• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where (or what?) is the pokemon world?

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
It's on a parallel Earth. Most of the regions are in that universe's equivalent to Japan, Orre is the equivalent of Arizona or somewhere. Mew was in fact discovered in South America, just in that universe's version of it.

Reading far too much into a video game is, in fact, enjoyable.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I think the idea of it being an alternate continuity where everything is pretty much the same as our world, except Pokémon exist and the regions take the place of real Japanese locations, makes the most sense. It's pretty much the same approach as Watchmen in that respect.

Yes, I just compared "Pokémon" to Watchmen. To borrow a phrase from Linkara, I am such a nerd.

STICKTOPIA

Wait ur thinking that there's a pokemon world somewhere? It's just a video game and i guess they wanted to be realistic.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I honestly thought that at first that the first region was based on the USA near the gulf of Mexico with the App Mountains as Mt.Moon, LAvender Town and Fushia could be Florida Carolina maybe,
But then i got told it was based on Japan, of course, its a Japanese show, so logically it is in Japan.