• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where is ash heading after unova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon fan 132

After Unova finish Ash will most likely as usual stop at Pallet town for half or whole episode to get new clothes and find out about new region(generation 6) leaving all pokemon behind except Pikachu starting another rinse and repeat quest.

Considering how writers aren't very keen on keeping characters chances for Iris and even Cilan stay are relatively small. And reuse of older previous companions hasn't happened ever since anime earčyx days when Brock returned to main cast after OI hiatus.

Sadly most likely option judging by past patterns is in Ash meeting another two inexperienced characters accompanying him for four years joining afterwards rest of crew of long forgotten, abandoned and unfinished ex main characters which used to be part of pokemon in its better days.

That being said i believe constant cast cycling is one of biggest mistakes pokemon is doing right now eroding foundations on which show was build destroying continuity and anime history. I don't see any point in constantly adding new companions when there exists potential in older ones to do more and be further developed, just starting all over again with someone else leaving in half of its growth anyway before he would even get chance to go through more meaningful growth.
It discourage people from investing in their favorites too when its already known from start how they will end up forever abandoned and unfinished after departure anyway, and its sad to see so many great characters we grew to like ending abandoned after they leave cast never to be seen again.
Writers should look up to other anime like One Piece, Inazuma Eleven Go or Bakugan. They could learn a lot from them and how to keep older characters relevant, when adding new ones.

In long running show like pokemon innovations and unpredictable surprises are key in keeping anime fresh and exciting, and return of older characters would ultimately make anime attracting to wider group of people.
Current approach of sweeping everything under the rug constantly erasing past in long run isn't sustainable tactic through which pokemon series can continue to last, so at some point in future producers should think of possibility to apply more conservative approach through which loyalty toward anime and certain brand could be made maintaining people interest.

Something which you can't establish with excessive cast changes.

I doubt though that they will ever re-use a female character again in a series to travel alongside Ash. They've already said that Misty won't be brought back as a main character, and I wouldn't expect them to bring another female companion back either judging from that particular statement. Though, I honestly think they should re-use some of the older characters again, possibly having each character get another season, because I think there will come a point where there are too many different characters, and it will be hard to really remember them all.

According to ex pokemon director mr.Hidaka who was storyboard artist at that time it was said how she wont return to main cast,but will continue to make cameo appearances.However such thing wasn't confirmed by writers themselves.

Going by this answer has already been provided,but sometimes writers tend to change their minds.Like they did with Brock case in OI for example.
So nothing should be viewed as "set in stone" if you ask me because if writers regain interest in past character wanting to do something significant with him, in theory initial decision can be withdrawn bringing back past companion in future providing his presence could help advance current story.

Eiother way i fully agree with your idea.
At very least writers should take in account concept of character rotation(reuse of some older characters in future).
That way we would still get new characters ,but at same time fans would be given opportunity to see their favorite characters from past in action again,being updated,refreshed and developed more taking them in new/undiscovered directions.

I think it would be interesting to see for instance May developing new style as coordinator,do steps forward toward her goal and develop new pokemon and potential rivals.
It would be also interesting to see Misty being developed with many things being left unexplored.Like expanding on her goal of water master,do more with pokemon,reveal more about past and open potentially new subplots to enrich here story and do continuation..Trying to become some powerful water trainer apprentice(like Lorelei or Wallace)with purpose of becoming E4 is one of many other available option to take her in new direction and do significant growth too.
Same with Max for example,seeing him getting first pokemon and starting out journey would be more than welcomed to see.

That's what I was thinking as well. If Kanto fans gets what they want and the final season of Pokémon is Ash, Misty and Brock going through Kanto again while Ash uses his classic team (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, etc.), that would be a huge slap in the face to the AG, DP and BW fans.

Most viewers aren't some rabid fanboys being open toward changes and whatever writers throw in front of them. As long its done in quality matter.

This may seem strange but many people who watched AG,DP or best wishes wouldn't mind if original trio gets reunited from what i noticed.Sure they would rather like their favorite groups to see light of the day but if first group writers revive most of them would be either neutral or would welcome it.
Very few would be bursting out of anger with pokemon fanbase usually being open minded once writers something introduce in show.

However even if by some miracle original trio is reunited for last adventure prior to en having things come full circle, other companions which used to travel with Ash should afterwards receive arcs wrapping up their loose ends in stories, and getting some recognition for contribution they made to this show and its growth.
Afterwards i would like one grand finale where everyone come to support Ash for most important battles of his life, giving him moral strength and support of not being alone.

Most older characters probably aren't going to get any real speaking roles ever again.

