• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where is Eevee Going? To the End of the World for the Sake of a Meeting! (1042)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
We're basically in the final stretch of Sun and Moon and the writer are really picking this time to make some terrible choices. First they decide for Rowlette to never evolve via a terrible gag with it eating an everstone and now they give Eevee, the pokemon obviously here for advertisement of Let's Go to Lana, a character who gets barely any focus. So at this point, they've now wasted 2 advertisement pokemon on her. Had Eevee gone to Ash, not only would it have better served the advertisement role since it would be bound to get plenty of screentime, it would be able to display its Let's Go Eevee original moves. Plus, should Eevee get an evolution in Gen 8, it could have gone with Ash to the next region for that express purpose of advertising the next Eeveelution. With Lana, there's no way in Hell it's even gonna get to do much other than just exist since Lana really doesn't do much of anything important and hasn't in all of Sun and Moon. So now we not only have a wasted Pokemon, but Ash still has 2 slots in his team that don't seem to be getting filled any time soon and we're pretty late in the game. Should they fill them both, it's gonna end up being a rush job where his last 2 pokemon barely have time to get focus. Oh Sun and Moon. I expect nothing and still end up disappointed.
You realize it's entirely possible Lana gets more screentime because of Eevee, right? We already have merchandise heavily suggesting Popplio is going to evolve at some point, so she's all but guaranteed at least one more focus episode anyway.

Also, can't promote a new Eeveelution when there has been absolutely nothing suggesting there's even going to be one aside from some silly fan theory. For all we know, Gen VIII won't even have a new Eeveelution.

... Oh wait. Ash is the only character who actually matters, so he should get everything, and to hell with the classmates, right? That seems to be the attitude around here.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
You realize it's entirely possible Lana gets more screentime because of Eevee, right? We already have merchandise heavily suggesting Popplio is going to evolve at some point, so she's all but guaranteed at least one more focus episode anyway.

Also, can't promote a new Eeveelution when there has been absolutely nothing suggesting there's even going to be one aside from some silly fan theory. For all we know, Gen VIII won't even have a new Eeveelution.

... Oh wait. Ash is the only character who actually matters, so he should get everything, and to hell with the classmates, right? That seems to be the attitude around here.

No, but the timing of all this is the problem. You've got around 37 episodes left for the series, and Ash still has 4 Pokémon, hasn't done his final trials, still has to develop his rivalries with Hau and possibly Gladion, and the final preparations for the league, so to put it bluntly, Ash needs the screentime now as it's the last stretch of the series. And with Lana getting Eevee now, it almost seems as though the writers feel 'oh, the classmates need some development', which they should've received a while back, but didn't. Now, it just feels too late, and it also comes at Ash's expense so it feels like they're going nowhere with this.

Kintaro

Banned
So since this was ep 99 of SM, this is the longest record of a main girl capturing her second pokemon, previous held by Serena from the start of XY till she got Pancham around 50 eps in.

Of course now Lillie is the only main girl with no team changes at all (or evolutions) since the start of SM.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
No, but the timing of all this is the problem. You've got around 37 episodes left for the series, and Ash still has 4 Pokémon, hasn't done his final trials, still has to develop his rivalries with Hau and possibly Gladion, and the final preparations for the league, so to put it bluntly, Ash needs the screentime now as it's the last stretch of the series. And with Lana getting Eevee now, it almost seems as though the writers feel 'oh, the classmates need some development', which they should've received a while back, but didn't. Now, it just feels too late, and it also comes at Ash's expense so it feels like they're going nowhere with this.
Oh, no, I agree on the timing. Lana should have gotten a capture much earlier than this.

I just don't agree with the mindset that they should just be thrown in the background for the rest of the series just for Ash. Not every single Pokemon he owns needs some super involved/developed character arc, and besides, there's always one Pokemon that's caught late and gets shafted. This wouldn't be the first time it's happened, and it probably won't be the last unless the anime team does a series with just Ash and no companions (or, at the bare minimum, it's just Ash and the main girl).

