• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where does Pokémon stand as your favorite anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireemblemfan4ever

FE Veteran (sort of)
Do anime movies count? Also, just Japanese ones?

If so, then... eh~
Ghibli Studio makes much better anime. I'm not saying that Pokemon anime's bad... just that Castle in the Sky, Princess what's-her-name of the forest (that deer that looks like Xerneas :p), Spirited Away... they're better.

spartanfan17

Dragon Trainer
I can't get myself to watch Diamond and Pearl and beyond I just can't explain it the older episodes seem so much better but its most likely nostalgia that makes like the older episodes more.

In regards to other animes at the moment it is the lowest compared to Naruto One Piece, and Bleach.

Canto

Considering I've only watched 2 other anime (Completely anyways), I'd say it's my third favorite. Unless Avatar counts, then it would be fourth.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Yu-Gi-Oh!. I guess it would be fifth then.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
the OG series somewhere below dbz
the advance series somwhere between/under yugioh and digimon
the dp and bw series under a rock

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
the OG series somewhere below dbz
the advance series somwhere between/under yugioh and digimon
the dp and bw series under a rock

Where do Yugioh, Digimon and DBZ rank? I think that would help me better understand, thanks.

sandy ketchum

its not the best one out there. but as a kid i remember watching pokemon everyday. its the closest anime to my heart. eventhough it isnt good as it used to be i didnt stop watching. hopefully it will get good again sooner or later. my brother says he'd rather watch grass grow than watch pokemon bw.

The original series (pre-johto to be specific) is one of my favorites. Though, the show as a whole is under the radar. My favorites now are the two Fullmetal Alchemist animé's (the original and Brotherhood).

Though, honestly, those three animes are the only ones I ever have watched in detail. I am interested in seeing Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell, though. I have seen so little of those that I don't count them, but I would love to get them on DVD/Bluray to see them.

My favorites (I have never counted the Pokemon anime as one. I like to separate long running series by saga, so Pokemon is listed five times here) are as follows:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Pokemon (original, pre-johto)
3. Fullmetal Alchemist (2004)
4. Pokemon Advanced Generation
5. Pokemon DP
6. Pokemon Johto

I hated Best Wishes so I don't count it. Maybe I will rewatch it and change my opinion, but it's doubtful that I'll like it ever.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm surprised at alot of hate for the B/W saga. Me, personally, the D/P series nearly killed it for me. The animation, the annoying/confusing dialogue, TR was just as annoying, they were unwatchable. The Ash/Paul rivalry grated my nerves cuz Ash was always trying to be his friend one minute and beat him the next, Dawn/Piplup and the Pokemon Contests and her rivals were just....annoying. The Black/White series actually restored my faith in the anime.

The Kanto/Hoenn saga will always be my favorites. With Kanto, its just nostalgia, and the series was both funny and enjoyable to watch as a whole. Even though its old-school anime-style compared to today, I always find myself going back to my DVD Box sets to watch them over and over. Matter of fact, I'll be watching them over again seeing as how this year marks 15 years since the anime hit the US i believe.

The Hoenn Saga i actually liked. The animation was more evolved but the humor and the action and the battles were even better back then. May was a great asset to me, can't say the same for Max he was annoying at times for me.

Johto was mostly filler and a lil boring to me seeing as how they only had 100 new Pokemon around that time and they'd introduced one only once an episode then later every other episode. Most episodes contained the same Pokemon from Kanto and the series itself was really slow-paced. But funny thing I still would watch the Johto saga over the D/P saga anyday.

So right now, Pokemon stands as my favorite, mainly cuz its the only anime I watch right now

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It is the only anime I watch so I guess it is my favorite

I'm surprised at alot of hate for the B/W saga. Me, personally, the D/P series nearly killed it for me. The animation, the annoying/confusing dialogue, TR was just as annoying, they were unwatchable. The Ash/Paul rivalry grated my nerves cuz Ash was always trying to be his friend one minute and beat him the next, Dawn/Piplup and the Pokemon Contests and her rivals were just....annoying. The Black/White series actually restored my faith in the anime.

Strange, because I feel the same way on the matter.

gliscor&yanmega

As it is right now, I don't watch much Anime in general(Besides Pokemon there's Yugioh Zexal, Naruto Shippuden, and Tiger & Bunny), uninterested in most of the stuff I see. I've seen some others over the years, but for Pokemon I've always enjoyed it and anticipated every week for the next episode to come out(Which hasn't changed today). I'm not much on ranking and instead group multiple stuff with each other, as such Pokemon would probably be up at number one with a few others.

Alisa180

I've only lightly followed the anime the past few years, keeping up on what's going on, watching the movies and occasionally watching an actual episode. It's hard for me to actually watch the show as I do almost all my watching through my IPod Touch and until today there was no way for me to watch Pokemon that way. I expect that to change now with the release of the app. I would watch the episode premieres but I can't without being laughed at then kicked off the TV by my little brother.

Pokemon is no longer my favorite anime, as I have discovered far better ( Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Soul Eater) but I still enjoy it for the battles and seeing the critters I love animated.

arronishere

Random Trainer
I rate pokemon pretty low as I've always found it an average at best anime. Code Geass, Death Note, Ghost In The Shell, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Evangelion and Nadesico are the shows I can watch over and over again.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
The Pokemon Anime has been a huge part of my life since its first incarnation hear in the States. I remember coming home from school and watching the show on WB (R.I.P.). It was my first introduction to the world of Pokemon. I really thank the show for making me experiment with Pokemon that I would have never really caught or trained, if they didn't look so cool in the show. I even remember waking up on Saturday morning to watch the newest episodes. While I know the show is repetitive, it does manage to have a few gem of a an episodes throughout each season. I think each season has its ups and downs. Season 1, while having the most character development and most original story lines has some of the worst battles along with a lot of inaccuracies in types and advantages. The quality of Battles have increased immensely season after season. The lowest point of the anime for me was the Advance generation. The pacing is slow and May as a character was rather annoying at least until she found her own later in the generation. What I like about the new season is that it's fresh and they finally got rid of Brock, keep in mind Brock is like my favorite character from the series. He was just kind of there and he didn't do much. He never battled and he lost a lot of his comic relief. I love Cilan and think he is the best replacement for Brock. He's funny, battles, and has his own conflict. The thing about the BW generation is that the series found its humor again. During Advance gen the humor started waning and the only source of humor was really just Team Rocket. Overall I know the flaws of the show, but I can see some of the improvements as well. I seen every episode and totally adore the series even with its repetitive nature. My favorite aspect is watching my favorite Pokemon in practical battles. You know using your environment to your advantage. The series isn't quite the best anime (DBZ is) or the best show I've ever seen, but it is by far my favorite. I will watch this show until either I or it gives in and I hope to share it with my kids when I get some.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't even watch much anime to begin with. Other than some bad fillers, I have enjoyed most of it though.

Last edited:

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
The Pokemon anime isn't my most favourite series but it's still one of my favs.

Pokemon sinnoh tends to be my top Pokemon series favourite but I prefer some other anime over it. If you start mixing in western animation which is the type of cartoons I prefer Pokemon gets lower on my favourites list.

Last edited:
I don't watch many anime tbh, but when I was a kid (lol! Omg I still am! Forgot I'm ten) I watched the original series. I loved it, and I still watch the anime (BW Rival Destinies) but I think it has went down considerably especially voice wise. Its still good, but its not my favourite. Tokyo Mew Mew definetly takes top spot, but I'm thinking of watching more anime sometime *when I find a good one *.

Status
Not open for further replies.