• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which 2 of Ash's Pokémon would beat Tobias' Darkrai and Latios?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yorunozuku would do well against Darkrai based on his Ability, and Lizardon would probably be able to win against Latios outright with no tie.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Charizard
Infernape
Pikachu
Sceptile
Greninja
Incineroar (I don't see any reason for it to be less powerful than sceptile)
Lycanroc

I can see these mons easily defeating it. There are many other mons too of ash which could probably defeat it, but these all definitely win

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Are we assuming Tobias hasn’t improved/trained? Either way I still agree with the answers above

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Most of the above choices that others mentioned are my suggestions too but I would remove Lycanroc because I think some people really overestimate the wolf's power.
This is why Lycanroc is one of my least favorite Ash's Pokemon. People overrating that dog to the max.

Anyway; Darkrai could beat 6 of trainer's Pokemon and those Pokemon are stronger than gym level Pokemon. So Darkrai could beat 6 gym+ level Pokemon.It's funny how people think Melmetal and DL could beat 6 gym+ level Pokemon. LOL. Latios however is weaker than Darkrai, tying with DP Peakachu who is stronger than BF Peakachu who beat BF Regice.

So logically, Pokemon that could've beaten Darkrai and Latios are: Greninja,Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape.
Incineroar with Z move wouldn't beat Darkrai but maybe he would beat Latios with Z move and that's it. Without Z move,Latios would beat it. Snorlax also loses.
Both Snorlax and Incienroar(even with Z move) are weaker than Sceptile, Charizard and Infernape and those 3 would have tough fight with Darkrai and beat it in the end( same how Sceptile beat Darkrai).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean lycanroc took down a kahunas three Pokemon consecutively, defeated gladions tank lycanroc, took down Olivia's Pokemon and rowlet lol, was shown to be training extensively at clawmark hill, was shown to be training more than any alola mon, took down kiawes Charizard, gave type null a good fight, caused kukui to recall Incineroar his strongest Pokemon, and yet is overrated coz he lost to a braviary who made him fall a 100 feet and used a super effective superpower on it. Also considering how it was obvious the writers contrived that situation to make lycanroc lose anyways coz it just won the league.

Like I mean sure lycanroc can be overrated (as is any ace) but then there's understating him such as saying he can't even beat talonflame lol, who is 4x weak to it.

Also nothing puts sceptile above Incineroar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Most of the above choices that others mentioned are my suggestions too but I would remove Lycanroc because I think some people really overestimate the wolf's power.

I also doubt that Lugarugan would be able to defeat Darkrai or Latios. I consider Lugarugan to be a competent battler, but not quite on par with some of Satoshi's heavy hitters.

CMButch

I mean lycanroc took down a kahunas three Pokemon consecutively, defeated gladions tank lycanroc, took down Olivia's Pokemon and rowlet lol, was shown to be training extensively at clawmark hill, was shown to be training more than any alola mon, took down kiawes Charizard, gave type null a good fight, caused kukui to recall Incineroar his strongest Pokemon, and yet is overrated coz he lost to a braviary who made him fall a 100 feet and used a super effective superpower on it. Also considering how it was obvious the writers contrived that situation to make lycanroc lose anyways coz it just won the league.

Like I mean sure lycanroc can be overrated (as is any ace) but then there's understating him such as saying he can't even beat talonflame lol, who is 4x weak to it.

Also nothing puts sceptile above Incineroar.

Took down kahunas 3 Pokemon. Which is as good as Kukui's Incineroar taking down 3 last stage starters but nothing compared to other Pokemon feats. Kahuna's are shown to be weaker than gym leaders. Brock used Sudowoodo which is weaker than Steelix against Olivia's Lycanroc and battle didn't finish. Not to mention that right now almost all gym leaders have Mega Evolution that means gym leader Pokemon that don't have mega have to bet comparable to them.And Gym level Steelix would've beaten Olivia, so Kahunas are weaker than gym leaders, maybe not all, but 80% gyms are stronger than Kuhanas.

Defeated tank Lycanroc: which is featless,
Took down Olivia's Pokemon that even Sudowoodo can match
Rowlet is yeah lol

was shown to be training= yeah but that doesn't mean it somehow really strong. Charizard has been shown training hard at Valley and Infernape and Sceptile came and could give him hard time.

was shown to be training than any other Alola mon ... well and still he would lose to Incienroar and probably Naganadel, maybe even Melmetal.
Charizard... again featless Pokemon that didn't do much except beat Vikavolt.

Gave him good fight but still lost and that was Type Null, SIlvally is stronger and SIlvally in Alola league is even stronger.
Caused to recalls Incienroar so we could have Incineroar vs Torracat fight and he had to recall it because of Torracat inflicting damage to him.. so again Torracat/Incineroar.

