• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where is Eevee Going? To the End of the World for the Sake of a Meeting! (1042)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
And to top it off, they gave it a god awful haircut(It should have stayed the way it was, it was cute) and an even worse nickname than the dub gave Shiron. Shore.... ugh!
And it shouldn't be a surprise what it'll evolve into since Lana got it.
Um... Who are "they" in this case? Because the name I heard was Nagisa. Which is a perfectly sound name, heck, I can think of at least three anime characters off the top of my head with that name right now. Not that I see what's so bad about "Snowy" either, mind you...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Um... Who are "they" in this case? Because the name I heard was Nagisa. Which is a perfectly sound name, heck, I can think of at least three anime characters off the top of my head with that name right now. Not that I see what's so bad about "Snowy" either, mind you...
I'm assuming they is the writers. And the dub is gonna have a hard time coming up with an equivalent name as Nagisa can apparently mean "shore/beach/water's edge/lull/sand" depending on the Kanji used. Snowy works as a name in English (should still be Snowball but I digress) Beachy or Shorey won't.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm assuming they is the writers. And the dub is gonna have a hard time coming up with an equivalent name as Nagisa can apparently mean "shore/beach/water's edge/lull/sand" depending on the Kanji used. Snowy works as a name in English (should still be Snowball but I digress) Beachy or Shorey won't.
That's just beachy.

I guess they can name it Sandy but still won't fix the name that is...Shore!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That's just beachy.

I guess they can name it Sandy but still won't fix the name that is...Shore!
Nagisa isn't exactly an uncommon name though. You've got CLANNAD, Assassination Classroom, etc.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
"The writers" didn't name Eevee "Shore". They named it Nagisa. I mean I've seen the name "Shore" be used, sure, but it is in no way official at this point. Blaming the episode for that name is about as reasonable as writing an angry message to Tetsuo Yajima to complain about "The Power of Us" not being a good ending song for the English dub of M21. (Just as an example; I actually think that song is rather nice.)
As for how the dub is going to handle it, I'll keep my expectations low due to how overliteral they tend to be, but... they could just go a bit loose with it and give it an actual proper name that keeps to the same theme and inspiration behind the name without necessarily being 1=1 accurate. I mean, the reasoning behind the name was just "This Eevee loves the ocean", and there's plenty of ways you could go from there.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Aside from Lana catching Eevee, I think the biggest surprise to come out of this episode is seeing Team Skull's pokémon playing with each other. I know Team Skull is more goofy & comedic compared to other evil teams we've seen in the past, but aside from Team Rocket I never thought we'd see any pokémon belonging to bad guys laughing, playing with each other, & acting like friends. That's normally stuff we only see with pokémon belonging to the protagonists or good CotDs.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
I found FrozTKnight post funny because when I saw on YouTube the Kalos League outcome and the SM redesign were disliked alot to the point that even some old fans quit the show, compared to Lana's Eevee capture. As for those who stayed and still constantly hating on SM, they're just looking for attentions by spamming their rants, mocking those who cared about SM and I would ignore them at best.

Funny thing is i saw those some people who said they would quit returning so not all did quit like you suggest and some seem to punish themselves by watching S&M despite not liking it.

Also stop complaining about a non existen problem. Unless the dubbers are idiots they won't name Nagisa Shorey or Beachy.

Shiron is a combination of white and the onomatopoeia for rolling, and you didn't see them name Vulpix white rolling. No they just called it Snowy.

And thus they don't need to name the Eevee what its literaly called in Japanese, they are plenty of English (and other language) alternatives they could use. Ex. Aqua

Heck Lana's name has Hawain origin but has similar connections to her Japanese name.

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
We're basically in the final stretch of Sun and Moon and the writer are really picking this time to make some terrible choices. First they decide for Rowlette to never evolve via a terrible gag with it eating an everstone and now they give Eevee, the pokemon obviously here for advertisement of Let's Go to Lana, a character who gets barely any focus. So at this point, they've now wasted 2 advertisement pokemon on her. Had Eevee gone to Ash, not only would it have better served the advertisement role since it would be bound to get plenty of screentime, it would be able to display its Let's Go Eevee original moves. Plus, should Eevee get an evolution in Gen 8, it could have gone with Ash to the next region for that express purpose of advertising the next Eeveelution. With Lana, there's no way in Hell it's even gonna get to do much other than just exist since Lana really doesn't do much of anything important and hasn't in all of Sun and Moon. So now we not only have a wasted Pokemon, but Ash still has 2 slots in his team that don't seem to be getting filled any time soon and we're pretty late in the game. Should they fill them both, it's gonna end up being a rush job where his last 2 pokemon barely have time to get focus. Oh Sun and Moon. I expect nothing and still end up disappointed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The worst thing to come from this episode was the loss of Eevee's bangs. That's the real bummer
I would have wanted Eevee to keep its bangs to make it feel more unique. I didn’t feel too good seeing them cut Eevee’s hair but at least I think that the Eevee’s new hairstyle is better than the LGPE bowl cuts.

Nysyr

They essentially killed off a character they hyped up for 6 episodes. Eevee is far more popular than Vaporeon, and they are gutting his personality when he eventually evolves. Hes got a 40 episode clock basically. I’ll be surprised if he even gets as much screentime as the hyping gave him.

Theres no mystery to what he is going to evolve into that might have kept him interesting. Its so forced: Mono water trainer, Dive ball, Name, Vaporeon haircut.

Project eevee will probably go quiet once he gets slapped with a water stone. Eevee fans are feeling pretty abused at this point.

Theres tons of water types in Alola that you could have given to advance Lana.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
You know, if Satoshi were to take back a former companion to join him for the League, I would think Solgaleo would make far more sense, being the one that A: is actually powerful, and B: didn't specifically exit the series by going "I must stay here, for my people need me". Heck, they never even gave a reason for why Solgaleo left.

