• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where is Yellow?!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That remains to be seen until the full volumes come out.

Also, Red was the one who informed them about Deoxys in the first place.

Again, wait for the full volumes so we can get the full answer.

Giovanni blatantly implied it was because it was angry that he threw it away.

Why are you assuming that I'm claiming that's the in-universe reason why Red is here? I meant from a writer's perspective.

An NPC in the games mentions it.

The Kanto Dex holders coming back kind of loses impact when we literally just saw them.

Also, and hate that I have to constantly keep bringing this up.

Pokespe can barely keep up with two protagonists with it's current release schedule, we don't need an extra four to show up and steal the spotlight from our fresh new protagonists.
1. I don't ever recall that. I recall Red talking about a possible Pokemon from Space and Giovanni identifying the meteor as Deoxys but I believe Red came to the Hoenn region because the orbs were taken and a meteor was falling. Deoxys, the Pokemon and not the Meteor, was barely mentioned in the entire arc.
2. I suspect we'll get an answer in the possible remake arc of Diamond and Pearl where the first Deoxys headed to Sinnoh.
3. I also meant it from a writer's perspective. The orbs are a good plot device as the driving force for Red and Blue's appearance. Although now that you mentioned it that way, I see what you mean by Deoxys serving as one of the reasons' for Red's appearance.
4. You are right about an NPC mentioning this. Yet another game-connection found between Adventures and the games.
5. We, or at least I, wasn't talking about what Pokemon Adventures need. In fact we've seen plenty of times that the schedule can run consistently with multiple old favorites. Rather I was talking about how high the likelihood of Yellow, and also the previous Gen 1 groups, making an appearance in the USUM is very likely and is something I'm excited for. Maybe your not but there are Adventure fans excited over the idea and may even see it as a must-have plotpoint. It's not 100% guaranteed, maybe we won't see all of them, but it's almost 100% guaranteed they will make an appearance somehow following the writer's mindset and trends. Also your argument of "The Kanto Dex holders coming back kind of loses impact when we literally just saw them." kind of loses impact as well since A) Anabel also barely made an impact in ORAS and is already making Adventure fans happy that she's made an appearance in SM, even though it seems to be a small role and B) Red and Green (Female), similar to Anabel, didn't really made much of an impact in ORAS and didn't really steal Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald's light and C) Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow manage to make an awesome appearance in the GS arc after there recent appearance in the Gen 1 arcs without stealing the spotlight from Gold, Silver, and Krystal. In fact that's one of the reasons why some people see the GS arc as one of, if not the greatest story arc in the series because of how the writer was able to handle so much characters, giving each time to shine and has continued doing this in later arcs with shorter schedules.

In fact, something tells me that the author didn't even planned on having the second Deoxys in an RS remake chapter because of how much filler it feels. So anyways, while you say we don't need it doesn't mean it's not going to happen and it doesn't mean the writer won't somehow be able to pull it off with a much larger cast like he did with some of the previous arcs, GS and XY being great examples of having returning characters without stealing the spotlight from others in a OG generation arc. In fact I don't think there has ever been a real moment where returning characters have completely stole the spotlight from an arc's main character. Personally I think you should give the idea a chance as the Adventures writer hasn't really written a story arc seen as terrible by most of his fans. Even the ORAS arc, which I kind of see it as filler with Red and Green (Female) as unneccesary, had many amazing and memorable moments that it isn't the worst Pokemon arc for me but rather it is the least-interesting good story arc out of the series.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
5. We, or at least I, wasn't talking about what Pokemon Adventures need. In fact we've seen plenty of times that the schedule can run consistently with multiple old favorites. Rather I was talking about how high the likelihood of Yellow, and also the previous Gen 1 groups, making an appearance in the USUM is very likely and is something I'm excited for. Maybe your not but there are Adventure fans excited over the idea and may even see it as a must-have plotpoint. It's not 100% guaranteed, maybe we won't see all of them, but it's almost 100% guaranteed they will make an appearance somehow following the writer's mindset and trends.

I hear speculation about old Pokedex holders returning at least once per arc, regardless if their game counterparts appear in the games or not. It's not a new concept.

Also your argument of "The Kanto Dex holders coming back kind of loses impact when we literally just saw them." kind of loses impact as well since A) Anabel also barely made an impact in ORAS and is already making Adventure fans happy that she's made an appearance in SM, even though it seems to be a small role and B) Red and Green (Female), similar to Anabel, didn't really made much of an impact in ORAS and didn't really steal Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald's light and C) Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow manage to make an awesome appearance in the GS arc after there recent appearance in the Gen 1 arcs without stealing the spotlight from Gold, Silver, and Krystal.

Except Anabel is not a main character. She is a major supporting character at best. While she did appear in ORAS, her role was incredibly minor. It was basically a cameo just to show you she's still around, which was common throughout the arc.

While Red and Blue weren't as important as their juniors, they did get plenty of focus and their reason for being there did make sense given the situation.