I also don't agree with the idea that Lana catching Eevee means it won't get any more screentime when, for all we know, Lana very well might get more screentime because of Eevee and all the LGPE promotion.
So since this was ep 99 of SM, this is the longest record of a main girl capturing her second pokemon, previous held by Serena from the start of XY till she got Pancham around 50 eps in.

Of course now Lillie is the only main girl with no team changes at all (or evolutions) since the start of SM.
Technically, catching Shiron counts since she didn't begin the series with it.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, so finally the end of all this speculation of this whole Will Ash Catch Eevee?!?!?! :D:D:D

I always had a strong feeling that the ones who were strongly expecting for Ash to catch Eevee were more likely than not setting themselves up for disappointment here. I mean take a look at the history of the Pokemon anime. A main cast member getting Eevee happened twice before this, in AG (Battle Frontier) and in XY/XY(Z), where May and Serena got Eevee respectively. So as we can see, in those two previous instances where a main cast member got Eevee, it was Ash's companions who got it and not Ash. But still, despite the history of the Pokemon anime, people somehow thought that Ash somehow had a greater chance of catching Eevee compared to other companions.

Anyways, coming to the episode, I though that it was pretty decent, with all the incidents of Eevee previously happening in the segments being shown together, Popplio getting separated from Lana due to getting distracted by Eevee, Popplio and Eevee's playful and comedic interactions were depicted pretty well, both getting chased by the bully Alolan Persian and made to run for life (using Aqua Jet to escape was cool), Team Skull bickering and quarreling amongst themselves over Eevee was just hilarious (I just laughed so hard at that scene) and eventually Lana/Popplio getting the chance to kick Team Skull's butt with Popplio learning Surf and surprisingly Eevee being the one to land the blastoff blow on Team Skull. And then via everyone's encouragement Lana finally catching Eevee! Lana father making an appearance in this episode was a real suprise I'd say, with the flashback scene of him catching Eevee.

And yup, how right was I to say that this Eevee was a total drama queen in the mould of Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott? :) ;) These kind of Pokemon are the typical cute and comical screenhoggers, they have this typical kind of playful, cute and comical kind of personality, go through a lot of slapstick stuff and act pretty much forcedly playful and comical all the time during the slapstick moments they go through, and in the process hog tons of screentime.

Ash catching this Eevee would have very likely meant that the chance of Eevee drama queen like screenhogging personality coming even more into the fore, since because of being an Ash Pokemon it would've gotten way more focus and limelight, which would have inevitably affected Rowlet and Torracat badly, robbing them of the focus and spotlight they really need at this point. Lana catching Eevee means that Eevee's screenhogging aspect wouldn't get that much of an opportunity to overshadow other Pokemon in the main cast, because Lana is afterall not someone who gets too many focus episodes for herself. Also, after such a big opportunity with Dewpider was missed to give Lana a second Pokemon, she finally got one and had a team change, being the first girl to have a second Pokemon in SM's main cast.

Overall, the episode was decent for sure. The comedy and slapstick in the episode was handled well and kept to a limit where it looked prettyenjoyable and funny, and not forced and cringeworthy like it is in majority of the SM episodes. And of course I'm glad that Lana caught the Eevee, and Ash didn't. :) I'd rate it 7/10.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I also don't agree with the idea that Lana catching Eevee means it won't get any more screentime when, for all we know, Lana very well might get more screentime because of Eevee and all the LGPE promotion.
I agree. The notion that Eevee won't get a lot of screen time because Ash didn't catch it is sort of nonsensical. Eevee is guaranteed screen time simply because of LGPE promotion, which means its Trainer is also going to get more screen time as a result. Thus, Lana is more or less guaranteed more screen time, simply because she is Nagisa's Trainer.

I always had a strong feeling that the ones who were strongly expecting for Ash to catch Eevee were more likely than not setting themselves up for disappointment here. I mean take a look at the history of the Pokemon anime. A main cast member getting Eevee happened twice before this, in AG (Battle Frontier) and in XY/XY(Z), where May and Serena got Eevee respectively. So as we can see, in those two previous instances where a main cast member got Eevee, it was Ash's companions who got it and not Ash. But still, despite the history of the Pokemon anime, people somehow thought that Ash somehow had a greater chance of catching Eevee compared to other companions.
To be fair to the "Ash is going to catch Eevee" group, just because the past two Eevees on the main cast belonged to the female companions didn't automatically mean that this Eevee would also be caught by one of the female companions. Firstly, none of the SM girls really receive the same amount of attention or screen time their predecessors did—if only because previous series only had to balance three or four main characters (and one Pokégirl), whereas SM is trying to balance six main characters (and three Pokégirls).