...But considering how many episodes are left, I find it more likely that the League will just be 3-on-3 battles, and that they'll include the kids' Ride Pokémon in the lineup. I mean they have battled with those before, so it's not like it's out of the question that they could bring them to the League.

I think you have a point. Considering Ash will likely end this series with just four Pokemon in his smallest regional team to date, it's going to be very likely that the League will only be 3-on-3 battles, or he has to bring back reserves from Oak's lab. The former looks more likely since Ash only used his regional team for the last two generations, and hasn't used reserves since the Sinnoh league.

And even if Ash had to catch two more Pokemon to fill his regional team, they would pretty much get zero development because of how late we are, which means bland character with no redeeming qualities.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
If they wanted to promote a new Eevee evolution with that thing for Gen 8 promo, then I am sure they would've gave it to Lillie and not Lana.

So I asume they only gave Lana that Eevee so it can promote LGPE, which would be super lame. Someone getting Eevee was likely, but giving it to her feels ike they don't have plans for it. Nothing against Lana, but in that case, it feels like it's an unnecessary addition to her team. I may be wrong, hopefully. So please let it evolve into Vaporeon and do something like "Lana bonding with her Pokemon" kind of thing.

XXD17

Draco rex
I just realized the the Eevee's bangs are cut to look like a vaporeon's widow's peak design it has going on. Either that or it was just cut to look like Lana's bangs. Also, can we confirm it as male since LGPE introduced gender differences in Eevee?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Eevee would have done Ash's team no favors regardless.

Now he can stay cute and never doing anything significant (except evolve into that Eeveelution) while not dragging Ash's team through the mud.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
This was a pretty good episode, besides the ridiculously long flashback sequence at the start.

I disagree. I think the flashback/recap is necessary to give some backstory to Eevee and let the audience know where it came from. Of course we've seen the Eevee shorts up until now, but the Eevee shorts weren't really part of the actual episodes, we still have no idea if they're going to even show up in the dubs. The dubs also skip the episode questions after all. For those that only follow the dubs it'd be helpful to get a bit of backstory exposition for it.

Anyway, I really like this episode. Eevee is way too curious for its own good and is brimming with personality. Its tendency to get itself into trouble can contrast well with Popplio and can pull Lana a bit more into the action. It's a pokémon that can quickly get plots going. I'm not convinced yet that it's going to evolve into Vaporeon, that just seems too obvious and predictable of an answer. I can totally see the gang visiting Kiawe's house, Eevee going to explore like Eevee does, and just happening to stumble upon a Fire Stone that was once an heirloom from Kiawe's grandfather (or something like that, or maybe Kiawe found it once at Wela Volcano or something), and Eevee just evolving into Flareon because it's just way too curious for its own good. A Flareon that loves the sea and can surf, that'd be super-awesome, and it'd be interesting to see Lana work with a fire type.

Another thing I liked about this episode is the interactions with Team Skull. Popplio remembering Team Skull makes sense, it was bullied by them and badly injured before Lana saved it and captured it, so it makes sense that Popplio would try to stop Eevee from greeting Team Skull's pokémon. The continuity of Team Skull with Ilima's Eevee was also nice.

Red and Blue

Eevee would have done Ash's team no favors regardless.

Now he can stay cute and never doing anything significant (except evolve into that Eeveelution) while not dragging Ash's team through the mud.
I disagree Ash could have worked well with Eevee. The starter from the games showed how OP an involved Eevee can be

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I disagree. I think the flashback/recap is necessary to give some backstory to Eevee and let the audience know where it came from. Of course we've seen the Eevee shorts up until now, but the Eevee shorts weren't really part of the actual episodes, we still have no idea if they're going to even show up in the dubs. The dubs also skip the episode questions after all. For those that only follow the dubs it'd be helpful to get a bit of backstory exposition for it.

Anyway, I really like this episode. Eevee is way too curious for its own good and is brimming with personality. Its tendency to get itself into trouble can contrast well with Popplio and can pull Lana a bit more into the action. It's a pokémon that can quickly get plots going. I'm not convinced yet that it's going to evolve into Vaporeon, that just seems too obvious and predictable of an answer. I can totally see the gang visiting Kiawe's house, Eevee going to explore like Eevee does, and just happening to stumble upon a Fire Stone that was once an heirloom from Kiawe's grandfather (or something like that, or maybe Kiawe found it once at Wela Volcano or something), and Eevee just evolving into Flareon because it's just way too curious for its own good. A Flareon that loves the sea and can surf, that'd be super-awesome, and it'd be interesting to see Lana work with a fire type.

Another thing I liked about this episode is the interactions with Team Skull. Popplio remembering Team Skull makes sense, it was bullied by them and badly injured before Lana saved it and captured it, so it makes sense that Popplio would try to stop Eevee from greeting Team Skull's pokémon. The continuity of Team Skull with Ilima's Eevee was also nice.

As I said on these forums and even on Youtube. My only gripe is that I was proven wrong and the people saying that Lana would catch Eevee were right!

Besides that, this episode had continuity, interactions between Eevee and Popplio that make a lot of sense. (Even the Eevee segments have this make a lot of sense due to a water type saving his life!)

Which results in an Eevee capture that makes a lot of sense. (Ash bleeping suggested that Lana catches it. Sealing that hope's doom!)

As disappointing as to where the hype went to, IT was a good capture episode. One of the best ones in Sun and Moon I might add.

Nysyr

Just to emphasize how much eevee fans are likely to be dissapoitned by the results of the teasing, Vaporeon didn’t crack the top 100 in the popularity poll back in 2016, and only beat out Jolteon within the species. Eevee was rank 12 and probably higher after the recent campaign.