And again, we can't say for sure how relevant they'll be until ORAS gets collected into the full volumes and we get new content added.

So anyways, while you say we don't need it doesn't mean it's not going to happen and it doesn't mean the writer won't somehow be able to pull it off with a much larger cast like he did with some of the previous arcs, GS and XY being great examples of having returning characters without stealing the spotlight from others in a OG generation arc. In fact I don't think there has ever been a real moment where returning characters have completely stole the spotlight from an arc's main character. Personally I think you should give the idea a chance as the Adventures writer hasn't really written a story arc seen as terrible by most of his fans. Even the ORAS arc, which I kind of see it as filler with Red and Green (Female) as unneccesary, had many amazing and memorable moments that it isn't the worst Pokemon arc for me but rather it is the least-interesting good story arc out of the series.

But that's the thing you're ignoring: the release schedule and the current problems with it.

Sun and Moon currently runs in a single monthly magazine, so it can only put out 25 pages of content once a month. Most arcs prior to SM ran in multiple magazines, with some going as high as three.

You're trying to suggest that Kusaka bring in not only Yellow, but the entire Kanto Dex holders when he already has to juggle Sun and Moon as well as all the other side characters. Why? For what purpose? Red and the others have shown up in a good chunk of the arcs, and we just got to see them again after an eight year absence. There's no reason why they need to come back again.

It's not a matter of whether I want it to happen, it's a matter if it should. And honestly, I'm finding it hard to see any reason why.

If an old Dex holder needs to come back, it should be Yellow and only Yellow. The other three had their time in XY and ORAS.

shoz999

I hear speculation about old Pokedex holders returning at least once per arc, regardless if their game counterparts appear in the games or not. It's not a new concept.

Except Anabel is not a main character. She is a major supporting character at best. While she did appear in ORAS, her role was incredibly minor. It was basically a cameo just to show you she's still around, which was common throughout the arc.

While Red and Blue weren't as important as their juniors, they did get plenty of focus and their reason for being there did make sense given the situation.

And again, we can't say for sure how relevant they'll be until ORAS gets collected into the full volumes and we get new content added.

But that's the thing you're ignoring: the release schedule and the current problems with it.

Sun and Moon currently runs in a single monthly magazine, so it can only put out 25 pages of content once a month. Most arcs prior to SM ran in multiple magazines, with some going as high as three.

You're trying to suggest that Kusaka bring in not only Yellow, but the entire Kanto Dex holders when he already has to juggle Sun and Moon as well as all the other side characters. Why? For what purpose? Red and the others have shown up in a good chunk of the arcs, and we just got to see them again after an eight year absence. There's no reason why they need to come back again.

It's not a matter of whether I want it to happen, it's a matter if it should. And honestly, I'm finding it hard to see any reason why.

If an old Dex holder needs to come back, it should be Yellow and only Yellow. The other three had their time in XY and ORAS.
1) I know it's not a new concept but as I said before, there's more reason for the Gen 1 gang to appear in USUM than to appear in XY and ORAS if we are talking about game connections that the writer wants to heavily invest in, especially the introduction of Pikachu's two Z-moves is enough reason to at least see Red and Yellow return. The other two reasons I mentioned are enough to for the entire gen 1 gang reason.
2) Um... I finished reading the ORAS chapter. I'm pretty sure it's been completed by both it's Japanese and English publishers in mini-volumes. Are you saying it hasn't been finished yet or is there some kind of difference from it's current status and after the BW2 chapter will be finished in regular volumes? Is there something I'm missing?
3) Okay. That's completely understandable but I have great faith that the writer will be able to pull it off somehow. From a story-perspective, there's not much of a purpose for the Gen 1 gang appearing in Alola before it's developed, the same how there's not much of a reason for Red, Blue, or Green appearing in Hoenn or Kalos unless the writer creates a story-based reason outside of the games for them being there and he can easily do the same for any of the Gen 1 characters appearing in Alola. Red's a little more understandable since he was involved with the orbs and Deoxys but someone like Green who has very little connection to Kalos, except through a NPC and a Mega Evolution, compared to the Gen 1's gang more stronger connection to Alola would seem almost flabbergasted to readers at the time if he made an appearance, a huge surprise compared to Red.

What I'm saying is the Gen 1 Gang currently does not have much of a story reason for being Alola the same way many thought Blue (rival) was before he actually made his official appearance. In many people's opinions however, Blue (rival) had a far better appearance in the XY series, as a supporting character than a main character stealing the spotlight, then Red and Blue in ORAS who also have Mega Evolutions, there game connection, and more of a identifiable story reason than Blue, there connection with Deoxys and even then that disappointingly wasn't really touched upon a lot that it seem like filler. Due to this, the writer can come up with a lot of reasons for the Gen 1 gang, or at least some of there members, to show up in the Alola region and there's a lot of excuses to do so here. You are right about the schedule but we can't ignore the fact that the writer will try to stuff in as many game connections as possible either as part of the main story or on the side, such as the Pikachu Z-moves or the Gen 1 character's making an appearance in Alola. There's more reason to expect the Gen 1 gang to appear in the Alola chapter than they are in the ORAS and XY chapter through they heavier game-connection. The only thing were missing is why would they appear and we've seen the writer pull that off with looser or practical no game-connections in previous arcs. Also while you believe out of all the old Pokedex holders that should come back should be just Yellow and only Yellow just because she hasn't returned yet in a long time, you still shouldn't discount the possibility of other Pokedex holders returning even if you possibly think the idea of it happening could happen but would be disappointing.

