1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Yellow?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by blob, Jan 2, 2018.

1. blob

blob Well-Known Member

She's the only dex holder so far who hasn't appeared since Emerald, so why wasn't she included in ORAS? Seriously, she's now more neglected than Wally and that's just sad! Does this mean the DP remakes chapter (whenever that comes out) will also take place during HGSS and ORAS and that's why she's missing?

2. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Because there was no reason to. Green appeared in XY because the games referenced his game counterpart as having studied in Kalos for some time. Also so he could show off Mega Evolution.

Red showed up in ORAS also because of Megas and because of his connection to Deoxys. Blue is there because I guess they didn't want to leave her out, I guess?

Yellow doesn't have a single Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and as she is someone who doesn't like battling, she has little reason to use to use a mechanic that can only be used in battle.

Being angry doesn't mean you need to resort to hyperbolic statements.

Just because a character doesn't show up doesn't make them "neglected". She still shows up in a variety of official art, so it's not like we don't get new content of her on occasion.

1) There is nothing indicating there will be remakes outside of references that could easily mean nothing. There's no reason to plan for something that could easily very well not exist. And the last thing Pokespe needs is another remake arc.

2) DP takes place after HGSS and ORAS. A arc based on a remake taking place before the arc the game it's remaking doesn't make any sense. Then again, Dialga can control the flow of time.

Who knows? Maybe she'll show up in SM? Anything's possible.

But until then, there's no reason to get so worked up. Not everyone needs to be forced into arc for the sake of it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

I guess she will appear in SM/USUM soon, since they need someone to show Pikachu's two Z-move.

And Pokedex holders' assembly may happen anytime I guess, since Crystal is also introduced VC.

Because Mega Blastoise also needs to be displayed. ;009;

4. Ryousha

Ryousha Well-Known Member

Also because it's the same Deoxys that thrashed Blue and kidnapped her parents. It's Organism 01.

5. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange that Yellow didn't appear in ORAS, since all the rest of the first 12 holders got some kind of cameo on it, except for Green who showed up in XY.

I think there's a chance of her appearing in BW2 due to the similarities between N and Lance. And I guess Red and Green appearing in the games could translate to the whole Kanto gang going to Alola in Pokespe.

6. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

I think that could be a good reason for her to return.

7. blob

blob Well-Known Member

Since Yellow has a regular Golem and Raticate, maybe she could show the differences between Alolan Pokémon forms and non-Alolan forms. Though, Blue has a regular Exeggutor, it could mean Yellow will be upstaged by him and instead send Blue over to Alola.

8. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't show up helping Blaine and Mewtwo. I get that they wanted to remind us of their genetic bond and that's why Blaine Mega Evolved Mewtwo into both forms, but even if she doesn't have any sort of Mega, it would've been nice to see her take charge in Blaine's place. Maybe have something Mega-capable join her? But I guess showing off the Pikanium-Z will probably have to do.

Except in this continuity, Exeggutor is just a Pokemon Blue leaves at Viridian Gym for batling, and not an actual team member he travels with. Though if Red and Blue are working as Battle Tree bosses, he may have abdicated his Gym Leader post in order to put said Pokemon towards Battle Tree challenges.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. Mikeachu

Mikeachu Soul Trainer

In the trash bin where all Mary Sue OCs belong.

10. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

I feel like Red and Yellow appearing in Sun and Moon would be the best way for them to return simply because of Pikachu having not one but two Z-Moves!

11. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Um I don't think that Red had All Satoshi/Ash's hat anyways. And western Pokespe fans would be not interested in that ideas from kusaka !

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  12. e9310103838

This is most likely just using Red's own hat instead, like they do it in volume 29. ;319;

13. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

I think that kusaka shouldn't use some of Pokemon anime universe stuffs as Pokemon Special/Adventures should definitely used the games stuffs more than uses Pokemon anime fan services to the ani fandom.