He lost to Braviry ... 100 feet and TR are falling 100 feet so Team rocket's Pokemon and Meowth are super strong? LoL. lycanroc is not overrated when it comes to Alola mons, don't get me wrong so when it comes within Sun and Moon, but when it comes to Lycanroc vs these and peopel saying oooh Lycanroc would beat Latios and Darkrai or idk Talonflame then yes it's overrated.
Lycanroc is not an ace, Incienroar is.
Talonflame beat Avalugg that beat Ash-Greninja who wasn't all himself but still strong. A-G still used some of it power against Avalugg. I mean sure Pikachu helped Taloflame but still Talonflame contributed to it, makig Talonflame at least mid FB level. Lycanroc is nowhere near FB level. Lyacanroc is like gym + level at best. That automatically puts Talonflame above Lycanroc.

Nothing puts Sceptile over Incineroar?
Lol, Sceptile beat Darkrai that can beat 6 gym+ level Pokemon. That alone puts it above.Sceptile can beat 6 Dusk Lycanrocs ,Incienroar can't do it because no feats support that.
(on the phone so, maybe there are some mistakes).

Last edited:

Epicocity

Took down kahunas 3 Pokemon. Which is as good as Kukui's Incineroar taking down 3 last stage starters but nothing compared to other Pokemon feats. Kahuna's are shown to be weaker than gym leaders. Brock used Sudowoodo which is weaker than Steelix against Olivia's Lycanroc and battle didn't finish. Not to mention that right now almost all gym leaders have Mega Evolution that means gym leader Pokemon that don't have mega have to bet comparable to them.And Gym level Steelix would've beaten Olivia, so Kahunas are weaker than gym leaders, maybe not all, but 80% gyms are stronger than Kuhanas.

Defeated tank Lycanroc: which is featless,
Took down Olivia's Pokemon that even Sudowoodo can match
Rowlet is yeah lol

was shown to be training= yeah but that doesn't mean it somehow really strong. Charizard has been shown training hard at Valley and Infernape and Sceptile came and could give him hard time.

was shown to be training than any other Alola mon ... well and still he would lose to Incienroar and probably Naganadel, maybe even Melmetal.
Charizard... again featless Pokemon that didn't do much except beat Vikavolt.

Gave him good fight but still lost and that was Type Null, SIlvally is stronger and SIlvally in Alola league is even stronger.
Caused to recalls Incienroar so we could have Incineroar vs Torracat fight and he had to recall it because of Torracat inflicting damage to him.. so again Torracat/Incineroar.

He lost to Braviry ... 100 feet and TR are falling 100 feet so Team rocket's Pokemon and Meowth are super strong? LoL. lycanroc is not overrated when it comes to Alola mons, don't get me wrong so when it comes within Sun and Moon, but when it comes to Lycanroc vs these and peopel saying oooh Lycanroc would beat Latios and Darkrai or idk Talonflame then yes it's overrated.
Lycanroc is not an ace, Incienroar is.
Talonflame beat Avalugg that beat Ash-Greninja who wasn't all himself but still strong. That automatically puts Talonflame above Lycanroc.

Nothing puts Sceptile over Incineroar?
Lol, Sceptile beat Darkrai that can beat 6 gym+ level Pokemon. That alone puts it above.
I think it's also important to note that 3 of the listed achievements also have caveats.

Beating Nanu's Pokemon: he had a Sitrus Berry dropped to him from a literal god right in the middle of the battle.
Beating Olivia's Pokemon: he actually only beat Lycanroc, as Rowlet took out Probopass with Bloom Doom.
On par with Type: Null: actually only happened when he entered his uncontrollable rage mode, as up to that point he couldn't land a scratch on Type: Null.

CMButch

I think it's also important to note that 3 of the listed achievements also have caveats.

Beating Nanu's Pokemon: he had a Sitrus Berry dropped to him from a literal god right in the middle of the battle.
Beating Olivia's Pokemon: he actually only beat Lycanroc, as Rowlet took out Probopass with Bloom Doom.
On par with Type: Null: actually only happened when he entered his uncontrollable rage mode, as up to that point he couldn't land a scratch on Type: Null.
I see, so without Sitrus Berry, DL would lose?
I watched it and Rotom said Sitrus Berry restores Pokemon strength, so DL got his power restored, not 100% but maybe 80%

Last edited:

Epicocity

I see, so without Sitrus Berry, DL would lose?
I watched it and Rotom said Sitrus Berry restores Pokemon strength, so DL got his power restored, not 100% but maybe 80%
There's really no way of knowing, but it is an interference that does call into question how he would have done against the 3 without it. Though, that whole Grand Trial was a bit too plot-devised for Lycanroc to win.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Charizard's the only one that could solo Darkrai.
Sceptile, Pikachu, Krookodile, Infernape, and Greninja could probably handle Latios on their own

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Sceptile and Pikachu are excluded right? Because they already beat those Pokemon. So since it would be lame to vote for them I will go with Charizard and Infernape.

Not really excluded... Both needed assists from other mons from Ash's full team at the time in order to beat those 2...

Correct me if I'm wrong, that was Sceptile's most recent battle... Pikachu on the other hand, got "reset" after that, and then spiked near or even beyond that level post-BW...