Other than that, despite the release schedule you mention, I think this is going to be a pretty long arc spanning from SM's Lusamine going mad to USUM's Necrozma making an appearance. During those two arcs I can see at least Yellow trying to communicate with the Ultra Beasts, especially Necrozma, or at least assist the main characters in the main story OR the entire Gen 1 gang could help the Kahuna's and Trial Captains fight the Ultra Beasts on the side while the main characters do there thing to stop all this. Then after all the chaos is over, I can see the Gen 1 gang deciding to take a break from this and take a look at what the Alola region has to offer, maybe even make a reference to the Battle Tree. Honestly, I'm more curious on how the writer will handle the Ultra Recon Squad than the Gen 1 gang. Honestly I can see the writer easily implement the Gen 1 gang under that schedule with all kinds of story-based reasons but the Ultra Recon Squad who have a more significant and specific plot-importance to Necrozma's origins and role in the story and yet haven't been mentioned at all under such a tight schedule.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Can you please keep your replies short and concise? Digging through walls of text is really tedious.

2) Um... I finished reading the ORAS chapter. I'm pretty sure it's been completed by both it's Japanese and English publishers in mini-volumes. Are you saying it hasn't been finished yet or is there some kind of difference from it's current status and after the BW2 chapter will be finished in regular volumes? Is there something I'm missing?

Due to the problems with B2W2's release schedule, they have decided to released XY and the arcs following them as separate volumes. These are only meant to be a way for people to read the arcs in volume format without needing a bunch of magazines/reading the online version (which they can't as the chapters are no longer up). It's no different to how VIZ released BW initially. They're just the magazine releases in volume format and not an indicator of the final product.

Once B2W2 is finished, XY will be collected and given the proper volume treatment, which means edits, which typically include rewriting dialog to erase potential plot holes, new scenes will be added, and a potentially extending the finale.

The final battle of ORAS had multiple scenes that heavily hinted that more will be added once the full volumes come out. It obviously had to be cut short to make way for SM/B2W2's return.

Other than that, despite the release schedule you mention, I think this is going to be a pretty long arc spanning from SM's Lusamine going mad to USUM's Necrozma making an appearance.

Gen VIII comes out next year, and assuming Pokespe is still going by then, then SM will have to end once those new games come out to make way for the next chapter. That's how it works.

shoz999

Can you please keep your replies short and concise? Digging through walls of text is really tedious.

Due to the problems with B2W2's release schedule, they have decided to released XY and the arcs following them as separate volumes. These are only meant to be a way for people to read the arcs in volume format without needing a bunch of magazines/reading the online version (which they can't as the chapters are no longer up). It's no different to how VIZ released BW initially. They're just the magazine releases in volume format and not an indicator of the final product.

Once B2W2 is finished, XY will be collected and given the proper volume treatment, which means edits, which typically include rewriting dialog to erase potential plot holes, new scenes will be added, and a potentially extending the finale.

The final battle of ORAS had multiple scenes that heavily hinted that more will be added once the full volumes come out. It obviously had to be cut short to make way for SM/B2W2's return.

Gen VIII comes out next year, and assuming Pokespe is still going by then, then SM will have to end once those new games come out to make way for the next chapter. That's how it works.
1) Well that makes sense. One of the reasons why I thought ORAS felt like filler and that the writer was saving Deoxys for a DP remake arc was because of how short that Deoxys battle was.
2) I feel like they can easily do Lusamine's Madness and the entire Aether Invasion part of the game's story in just one big round and another dedicate to Solgaleo and Lunala's awakening. As for Necrozma, I think he'll make up the rest of the story arc, appearing out of nowhere.
3) Back to the original topic. I still believe there's a pretty good chance we will see Yellow and the others, maybe even just as a cameo appearance at least, even though there is a lack of a good story reason which is not so different from Green (Rival) before he showed up, but, like Green's Mega Evo. and a small reference of him in the games, there are even more stronger connections of them appearing. Therefore the only real problem I see in this not happening is the tight release schedule.

e9310103838

About the release schedule, we haven't gotten Moon's Rowlet and Hau's Popplio to evolved yet, and Sun and Moon's team has also not yet to completed. They didn’t even give Tapu Koko a Mirage Berry yet. This means that SM may be longer than our imagined.

Maybe Kusaka is not in a hurry to make progress and just wants to handle the story well. And obviously they also do the same with B2W2... XD :p