I don't see why its impossible that older companions make appearance. Examples of ancient old Johto gym leader like Jasmine randomly appearing in DP, Jessibelle who was minor Kanto character coming back after 11 years, Gary whose rivalry with Ash concluded long ago coming in Sinoh after disappearing for whole Hoenn, Butch and Cassidy randomly returning in DP etc show how long absence means nothing and how writers can always bring back character if they find his return could help advance current story or his own.
5 years ago no one expected that Giovanni will be seen ever again, and in BW he was revived(brought from dead) playing important role in story.

So if such minor characters can return, older ex main characters who are actually far more popular and significant to pokemon series than this examples were can surely return as well, only guaranteeing to bring success and benefit for pokemon.

Its always nice to see someone from past coming back leaving some impact on current story,interacting with new characters and getting updated. It also strengthens pokemon continuity and can potentially contribute to other character story. Like May did when helping Dawn about confidence issues,or when Gary helped Ash about Gligar problems.

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
Possibly where Ash considers to go to Kanto to meet all of his previous friends, that's it.

Arceusgamer14

Gen VI Region, and hopefully for me that his next gang will be inspired by the AG Cast just like how the BW cast was inspired by the OS cast!

Most viewers aren't some rabid fanboys being open toward changes and whatever writers throw in front of them. As long its done in quality matter.

This may seem strange but many people who watched AG,DP or best wishes wouldn't mind if original trio gets reunited from what i noticed.Sure they would rather like their favorite groups to see light of the day but if first group writers revive most of them would be either neutral or would welcome it.
Very few would be bursting out of anger with pokemon fanbase usually being open minded once writers something introduce in show.

However even if by some miracle original trio is reunited for last adventure prior to en having things come full circle, other companions which used to travel with Ash should afterwards receive arcs wrapping up their loose ends in stories, and getting some recognition for contribution they made to this show and its growth.
Afterwards i would like one grand finale where everyone come to support Ash for most important battles of his life, giving him moral strength and support of not being alone.

I think I just find the original Trio to be overrated. I think a lot of the reason people actually find them to be so much better than the other travel companions is because they are the most nostalgic and because the writing was so good back then that they were able to make Misty and Brock entertaining despite the fact that they really weren't doing anything in most of the Kanto episodes. They're good characters and all that but I guess I never thought to myself, "wow, the original trio is the best! I wish Iris and Cilan would leave so Misty and Brock could come back." May, Dawn, Iris, and to seem much more relevant to the show to me. I guess because they are actually handling them better and giving them defined goals as well as their own recurring rivals to challenge them.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
People say Ash should travel alone, but the group interactions are part of what makes the anime entertaining.. Without the other 2+ people, it would get boring fast..

That's true. That's wasn't my point but that is true.

I think I just find the original Trio to be overrated. I think a lot of the reason people actually find them to be so much better than the other travel companions is because they are the most nostalgic and because the writing was so good back then that they were able to make Misty and Brock entertaining despite the fact that they really weren't doing anything in most of the Kanto episodes. They're good characters and all that but I guess I never thought to myself, "wow, the original trio is the best! I wish Iris and Cilan would leave so Misty and Brock could come back." May, Dawn, Iris, and to seem much more relevant to the show to me. I guess because they are actually handling them better and giving them defined goals as well as their own recurring rivals to challenge them.

You speak so well. The thing about that happening right after just having Iris and Cilan would seem like the same thing happening over and over again. And to make one thing clear, the writing isn't really all that good right now, so I don't know if it would be better or not. Besides, Brock has been on for years and bringing him back would just be dumb in my eyes.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Probably gen 6. I would like Dawn to return but it doesn't seem likely

pokemon fan 132

Eh its all matter of taste. I suppose original trio is always viewed in high regard to many fans out there because they were groundwork on which anime was built and developed. Since they were there when everything started padding out way for new characters to come in.

Likewise while i liked other groups in pokemon ill readily admit how i find Ash, Misty and Brock still had best dynamic as characters imo. Excellent chemistry and antics between themselves brought lot of humor and memorable moments as group with interaction being natural and unforced feeling to me like genuine group of friends pursuing different dreams while developing strong bond with each other feeling like family.
Not only during Kanto but Johto as well imo with departing episode encapsulating great strong bond they build.

Excellent chemistry and antics between themselves brought lot of humor and memorable moments as group with interaction being natural and unforced feeling to me like genuine group of friends pursuing different dreams while developing strong bond with each other feeling like family.
Not only during Kanto but Johto as well imo with departing episode encapsulating great strong bond they build.

And I really believe that is in large part due to the writing. Look at TRio. The good writing in Kanto made them great characters. Then it all went downhill in AG and DP. The humor was also much better written in Kanto as well as the emotion. Writing is a huge part of it. If the writing wasn't as good as it was in Kanto, no one would remember that season as much as they do now.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Back to Kanto, as personally, I wish to have a new protagonist in Gen 6, they've dragged Ash's journey out so long.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Back to Kanto, as personally, I wish to have a new protagonist in Gen 6, they've dragged Ash's journey out so long.

