• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! (610)

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
HAHA I thought it was confirmed already that Pipulp/Meowth/Croagrunk were malesXD

Piplup is a male???!!!
wasn't HE wearing a pink dress one time???

by the way....very very nice episode
claps to you all pokemon writers I would never thought about an evil togepi that's for sure......

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I wonder if Ash and Brock remembers that Misty used to have a togepi before its involves and protect the togepi kingdom. But I know that this is not the same togepi that Misty used to have.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Also, Piplup, Croagunk, and Meowth are confirmed male.

Didn't it already say meowth learned english to impress a female meowth?

bui

The fact that the bunny is in love with Pikachu should have told you that it was male.

HoennMaster

Not true. I've always believed it was male, but I don't assume without solid proof like this episode. At that point in time Buneary could have been........I think you know where I'm going. It may sound strange, but there's always a possibility.

Linkdarkside

Dare I say this, but its kind of ironic there was no brief flashback to Misty's Togepi in this episode. Its like the writers have pretty much stopped Misty's cameos entirely, even of the flashback kind.

Makes me wonder if we'll see scenes of her watching Ash in the Sinnoh league this time.
the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.

That didn't stop them in other episodes. We've seen flashbacks to Kanto and Hoenn episodes with new animation in DP.

We had a flashback to Ash waving goodbye to his Butterfree for instance not too long ago with new animation.

Darkxninga

-Meowth's Giovanni puppet was... bizarre. It's basically Meowth's equivilent of a blow up sex doll.

Just made out of wood and strokes Meowth instead of having anything to do with sex whatsoever

LOL EXACTLY what I was thinking XD when I saw that.

Honestly I didnt like this episode, but like the post James did in the ship.

And 5ilver is right o_o piplups a male ....and always wearing that pink dress in a contest.......???!

Last edited:

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
This episode looks awesome, I can't wait to see it dubbed.

Genderless until real proof is given.

He didn't even imply that.

You see I at first didn't think there would be a flashback till CC mention it, funny how I predicted Misty would be in the opening but change my mind cause others here didn't think it would happen and I turn out to be right.

Once again CC came up with an prediction just so he can argue a point, I can't believe I fell for it too, I got my hopes up at the end when Ash looks up that he'd mention her like he did with Angie in the begining of the Floating Monster epi, so I sighed and thought "well at least I'll see her during the leadge" Then CC says that...

I remember when I first talked CC about Advanceshipping being the 2nd most popular ship (at the time of 2005) as it being another reason we pokeshippers hated AS. Some say I was to quick to judge him but now that I've got to know him better... well ... I think I hate his guts even more ...but now I think I've figured him out, and won't be falling for his predictions that's purpose is to start a debate about something.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Blah blah TR blah
-Togepi?!
-Evil Togepi.
-Bad remix. Again.
-I think I'll just skip all the boring parts so I can watch a solid block of Togepi wandering along then suddenly breaking into its evil face.
-How does a tiny little egg manage to eat that much food at once?
-Haha, a James room with bottlecaps proudly displayed like badges.
-I could watch Togepi making people miserable all day.
-This episode makes no sense whatsoever. Awesome.
-Are they all in an actual rocket now?
-Haha, Happiny VS Togepi! For once, baby Pokemon aren't incredibly annoying!
-Rayquaza's there guarding the ozone layer. Yup.
-Aaaaannnnd back to earth.
-I have no idea what happened in this episode, but it was awesome.

HoennMaster,

Did you even watch the episode?

There is a scene where Togepi uses 'attract' on Pikachu, Piplup, Croagunk, Meowth, and Yanmega.

The move did not work on Yanmega because it was female while it worked on other four Pokemon.

Are you saying this isn't a solid proof?

STICKTOPIA

That is 1 messed up togepi o_O.

HoennMaster this is pokemon ur talking about. No male pokemon can be love with other male pokemon and same thing with females.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Uh, this episode was unbeleivalbe. In many episodes, they do the impossible, and in DP, it strikes high. Let's pull a list of what would have killed Ash and Co otherwise.
~Getting Twiggy With It!
~Sanshrew's Locker
~Fighting Fear With Fear
~Chim-Charred
~Cheers on Castway Isle!
~Trails and Adulations!
~(the Luxio episode)
~The Worst Togepi in History!

That's just in DP, the stupid stunts.
Also, they get something wrong with dawn (Eww) and that Togepi should've been caught.
Rayquaza attacking was like... wrong.
And a rocket? Team Rocket? (pun, badly)
Lol episode 1000/100%.

Blaziryu

For a filler, this episode was pretty good. It was pretty clever of that Togepi to use its cuteness to hide its mischievous personality. Togepi & Happiny's little fight was kinda funny. Plus, it was awesome how Ash & co. went into space (a first) & saw Rayquaza. I don't think this the last we'll see of mischievous Togepi. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it returns in a future episode.

Linkaro

For a filler, this episode was pretty good. It was pretty clever of that Togepi to use its cuteness to hide its mischievous personality. Togepi & Happiny's little fight was kinda funny. Plus, it was awesome how Ash & co. went into space (a first) & saw Rayquaza. I don't think this the last we'll see of mischievous Togepi. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it returns in a future episode.

If it does return, this eppy won't be consider a filler then.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
And just how do you know Togepi's gender? How do you know it was female?
For one thing, Jessie remarked that if Attract worked on Meowth, it must be female. Then later, she concluded that since it didn't work on Yanmega, it must be female as well. And Yanmega confirmed that. There was absolutely no indication that Jessie was wrong with either of her assumptions.
Brock also explicitly states that Attract just doesn't work against Pokémon of the same gender.

As for my personal opinion on this episode, there was some crazy stuff involved and I absolutely loved it.

It really felt like the script writer had a "lulz :D" moment when he created this, especially with the spontaneous revelation that Yanmega is female.
I honestly doubt that it was planned that way from the getgo, but rather thrown in as another tidbit of roflcopterness after making sure that nothing in previous episodes would explicitly contradict that. Kiyotaka Furushima officially has the craziest roster of characters a VA voices now.