• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where would be a good place to buy the Pokemon Manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMixer28

Hey guys, I've been a Pokemon fan for quite a while now and I would like to start reading the Pokemon Manga. Where would be a good place to pick up the first volume? I live in the U.S. around Wal-Marts, Targets, K-Marts, Barnes & Noble, etc.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Hey, don't be so quick to get on the "LOL U SAID MANGA INSTEAD OF POKESPE" kick that's going around. He could be legitimately talking about any Pokemon Manga instead of just PokeSpe. Give him the benefit of the doubt before you all go apeshit on him.

And to answer the question, I'm going to have to say Amazon for the Viz-printed materials and then eBay for the stuff that was only released by Chuang Yi (although, due to Chuang Yi's closure, some of that stuff may be harder and harder to find).

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I usually buy them off e-bay and have a book-store which I don't really buy from since e-bay is cheaper :p, perhaps a bookstore which sells numerous manga could have some

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
I've been trying to find the original Japanese versions of The Electric Tail of Pikachu (Dengeki Pikachu) but I have been unsuccessful do to their relative rarity. Any ideas on where I can find them? I'm brand new to the Pokemon manga so please be patient with me.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Your better off looking on Ebay or Amazon, or at your local bookstore. Preferably Barnes and Noble.

I've been trying to find the original Japanese versions of The Electric Tail of Pikachu (Dengeki Pikachu) but I have been unsuccessful do to their relative rarity. Any ideas on where I can find them? I'm brand new to the Pokemon manga so please be patient with me.

Again try ebay or amazon. Doubt you will find any since they are extremely rare like you said.

Manga Reader X

Dengeki Pikachu is easy to find, but expensive to get.

The easiest and fastest way to get it is from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B00GDGDFI4/
The cheapest way to get it is from Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/378-4476491-7001431?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E9%9B%BB%E6%92%83%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A6

Some sellers on Amazon Japan offer international shipping, but it might be cheaper to use a deputy service since you'd get combined shipping then. Here is a guide about ordering from Amazon Japan.
If you want to try using a deputy service you could try using Yokatta or Japonica Market. Those two are easy to use. If you can find another deputy service that has lower commission than Yokatta they will match and beat the other deputy service's fees (pro-tip: mention FROM JAPAN's fees to Yokatta, don't use FROM JAPAN though, their service is quite bad as far as I have heard).

Also, be aware that the Japanese volumes contain some censorship. Only the CoroCoro magazines The Electric Tale of Pikachu was first serialized in are completely uncensored.

Last edited:

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
Dengeki Pikachu is easy to find, but expensive to get.

The easiest and fastest way to get it is from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B00GDGDFI4/
The cheapest way to get it is from Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/378-4476491-7001431?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E9%9B%BB%E6%92%83%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A6

Some sellers on Amazon Japan offer international shipping, but it might be cheaper to use a deputy service since you'd get combined shipping then. Here is a guide about ordering from Amazon Japan.
If you want to try using a deputy service you could try using Yokatta or Japonica Market. Those two are easy to use. If you can find another deputy service that has lower commission than Yokatta they will match and beat the other deputy service's fees (pro-tip: mention FROM JAPAN's fees to Yokatta, don't use FROM JAPAN though, their service is quite bad as far as I have heard).

Also, be aware that the Japanese volumes contain some censorship. Only the CoroCoro magazines The Electric Tale of Pikachu was first serialized in are completely uncensored.

Thank you very much! I wanted to get into collecting but I didn't now where to look for these things. And wow is Amazon Japan cheap. I saved money even with international shipping.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Barnes and Noble usually have lots of Pokemon Graphic Novels. They have Pokemon Adventures if that is what you are asking. There is a lot of them now too. But Amazon is the best to get Pokemon Adventures manga from. At least for me.

timpkmn89

I get mine from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and most preferably friendly local comic book shops.

For B&N you have to look in the kids section for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.