1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Where is a good place to watch more anime??

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé (Hidden)' started by RainaXainne, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainaXainne

RainaXainne Balanced Trainer

The reason I am asking this is because I share Netflix with my fiance. This means, because only one disc is being paid for, I can't get any anime from netflix. Instant stream on there really really sucks. Are there sites where I pay a monthly membership to instant stream, if so what are the reliable ones?

2. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

There is Hulu and Crunchroll. Both are legal. Both are free (but have extra benefits for paid subscribers). They even play anime right after it is released from Japan.

3. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

4. RainaXainne

I checked out Neon Alley. It seems pretty awesome. Do you have much more info on it?

5. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Vegetable of Doom!

You can watch stuff legally on Crunchyroll, FUNimation (and their YouTube channel), The Anime Network, Viz Anime... there are probably more, but I can't remember them right now. I don't know which has more choice, better prices and the like in the US overall (Crunchyroll has the most new stuff by a mile, though), so I suggest you either research that yourself or wait for a response from someone who knows US anime streaming better than I do!

6. Charizard Champion#06

Besides the link I posted to the website, no. I only have just recently heard of it.

7. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

8. Charizard Champion#06

Yeah, that's definitely a turn-off for some. Too bad there's no option for dub or sub.

9. Jolteon91

I looked at a list of their anime and am shocked to find out that someone actually went to the trouble of dubbing Zetman.

10. RainaXainne

Ok I just discovered that I actually do like anime. Why the hate for the dubs???

11. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Poor acting and dumb edits in our childhoods, more emotion captured in the original audio, argue about it here, etc.

12. Jolteon91

Because subs have Ono Daisuke, dubs do not.

Plus you miss out on so many great shows if you stick to dubs.

13. Er... just do a Google search of the anime you want and you'll probably find it. Streaming anime isn't illegal, but uploading/downloading full episodes is IIRC.

14. Jolteon91

Streaming anime is illegal depending on the source of your streams.

15. Charizard Champion#06

No one here is hating on dubs, Jolteon91 does prefer to watch subs instead, and that's his choice.

I watch either depending on what I find suits the series more, voice preferences, availability etc.

16. Jolteon91

I would watch more dubs if every character was voiced by Crispin Freeman, yes, even the females.

17. Kurloz Makara

Kurloz Makara Red Death

I laughed. XD Also, your sig gif is creepy.

On topic: I really don't know any good sites, considering I'm poorer than dirt and can't afford a subscription. :(

18. Charizard Champion#06

[img139]http://baudattitude.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/fuuko_starfish.jpg[/img139]

Imagine Crispin Freeman going: "TAKE ONE! AS AN INVITATION TO MY SISTER'S WEDDING!"

What's wrong, scared of innuendo?

19. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

I can hear it in my head...good Lord! Now if it was Steve Blum on the other hand...

No, just never though bananas could taste like chicken.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  20. Charizard Champion#06

That would also be just as awesome.

I wonder if Playful Nightmare knows what you mean because I don't. Sucking on bananas makes them taste like chicken?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.