14. e9310103838

Battle Bond Greninja and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt Pikachu are the games stuffs actually (we even have 1,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt in PMSP). And I think Kusaka knows how to handle the standard since Jessie and James did not appear in PMSP. ;101;

15. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Well-Known Member

Red's cap somehow resembles Ash's Kalos cap, this might be applicable.

and like somebody mentioned before Y's Greninja will be just simply called as Battle Bond Greninja.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  16. blob

blob Well-Known Member

Can we talk about Yellow now and not Ash?

Anyway, has Yellow appeared recently?

17. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

Last time she was seen it was back in HGSS when Lance mentioned her. Then there is also the Kusaka recent artwork with all the GenI-II main characters but I don't know if that counts.

18. Friendshipper

Friendshipper Gotta Love 'Em All

Oh Yellow, I really miss her!

Well.. after seeing her simple interaction with the SM protagonists in the 20th anniversary, I believe she will appear in SM/USUM eventually.

19. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

Actually, there's more reason for Yellow, and even the entire Gen 1 gang, to appear in the USUM-based arcs than there is for Red to appear in Hoenn and Green to appear in Kalos if were looking at game connections, something the Adventures Writers heavily take advantage of. Much of what you said isn't really enough reasoning for Red and Green to make an appearance except one particular thing. Red appearing in Hoenn because of Deoxys is barely mentioned at all, if ever. In fact, no one really knows why Deoxys appeared. In fact those two came because of the Red and Blue orbs, not because of Deoxys and even then that's not a good enough game-based reason. The same also goes for Green, I can think of some other ways how Charizard Y can appear but in general, all three of those Pokedex holders appeared mainly because I assume of Mega Evolutions being there only real reason and connection from the games. That's literally the only game-based reason that Red, Blue, and Green appeared, Mega Evolutions. The only thing I'm not sure about is that Green studying reference in Kalos. That one I'm going to have to look up.

Anyways, unlike Mega Evolutions really being the only game-based reason for being there, there are actually three strong game-based reasons why not only Yellow but the entire Gen 1 gang could appear. Red and Blue had a significant appearance in the games, going on vacation and playing there part as the Battle Bosses of the Battle Tree. Although Leaf didn't appeared because GameFreak may have forgotten her from the looks of things but the Adventures writer certainly haven't. This vacation aspect of the games should not be overlooked to have all four characters visit Alola. GameFreak heavily marketed this aspect of Red and Blue making a return causing so much excitement throughout the Pokemon community. You don't think the Adventures writer would want to take advantage of that idea? Then there's the two Z-moves exclusive to Pikachu. As many of us know the writers love to do everything they can to stuff as much game details as possible and the perfect way to do this is to have the Pika and Chuchu Pikachu couple return using each Z-move seperately! Then there's the third big reason. Alola has A LOT of Kanto-focused content, from Alola regional variants, to Prof. Oak's cousin, to the protagonist themselves being from Kanto, to the fake Vermillion Gym, to Team Rainbow Rocket. This is a perfect opportunity for the Gen 1 Gang, and maybe even Prof. Oak, to come by and be surprised by the differences and similarities to Kanto that Alola has.

There's a really good chance we will see Yellow again and from the looks of things, the Sun and Moon chapter might be fan's best chance that there hopes for RedxYellow (Specialshipping) to be canon since tropical vacations are often associated with romance and the Pikachu couple will get a Z-move upgrade. However! There's less reason for that to happen but I can certainly say there's more reason to happen in Alola than elsewhere! Gonna be honest, I normally find shipping kind of annoying but Pokemon Adventures for some reason is the exception for me.

20. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That remains to be seen until the full volumes come out.

Also, Red was the one who informed them about Deoxys in the first place.

Again, wait for the full volumes so we can get the full answer.

Giovanni blatantly implied it was because it was angry that he threw it away.

Why are you assuming that I'm claiming that's the in-universe reason why Red is here? I meant from a writer's perspective.

An NPC in the games mentions it.

The Kanto Dex holders coming back kind of loses impact when we literally just saw them.

Also, and hate that I have to constantly keep bringing this up.

Pokespe can barely keep up with two protagonists with it's current release schedule, we don't need an extra four to show up and steal the spotlight from our fresh new protagonists.