• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where does Pokémon stand as your favorite anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I actually saw the Porygon episode a few days ago, and the flashing lights weren't that big a deal to me. Were the lights way brighter in the original airing?

But you need to be sympathetic to kids who ARE vulnerable to that. To some of them who get such seizures, even minor flashes can set it off.

I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?

Like gohan says, its all about association right? Not just how the animé team are, but the Japanese as a whole. No knocking, but superstition means they cant use Porygon!

Doubtless its also why theyre using New TP instead of the old ones for the upcoming arc!

*~Silver*~

Eh, I've seen the original scene with the really harsh flashing lights a few times now and while I can understand how that caused some children harm (because heck, it hurt my eyes), I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?

We all know that doing the explosion like that wasn't a good idea, but that episode was released over a decade ago. Scientists didn't even realize that was the problem until they did some research on it after the episode had been aired and the seizure incident had already happened. It was a subject scientists had never bothered to explore before then, so how was the animation team supposed to really know? It just wasn't something they thought about.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hmm... I guess Pokemon is my favourite anime! I always watch Pokemon, like a go to kind of thing.

Its also my first anime, only of a few I watch and is really fun for me to watch but its too different from other anime I watch, other than the similarities with most anime.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Pokemon is FAR, FAR from being my favorite anime: My favorite is Hellsing: Ultimate (OVA) (<-off topic to the thread). I watch pokemon to kill time, to tell the truth. I'm mostly just catching up, starting from the beginning and working my way up. Pokemon just isn't my style, anime-wise. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either (I hope that doesn't count as "bashing").

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Pokemon is FAR, FAR from being my favorite anime: My favorite is Hellsing: Ultimate (OVA) (<-off topic to the thread). I watch pokemon to kill time, to tell the truth. I'm mostly just catching up, starting from the beginning and working my way up. Pokemon just isn't my style, anime-wise. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either (I hope that doesn't count as "bashing").

Don't worry about a thing, that was far from bashing ;)

Blazicken

Sex on fire
lol, among anime, it doesn't come anywhere near the top...
they screw the series over hard with their never-changing formula.
Character devellopment is pretty non-existant with their annoying reboots.
The story isn't rlly that interesting anymore... Only the movies have any storie-value.
It's truely a show for kids & tbh... the only reason i look at the screenshots every week is purely nostalgia & in hope to see if anything interesting is gonna happen.
granted some of the battles are nice to watch, but most of them aren't rlly on the lvl they should be.

Last edited:

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I've begun to enjoy BW's anime more than most of the others. But Pokemon is pretty low on my list. It's cute and entertaining at times (annoying at others), but it lacks substance that many other shows have (and in spades). Maybe if the show actually had a story worth investing into, I'd place it a lot higher on my hypothetical anime list.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
OS- Top.
Rest- Near Rock Bottom. Not the worst thing of all time, but definitely not amazing.

Vegeta8639

Vegeta8639
OS-top 20
Advanced-top 20
DP-top 15
BW- top 50

So yea I watch a lot of anime and the series as a whole would rank somewhere in top 30. . .

Haunter ゴースト

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) is my favorourite anime but that's a standalone series. Pokemon is the only anime now, but it's not really best compared to other things i've seen.

As a kid i used to watch Yugioh, Beyblade and Digimon, they were good.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Probably fairly high, but I don't watch much Anime.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Hmm...it's definitely not in my top 10 of my favorites, but I'll watch it if I need a cheerful anime to watch when I'm sad or I'm bored. I like it, it's just not my favorite. ^_^;

coolminun

Banned
Honestly, it is dismal. I can't stand the theme songs, the voices, and the dialogue is horrendous. I rather watch it in japanese and try to piece together what they're saying or watch the subbs rather than the dub edition. For me, it all went downhill after Hoenn. The only thing that made Sinnoh anything was Dawn andher action packed contests

sandy ketchum

Its the only one i watch from the beginning. i really dont watch other animes regularly . pokemon is the first anime i watched. may be its just nostalgia.

Vernikova

Champion
It ranks pretty much in the middle not because it's an average show but because I watched a lot of shows that were worse.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
Its the only one i watch from the beginning. i really dont watch other animes regularly . pokemon is the first anime i watched. may be its just nostalgia.

Pretty much sums it up. I watched the first ever episode which was about a year after I got the green version. Fast forward 15 years later, I'm still buying the games and watching the anime. I wanna know how it all continues. Not counting on it as a favourite anime because of the writing and stuff, but more of the universe that's been explored in the series.

I agree that the dub pretty much sucks though.

Last edited:

fitzy909

Just another guy
I watch a few animes, but mostly pokemon. I have to agree the dub can be a little rubbish, especially some of the daft 4kids mistakes. I've watched it for years and i guess it's just something i have to watch. i don't really know why i just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.