Secondly, this is the first time Eevee is a starter Pokémon in a main series game, and the first time promoting it has been so crucial. As the faces of each generation, the starters tend to get more focus and development than other Pokémon. (Note how most of Ash's aces have been starters. SM is the first series where a starter is not Ash's regional ace.) With that in mind, it would have made sense for Ash to catch Eevee, since it would be guaranteed a lot of focus as a member of his team. It would also mean it would be less likely to be overshadowed by LGPE's other starter, Pikachu (who, as the face of the entire franchise and Ash's main go-to Pokémon, already has an overwhelming advantage over Eevee, so to speak).

And yup, how right was I to say that this Eevee was a total drama queen in the mould of Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott? :) ;) These kind of Pokemon are the typical cute and comical screenhoggers, they have this typical kind of playful, cute and comical kind of personality, go through a lot of slapstick stuff and act pretty much forcedly playful and comical all the time during the slapstick moments they go through, and in the process hog tons of screentime.
You may want to review the definition of "drama queen," because that's not the right phrase to describe Nagisa. A drama queen is someone who overreacts to situations or reacts in a melodramatic way—and I don't mean the kind of overreactions or melodrama that's purely for the sake of comedy (or else Kiawe would classify as a drama queen); rather, I mean unnecessary overreactions or melodrama that's an inherent part of one's character. Nagisa may be easily excitable (and, if you ask me, way too trusting of strange Pokémon) and a little rambunctious, but it's far from a drama queen.

Kintaro

Banned
Neither the previous two Eevee that went to May and Serena received anywhere as much build-up as this one, and we just had a game called, "Let's Go Eevee" just come out. It's no surprise people expect more, hopefully Lana will get a lot of focus.

May and Serena's Eevee actually barely did anything in the show before evolving.

DatsRight

Neither the previous two Eevee that went to May and Serena received anywhere as much build-up as this one, and we just had a game called, "Let's Go Eevee" just come out. It's no surprise people expect more, hopefully Lana will get a lot of focus.

May and Serena's Eevee actually barely did anything in the show before evolving.

I thought Serena's Eevee was the opposite, it got its development as an Eevee and then ironically when it evolved into the new Gen 6 evolution it barely appeared at all.

Aside from Lana catching Eevee, I think the biggest surprise to come out of this episode is seeing Team Skull's pokémon playing with each other. I know Team Skull is more goofy & comedic compared to other evil teams we've seen in the past, but aside from Team Rocket I never thought we'd see any pokémon belonging to bad guys laughing, playing with each other, & acting like friends. That's normally stuff we only see with pokémon belonging to the protagonists or good CotDs.

The pattern is that Team Skull are also crap at being villains, and they've established that they care for their Pokemon like Team Rocket's, thus it makes sense they aren't just treated like drones. Remember when TR went all serious business in BW and thus so did their Pokemon.

I like this recurring reflex of Popplio begging for forgiveness from BAD GUYS when a comrade bothers them. I remember Rowlet even having a "Wait WTF am I doing???" reaction to this in the starter trio episode.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
At the very least we'll get an episode where Eevee will learn some of the special moves from LGE so there's that. I'd say Bouncy Bubble is a guarantee for obvious reasons.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I think Lana's Eevee That She Stole From Ash The Same Way Ash Stole Charmander From Brock is female, but they didn't even bother giving it the female tail from Let's Go for...some reason (to keep it in line with May and Serena's eevees?)

It's name is Nagisa/Marin, which doesn't really sound masculine to me (androgynous at most)

Can't wait for Ash to get into a giant robot (guardian of alola?) and crush it to a pulp to save the world

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I think Lana's Eevee That She Stole From Ash The Same Way Ash Stole Charmander From Brock is female, but they didn't even bother giving it the female tail from Let's Go for...some reason (to keep it in line with May and Serena's eevees?)

