere? i've already seen the clac. (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml) but it's not much help. im looking for somthing like...
(what to fight) (how many points) (and possibly where to find)
Attk........ \
Spattk..... \
def.......... \
spDef....... \
hp........... \

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
hey guys! i was wondering if there was a EV training chart floating around anywhere? i've already seen the clac. (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml) but it's not much help. im looking for somthing like...
(what to fight) (how many points) (and possibly where to find)
Attk........ \
Spattk..... \
def.......... \
spDef....... \
hp........... \

The Pokedex on the main site has listings of which Pokemon give EVs for each stat.

Anyway, when I EV train in Emerald, I use:
HP: Marill in the lake next to the Winstrate's house.
Attack: Carvanha and Sharpedo, Route 118
Defense: Geodude, Graveler, Torkoal, in the Magma Hideout
Sp. Attack: Spinda, Route 113
Sp. Defense: Tentacool, surfing
Speed: Zubat, Altering Cave

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I have bases for Attack and Special Attack, and I use Altering Cave for Speed. I don't really EV in Defense or Special Defense, but whenever I need to the ocean's good for Tentacool and Petalburg Woods has Cascoon and Silcoon (as well as Wurmple's HP EVs).

Kalosian

So long
I use the following for EV-training in Emerald.

HP: Whismur (Rusturf Tunnel)
Attack: Shuppet (Mt.Pyre interior, first floor)
Defense: Geodude / Graveler / Torkoal (Magma Hideout)
Special Attack: Spinda / Slugma (Route 113)
Special Defense: Can't remember exactly but probably Tentacool (basically anywhere in the sea)
Speed: Zubat (Altering Cave)