• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where to Buy? New Collector. (UK)

SWatsi

Good Afternoon

My daughter (10) has recently started to collect TCG, which is not something I have done myself outside of a couple of packs and trading those with friends when I was a kid. Back when I believe the sets were Fossil and Jungle.

I want to be supportive of her new hobby, but its kind of expensive so I want to help her stretch her pocket money further.

So finally my question; where should I be looking to buy the booster packs and other sets at a good value.
Are there any particularly good retailers that are reputable and good value?

We are based in the UK. :)

xSweetSlayerx

Card Collector
Do you guys have super stores like Walmart or Target in the UK? Those tend to sell them.
You could also look at local comic book or gaming stores (GameStop?). Because of Pokémon's popularity, selling Pokémon merchandise is kind of a staple at gaming stores.

They're typically sold around the same price, no matter where you go within the country. You could also just buy booster packs online.

SWatsi

Thanks. Yes there are supermarkets, toy shops and dedicated gaming stores. Nothing as big as Walmart or Target. And the specific product range is very limited from what I have seen first hand.

Handily at the moment there are some offers on at the supermarkets that I have visited recently. So we were able to pick up some triple packs and tins for a lower than normal price. Again the range is so limited, and the shelves are fairly bare.

I have seen some websites selling packs, with huge ranges and cheaper than stores here (2.80 vs 3.99) but I don't know how reputable they are, which are the best for customer service and value for money etc..
I guess I need someone from the UK.

random turnip

Asda sell cards, in my city (UK) they are the only supermarket that sell them a lot of the time and all other shops that sell them are closed. Right now this is a hard time to find them, hence you just can't buy anything right now and the 2nd hand prices are crazy. Some common physical shops here that sell them when stuff re-opens are Smyths Toys, GAME, Forbidden Planet and local card/board game shops.

Some reputable site which are operating currently are Chaos Cards, Magic Madhouse, Total Cards and Zatu Games.

I just realised this thread is nearly a year old but I'd already typed all that so thought I may as well post it.

cellcia

If she likes single cards, you can buy from reputable places like tcgplayer.com. It's a lot cheaper than buying packs or boxes to hunt for specific cards. You lose out on the appeal of busting open a pack but it's cost effective.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I used to buy Pokémon cards in big binders, from garage sales, antique stores, or thrift stores, a few years after the craze ended. Don't know if you can find any deals like that today. And I'm not sure older cards are great for actually playing the TCG, due to power creep.

BadGEr123

Good Afternoon

My daughter (10) has recently started to collect TCG, which is not something I have done myself outside of a couple of packs and trading those with friends when I was a kid. Back when I believe the sets were Fossil and Jungle.

I want to be supportive of her new hobby, but its kind of expensive so I want to help her stretch her pocket money further.

So finally my question; where should I be looking to buy the booster packs and other sets at a good value.
Are there any particularly good retailers that are reputable and good value?

We are based in the UK. :)
The Poke Price website, which uses GBP and values pokemon cards from all the pokemon sets is what I've used a lot: pokeprice.io

Helps you save as well as it gives you a look at listings that are good value compared to the average price so you could find bargains.