True but I think Ash needs something better to close his story if they were to dump him off like that. His loss in the Unova league was pretty pathetic if you ask me.
I don't mind Ash. I really don't. But just don't make him or his rivals novices again please.

pokemon fan 132

And I really believe that is in large part due to the writing. Look at TRio. The good writing in Kanto made them great characters. Then it all went downhill in AG and DP. The humor was also much better written in Kanto as well as the emotion. Writing is a huge part of it. If the writing wasn't as good as it was in Kanto, no one would remember that season as much as they do now.

Agreed but its also value of characters and appeal they had around them why many fans want them back. Individually as character Misty was largely liked not only in Kanto, but OI, Johto or chronicles as well with fans enjoying personality and growth through she went wanting to see her again and to finish of what was started bieng left open.

Same goes for Brock, he was well liked aside from Kanto in Johto, AG, and even DP with people missing him.

Granted you could argue same for others but that's beside the point when it comes to desire of reuniting one particular group.

Way i see it another big factor why there is such notable demand for first cast reunion is also due to fact how many feel that it would make more sense to finish Ash journey with group which started whole thing bringing them back not only to possibly develop them more and revive "spirit of older days"(attracting older fans who want this) but also because it would make stronger connection to past and Ash hometown region from where his journey started with group being gathered for continuity purposes too.

for gen 6 i would like to see the original trio come back if its the final journey or ash traveling with misty,may,dawn and gen 6 girl
iand do we hav any new information on the announcement pokemon smash is suppose to make?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
In all seriousness, I'm just hoping that after this regions antics are over, Ash will actually head back to the lab and introduce the Unova team to everyone..

I know they all must've met each other during the league in Sinnoh, but some interaction afterwards would've been nice. We only saw Gible, Infernape and Torterra alongside any older Pokemon outside of battle and that was a shame. Especially since all they did was eat, or in Glalie's case, float there.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
I wonder if this is going to get locked? You know, 'cause someone might say its future game speculation somehow >.<
Anyways, I can see him heading to Pallet town then a new region as he has done before. Hopefully I'll start watching the anime then, Best Wishes was a big letdown.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
In all seriousness, I'm just hoping that after this regions antics are over, Ash will actually head back to the lab and introduce the Unova team to everyone..

I know they all must've met each other during the league in Sinnoh, but some interaction afterwards would've been nice. We only saw Gible, Infernape and Torterra alongside any older Pokemon outside of battle and that was a shame. Especially since all they did was eat, or in Glalie's case, float there.

Legit! Plus, even if he revisits older regions, I don't want him to catch anymore then 2 pokemon there, leavin room for his reserves to delevop or evolve ( bayleef, gible, corphish, maybe totodile-but no evolving for totodile)

LizardonX

Banned
Legit! Plus, even if he revisits older regions, I don't want him to catch anymore then 2 pokemon there, leavin room for his reserves to delevop or evolve ( bayleef, gible, corphish, maybe totodile-but no evolving for totodile)

2? That's a little too much isn't it? I can see him at most bringing 4 pokemon with him with 2 free slots and when he finds the new region equivalent of a mon he already has he trades in his old for the new until all he has is Pikachu+new mons. Like Johto.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash is not going any where till the series ends, than they'll have to do a Digimon or Yugioh name Pokemon: some thing some thing.
Seeing as how well known and I think he and Pikachu are still really popular even with newbie fans I don't see this.

Any ways, if we are talking after the N arc Generation 6 is the next best bet.
I will admit, if Dento gets replaced I will miss the guy, wonder what type of character they'd replace with him with? If they keep replacing sidekick boys now every generation that'd be intresting.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
2? That's a little too much isn't it? I can see him at most bringing 4 pokemon with him with 2 free slots and when he finds the new region equivalent of a mon he already has he trades in his old for the new until all he has is Pikachu+new mons. Like Johto.

How did johto do that? Do you mean like he brings a team and then whenever catches something he sends someone back to the lab?

Ver-mont

Ash is not going any where till the series ends, than they'll have to do a Digimon or Yugioh name Pokemon: some thing some thing.

Technically, they already did...

"Pokémon Advanced"
"Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl"
"Pokémon: Best Wishes"

They're even considered different series.

But I do agree with you, I don't think Ash is going anywhere (unfortunately).

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
How did johto do that? Do you mean like he brings a team and then whenever catches something he sends someone back to the lab?

Basically, Charizard and Squirtle were on the team until just before the Cyndaquil and Totodile captures.. and that's what they want to see again. The likes of Oshawott, Pignite and Snivy going with Ash to the next region, but leaving as the newer starters are added.

I'd actually like that. Could you imagine how boring Falkner's gym would've been if they hadn't kept Charizard around? They wouldn't have added in Pidgeot or Dodrio, so we'd have literally got stuck with Hoot-Hoot and Pidgey/Pidgeotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.