It's name is Nagisa/Marin, which doesn't really sound masculine to me (androgynous at most)

Can't wait for Ash to get into a giant robot (guardian of alola?) and crush it to a pulp to save the world

I personally think it's male given the shaggy look and acting a lot like Ash on vacation days. And I don't think they aren't aware of the heart tail of Partner Eevee. They likely are, but decided to make it male.

The pattern is that Team Skull are also crap at being villains, and they've established that they care for their Pokemon like Team Rocket's, thus it makes sense they aren't just treated like drones. Remember when TR went all serious business in BW and thus so did their Pokemon.

I like this recurring reflex of Popplio begging for forgiveness from BAD GUYS when a comrade bothers them. I remember Rowlet even having a "Wait WTF am I doing???" reaction to this in the starter trio episode.

Team Skull is the TRio reinterpreted as an organization rather than just a gang of three. All of them are losers who stick together because they at least have each other. They are practically Takeshi Shūdo's dream fully realized in the games.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Oooh boy I think a lot of fans of this Eevee are going to be so sour at this episode xD Since they wanted Ash to capture Eevee.

Still, it would be interesting to see how it develops, and what it'll involve into as there has been speculation that it'll be used to showcase a new Eeveelution (based on the fact that Eeveelutions have been introduced, with the exception of I, in even numbered generations)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Oooh boy I think a lot of fans of this Eevee are going to be so sour at this episode xD Since they wanted Ash to capture Eevee.
And then an equal number of fans would have been upset if he did catch it, because he already gets all the good Pokémon to the complete exclusion of everybody else...

Really, if anything I'd say giving it to Suiren or Mao made the most sense; Letting the characters who tend to fall into the background the most have the Let's Go Promotional Pokémon should give them a chance to possibly be a bit more relevant for the last year of the show. And of the two... Personal bias alert but I'm glad it was Suiren because she's by far the more entertaining character of the two, and I don't feel like Mao getting Eevee would have really changed that due to how consistently the writers have demonstrated their inability to make her stories interesting.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

Nagisa is a male name...

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Nagisa is a male name...
It can be either. But it should be noted that I can currently think of three characters with that name in different anime:
Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad (who is a girl)
Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom (who is a boy, but looks so androgynous that his classmates reacted with shock at this fact during the obligatory swimming episode)
Nagisa Hazuki from Free! (who is a boy, but all the male leads in that show have names that are supposed to sound feminine)

...So basically, it's a unisex name that leans a bit more on the feminine side, from what I can tell at least.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
It can be either. But it should be noted that I can currently think of three characters with that name in different anime:
Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad (who is a girl)
Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom (who is a boy, but looks so androgynous that his classmates reacted with shock at this fact during the obligatory swimming episode)
Nagisa Hazuki from Free! (who is a boy, but all the male leads in that show have names that are supposed to sound feminine)

...So basically, it's a unisex name that leans a bit more on the feminine side, from what I can tell at least.

Oh I guess it is. From my time in Japan I went to school with 2 boys named Nagisa and met another boy outside of school. I was also aware of Nagisa from Free and from Clannad, though I didn't really like either anime and apparently just kinda pushed them both out of my mind.

I'd say it's more masculine leaning, though it may just be personal biased based on the people I met with the name.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
I think Lana's Eevee That She Stole From Ash The Same Way Ash Stole Charmander From Brock is female
Lana never 'stole Eevee from Ash', you and everybody else who is saying the same thing are the ones who were calling it "Ash's Eevee" like it was officially confirmed, the anime writers didn't even hint at Eevee going to Ash. Unlike with Brock and Charmander, there were no scenes of Ash bonding with Eevee.

Can't people just be happy that Lana FINALLY got another Pokémon, after 99 episodes? It gives hope for the other main girls to get another Pokémon too.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Still talking about the Eevee? Let it go lol
I don’t see any need to waste time ranting about who got Eevee. They’ll eventually have to stop ;)