• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where do you rank OR/AS as a main series Pokemon game?

Where do you rank ORAS compared to the rest of main series?

• I think ORAS is the best main series Pokemon game sofar. Number one.

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • It is the second best Pokemon game sofar. Runner up.

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • It's not the best, but it is one of the best. Top 3

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • It is somwhere in the middle.

Votes: 55 36.9%
  • It is one of the weakest games sofar.

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I didn't mind ORAS too much compared to the other games, but definitely found that I preferred the originals a lot more (which is why I'm currently playing Ruby and not Omega Ruby). I don't know, there's something about Mega Evolution and the new updates that just feels off to me in Hoenn, I didn't mind that so much in XY because they were new, but ORAS was based off of older games which I'd played and it felt weird. Maybe I would have felt the same way if I'd played Gold/Silver/Crystal before playing HeartGold/SoulSilver, but I didn't enjoy ORAS as much. My friend loved it, but he never played the originals and even the people I know who did preferred this to them. So who knows?

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I like alola and hoenn about the same. I feel they both offer different things and have their own pros and cons.

I like both as well. But I feel that Alola has the perfect visuals and atmosphere, but lacks the "substance" that Hoenn has. Just my opinion, anyway.

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I like both as well. But I feel that Alola has the oerfect visuals and atmosphere, but lacks the "substance" that Hoenn has. Just my opinion, anyway.

I can definitely see that. Even though I prefer Sun and Moon's story, there were times where the Alola region seemed to focus so much on "fanservice" (especially in relation to Kanto) that it lost its own personal flair. Hoenn never really had that problem because Pokemon wasn't super hyped at the time (they were trying to rebuild a hype train that had kind of gone off the rails), so they put a lot more effort into making the region unique.

Simply, I prefer Alola's story but Hoenn as a region

Espmaster

ORAS just barely missed top 3 for me, ending up in the middle.
1. Pokemon FRLG
2. Pokemon RSE
3. Pokemon B2W2
4. Pokemon ORAS
5. Pokemon SM
I'm aware that putting FRLG at the top is a very unpopular opinion, but I have my reasons.
SM and ORAS are very close together in my heart (BW as well), and I'm still debating putting SM on top.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I can definitely see that. Even though I prefer Sun and Moon's story, there were times where the Alola region seemed to focus so much on "fanservice" (especially in relation to Kanto) that it lost its own personal flair. Hoenn never really had that problem because Pokemon wasn't super hyped at the time (they were trying to rebuild a hype train that had kind of gone off the rails), so they put a lot more effort into making the region unique.

Simply, I prefer Alola's story but Hoenn as a region

I like Hoenn's story and region more.

I hope USUM improves Alola though.

(And by the way, keep voting y'all! XD)

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Wasn't a fan of ORAS really (No Battle frontier or Gym Leader rematches really?). Top 3 would be

1. HGSS
2. B2W2
3. Emerald

Last edited:

M.P.

Retired
Somewhere in the middle. I think Sun/Moon, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and their sequels rank bove it.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I hope USUM surpasses ORAS in my ranking. I am not sure if it will, though.

ORAS is fantastic for me in all aspects, except 2 flaws: the lack of BF (or PWT) and the lack of Gym Leader rematches. So USUM needs to have a battle facility like BF/PWT, and the ability to rematch all the gym leaders at will. I hope it does have said improvements.

Last edited:

gentwoer

Playing it after XY it seemed like a letdown. I dunno playing as a male character Serena/May were pretty interchangable as female rivals and it lacked Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor that made XY feel bigger with a wider group of friends. Also mega evolution felt shoved in and no clothing customization and a less impressive score.

But it did have the same poorly paced decision as XY to end the main conflict before you get your final badge making everything after seem so much less.

Like seriously Black and White's story/conflict is basically nonsense and is so much dumber than fans gives it credit for BUT AT LEAST Black and White made the intelligent decision for the big showdown with the villians to take place AFTER the elite four.

Until I play the main gen 4 games and gen 7 ORAS is probably my least favorite of the modern games

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Playing it after XY it seemed like a letdown. I dunno playing as a male character Serena/May were pretty interchangable as female rivals and it lacked Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor that made XY feel bigger with a wider group of friends. Also mega evolution felt shoved in and no clothing customization and a less impressive score.

But it did have the same poorly paced decision as XY to end the main conflict before you get your final badge making everything after seem so much less.

Like seriously Black and White's story/conflict is basically nonsense and is so much dumber than fans gives it credit for BUT AT LEAST Black and White made the intelligent decision for the big showdown with the villians to take place AFTER the elite four.

Until I play the main gen 4 games and gen 7 ORAS is probably my least favorite of the modern games

I am the exact opposite case. I like ORAS per se, but I think I especially liked it for coming right after boring XY. ORAS basically saved Gen VI for me.

Also, you must be the only person to actually like the Kalos group of friends. I almost always see them listed as a negative. That's my personal opinion as well. They never felt like friends with emotions to me. Just some random group of guys that didn't give a **** about my character.

It's a nice game, with an interesting story, and good legendaries. But HGSS is way better, and ORAS lacked the Battle Frontier, though the Maison is just decent.
New megas were good, but it's poorer than other games.

gentwoer

I am the exact opposite case. I like ORAS per se, but I think I especially liked it for coming right after boring XY. ORAS basically saved Gen VI for me.

Also, you must be the only person to actually like the Kalos group of friends. I almost always see them listed as a negative. That's my personal opinion as well. They never felt like friends with emotions to me. Just some random group of guys that didn't give a **** about my character.

I wouldn't say I like the Kalos group per say as much as I like the idea of having a larger group of friends than one or two characters made the group seem bigger.

I never felt like character writing was a such a strong point in the Pokemon games in general.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Middle of the pack sounds about right. There were some good things about the game but the lack of extra content really drags this game down. My Top 3, BTW, are Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 in that order.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
It is definitely my second favorite main series game thus far, it just falls short to Black & White 2. I really love these games and I never get bored of playing them. I always find myself going back to replay these games, tbh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't like OR/AS as much as I liked the originals. As far as core game remakes go, OR/AS are certainly my least favorites, because I didn't feel that Game Freak added anything of truth worth to the games other than better graphics and a few gimmicky features. Houen deserved to be expanded more, and I mean beyond a few Mirage Spots.

HG and SS seemed so much more fun to play thanks to the two regions in those games, but I won't bash OR and AS too much since they did introduce soaring and that was a cool addition.

Leonhart

Imagineer
HG and SS seemed so much more fun to play thanks to the two regions in those games, but I won't bash OR and AS too much since they did introduce soaring and that was a cool addition.

The Soaring feature in the Houen remakes was certainly a fun way of traversing the region, but to me it just didn't feel like a big asset, and I personally stuck to using Fly most of the time regardless. Judging from my own experience, one of the things that these remakes truly lacked was replay value.

Daizy

I call you honey
OR and AS were amazing. I don't know why so many fans complain about the lack of Emerald stuff since these games were RS remakes, not Emerald remakes.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
The Soaring feature in the Houen remakes was certainly a fun way of traversing the region, but to me it just didn't feel like a big asset, and I personally stuck to using Fly most of the time regardless. Judging from my own experience, one of the things that these remakes truly lacked was replay value.

Yeah i agree about lacking replay value and soaring not being a big asset. Honestly i like ORAS but they are probably my least favorite remakes to date

Status
Not open for further replies.