• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where do you prefer to live?

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Where I live now. Long Island is the best of both worlds, and right near NYC.

I like the area I'm in right now. Michigan, so it's never extremely hot/cold all year round, and we live in a mostly forest area, so it's nice and quiet.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I live in an historic part of Vila Nova de Gaia theres some little Castles and some ruins of old castles also and i live at like 40 minutes walking, 5 minutes by car from the Beach and at 30 seconds from the river, its a small place everybody knows you and you know everyone also(omg i live in Cheers bar), so yeah its a cool place and i wouldnt trade it for anything except maybe to pursue my dream that is to go to Japan to work as a programmer when i finish my studies so if i go there one day i hope to find a similar place to live if possible.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I prefer the city, but I'm currently at school in a rural area and it has it's benefits. It's really gorgeous, there's lots of skiing, and the crime rate is virtually 0 due to the fact not many people live here

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Cities 4 lyfe.

No, really. There's actually things to do in a city, as opposed to the countryside & suburbia. The sheer density of people helps make sure that you never feel too strage or out of place - pick a race, religion, hobby, sense of style, whatever; it's quite likely that a LOT of other people will be like you. It's hard to get bored even if you don't want to check out the local cultural attractions, because you can just walk outside and see so much just by people-watching. Lively cities aren't just barren hunks of concrete, either; city parks and waterways give you a touch of nature without having to drive(or take a bus/train, since cities actually have public transport!) 30 minutes to the countryside.

Although I wouldn't mind a proper small town, but there aren't many of those left in America nowadays because people just have to have that 2.5 miles of lawn they never use(but is sure as hell watered every day, even if the local climate means wasting a LOT of water on grass), a workplace an hour away from their house, and four or five big box stores in place of a variety of small local stores.

(no I haven't read up on the problems of modern American suburbia too much why do you ask. Of course, America's cities are dying because everyone who can afford it(and several people who can't, but got mortgages approved anyway) has been fleeing to suburban McMansions. Basically what I'm trying to say is that America fails at city/town planning.)

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I revel in suburbia.

ironknight42

the country side, i don't mean living in the middle of no where but I can't stand cities they are crowded

milenadrg

I can't decide. Sometimes I want to live in a big and modern city, but sometimes I want to live somewhere in a nature...