• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where the Wild things are

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I got freaked out the first time i saw this advertisement! lol.

I guess the movie looks quite interesting.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
There we go.

People (critics) seem to be very divided on this film, some calling it a masterpiece (Rolling stone gave it four stars) and others saying the kids won't get it.

Can't they both be right? Personally, I like children's movies that have a more adult appeal, too. But I think kids are a lot smarter than people give them credit for.

Saw it opening night, and I have to say.

The most profound, and beautiful film of the year.

As far as films about childhood go, it was better than E.T

(no I'm not saying it was better than E.T)

Spike Jonze needs an Oscar nom, but most likely this will be forgotten due to the mixed reactions I've been hearing.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Who isn't?

This is gonna be awesome, sitting with 5 year olds.

lol

I might go see this movie, it's one of the few more-for-kid films we'd take my little brothers to. (That, and my parents are more willing to take us to see this than 9.) It's so hard finding a really good movie these days.

I heard that it's pretty dark for a children's film, so that makes my interest peak some more.

Glad you enjoyed it, Kazekage :).

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
I was really hyped when I first saw previews for this film. It looked absolutely amazing, and the previews still manage to give me goosebumps (in a good way). I probably will wait until it comes out on DVD to see it. People have said it wasn't worth the $9 to see it in theatres

Nidogod

From the reviews I've read and people I've talked to about this movie, it sounds like this year's Juno. It seems like the more pretentious and stuck up you are, the more you enjoy the movie. That's just of course a broad statement based on other people's opinions. I'll still see it and hope for the best. I've heard enough good stuff about it that there's no way it could be bad, just annoying in how full of itself it is. The abuse of indie music doesn't help.

magikot

I'll wait for it to come on DVD. I've had too much of my childhood destroyed by hollywood the past 5 years to pay for more of it. Land of the Lost, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, GI Joe, and many many more awful movies.

Up next on the chopping block a 3 hr adaptation of Goodnight Moon and the live-action version of Very Hungry Caterpillar.

SkinnySweatyMan

One of my friends and a "Where the Wild Things Are" T-shirt with the original book cover on it. He's my hero. I probably won't see this movie for a very long time.

From the reviews I've read and people I've talked to about this movie, it sounds like this year's Juno. It seems like the more pretentious and stuck up you are, the more you enjoy the movie. That's just of course a broad statement based on other people's opinions. I'll still see it and hope for the best. I've heard enough good stuff about it that there's no way it could be bad, just annoying in how full of itself it is. The abuse of indie music doesn't help.

Really pretentious and stuck up people enjoyed juno?

This is the first I'm hearing of it

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I'll wait for it to come on DVD. I've had too much of my childhood destroyed by hollywood the past 5 years to pay for more of it. Land of the Lost, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, GI Joe, and many many more awful movies.

Up next on the chopping block a 3 hr adaptation of Goodnight Moon and the live-action version of Very Hungry Caterpillar.

LOL.
I heard that this movie is scary, is it really that frightening

Dattebayo

Banned
I saw the movie on the second day it first came out; I really enjoyed it. Max was very annoying in the beginning with his monster behavior, but then I got over it as the movie goes on. I like how the Wild Things were mixed with guys in costumes and CG facial expressions. I really wish they make monsters with that mix of technology in future monster films.

Sounds like someone's in the RUINED FOREVER statement. :p

cocoa_adele

I can't wais to see it!
I'm annoyed that I can't compare the book to the movie for my year 10 english review but I'll deal.
The storyline looks sort of intricate for a movie of it's genre, which is refreshing.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I saw the movie recently. The first thing I'd like to say is that the special effects were amazing. The character designs were both faithful to the original book, and perfectly believable. Very well done there.

Now, regarding the themes, I have three things the story's themes could be. They were either
a) extremely deep hidden meanings, too profound for my mind
b) a bunch of random talk which was meant to sound profound, but was really meaningless
c) there is no true meaning, but the writers wanted to leave that open, for the audience to take their own themes

If my third hypothesis is the case, then I shall say that I truly did find meaning in the plot with Carol's getting so mad at the realization that Max wasn't some omnipotent being. I know too well the enraging disappointment of finding that ones' parents can't solve any problem. This movie helped me see it from a different view.

Though I thought that teacher was a bit of a jerk. Really, who tells children his age that the world will end? If he doesn't think he'll contribute to preteen depression, I don't know what his problem is. Him and Judith, Judith was kind of a jerk too.

And poor Douglas! I felt sorry for him seeing him with a stick where his hand was. That was pretty nasty of Carol to do that to his best friend.

Though I must say Alexander was my favourite. I think I'm most like him.

Manly Blissey

To be honest, I heard from other people that this is a good movie to watch while under the influence of something. IMO, it looks kinda creepy.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
My parents and I saw this, I guess I was surprised that they wanted to see it, but their reaction to the movie was what I expected. They didn't really like it that much and though that the previews made it seem a lot better than it actually was.

I guess my problems with it were
It wasn't really geared towards kids, I could imagine little kiddies being freaked out by the monsters near the start of the film.
And there were too many deep meanings, that I could only help to understand.