1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get a good deal in England? (Bristol)

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG Discussion' started by Tazarkul, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Tazarkul

Tazarkul Well-Known Member

Me and a couple of friends have recently started collecting again, but it seems like no places care about the cards anymore.

We've taken to using Amazon and EBay to get good priced packs but obviously we have to wait for delivery, which isn't quite the same as buying packs and opening them right away.

2. muckers

muckers *yawn*

Head to somewhere like GAME, if there's still one open in Bath or Bristol anymore.

They should sell collector tins and boosters at the very least - the GAME I worked in used to, and that was only a few months ago.

3. Gyarados Fan

Gyarados Fan Well-Known Member

Try Game, Toys R Us, Tescos, Argos and WH Smith.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. Tazarkul

There's a GAME in the Galleries in Bristol but all they had were two packs of Dark explorers, that was it ^^ (i actually had better luck in Waterstones, they had lots of Next Destinies and Dark Explorers as well as the DE theme decks)

Didnt think of Toys R Us or Argos, ill have to try there, None of the supermarkets around here seem to stock them though :/

EDIT:

found this on Argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3907612/Trail/searchtext>POKEMON.htm

Actually seems like a good deal if you could choose the Theme deck ^^

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  5. the ash man83

the ash man83 Avid TCG Fan

From personal experience, I would reccomend the argos 'Classic Collection' deal. A theme deck is usually £9.99, 2 packs of 10 additional cards around £3.49 each, plus two POP Series Packs that I don't know the price of. Separately, that would be at least £16.97. the 'Classic Collection' deal is£12.99 saving at least £3.98, with which you can buy a single booster. The theme decks I got (I've bought two as of yet) were the Next Destinies Reshiram and Zekrom theme decks, along with a pack of Dark Explorers and a pack of Black and White with each deal. I believe the POP Series packs are random, as the first one I bought had a pack of POP Series 2 and a pack of POP Series 3, whereas the second I bought had 2 packs of POP Series 7 in it. i think the POP Series packs are fairly uncommon, and some are fairly old, so it's a great opportunity to get some.

Good luck with your collecting :)

6. Tazarkul

I already have Explosive Edge, i'd hate to get it again >.< and im not really bothered about the BW, Noble Victors and Emerging powers sets, im collecting the other 3 sets lol

It does look like a nice deal though, shame nowhere else does anything like it :?

7. Gyarados Fan

I got the classic collectors pack last week, it came with the Zoroark theme deck, 2 Emerging Powers, 1 Black&White and 1 POP 8 so very nice.

8. the ash man83

the ash man83 Avid TCG Fan

^ Lucky, you got 8 extra cards. Looks like it varies in different stores.

9. Gyarados Fan

Seems like it.

10. Tazarkul

May just stick to online, i loose that instant feeling but its so much cheaper >.<

11. Gyarados Fan

Yep, I almost always buy online because £2.90 is oh so much better than £3.49. /:

12. Tazarkul

Or less if you buy in bulk ^^ i split a £69.99 Booster Box between me and 2 friends (36 packs, 12 each), we payed £23.33 each which works out £1.94 per pack. We plan to split another soon :p

13. Gyarados Fan

Well yeah boxes are always the cheapest way to go

14. Flandre

Flandre Fluffy Flareon

If you can wait a while, the MCM expos (Telford, London etc) usually have a guy selling Pokemon Cards, my friend picked up TONS of cards for £50 and he has a wide variety of them. I didn't get a look at her cards to see if they were real or fakes though, but she knows a lot about cards and seemed to be happy with them. It's worth a shot if you're after cards that they don't sell in the shops anymore. He also sells cards on their own and the huge tins etc. I don't know if you've already been/bought from there but if you ever swing by the MCM it's worth a look! Other than that, I'd second the Argos idea for long term buying. : )

EDIT: Just remembered, Forbidden Planet sells cards, all of my Pokemon friends bought their cards from our local one, I don't know if they have a store in or near Bristol though, worth a check.

15. Tazarkul

It's not the old ones im after though, still, thanks ^^

Yea, we have a Forbiden Planet, that's where I go if I'm willing to pay full price to have the cards now >,> otherwise it's much cheaper to buy in bulk online ^^

16. Flandre

Flandre Fluffy Flareon

Ooh, he sells the BW ones too, I was just mentioning that he sells the whole range. XD But yeah, internet is probably the best place now. I'm still surprised they even sell enough pokemon cards offline to keep them in stores.

17. Legendarys

Legendarys Anonymous

Hmm. I would have to say kijiji. You just look through the adds, make a deal, and pick it up right away. PM me with any other questions you many have.

18. Legendarys

Legendarys Anonymous

Yeah that would be the cheapest, but only if your buying bulk. If you just want a few packs, that would be quite a rip off.

19. PKMNBeige

PKMNBeige Sprite Artist