• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which 2 of Ash's Pokémon would beat Tobias' Darkrai and Latios?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pikachu canonically tied with Latios basically unaided. I don't remember Swellow or Sceptile actually doing much to it. Not only tied, but had Tobias starting to freak that Pikachu might actually come out the victor.

Charizard is probably his next-strongest after Pikachu and Darkrai's real power came form putting its opponents to sleep, so as long as it was able to dodge Charizard could probably handle it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pikachu canonically tied with Latios basically unaided. I don't remember Swellow or Sceptile actually doing much to it. Not only tied, but had Tobias starting to freak that Pikachu might actually come out the victor.

Charizard is probably his next-strongest after Pikachu and Darkrai's real power came form putting its opponents to sleep, so as long as it was able to dodge Charizard could probably handle it.
What about Greninja? Also, don't forget Darkrai was really fast and had Dark Pulse/Ice Beam too

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Incineroar, Greninja and Sceptile (100% if it ME) and perhaps blaze infernape are some pokemon who can defeat any of them.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Incineroar, Greninja and Sceptile (100% if it ME) and perhaps blaze infernape are some pokemon who can defeat any of them.
Incine and Snorlax can't beat them since they are mid FB level and they are high FB level(Darkrai is stronger). Probably Incine with Z move would maybe beat Latios. In base:no.Sceptile does not need ME to beat them since he already beat Darkrai in Base.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Gonna exclude Pikachu and Sceptile just because they’ve already proved themselves. So out of all the other ones the two best choices would be Charizard (beat Articuno) and Infernape (wiped out half of Paul’s team and didn’t even need to activate blaze until the nigh-end of the battle with Electivire).

Not really excluded... Both needed assists from other mons from Ash's full team at the time in order to beat those 2...

Correct me if I'm wrong, that was Sceptile's most recent battle... Pikachu on the other hand, got "reset" after that, and then spiked near or even beyond that level post-BW...

You’re not wrong on Sceptile having help against Darkrai (though honestly it wasn’t much). But in Pikachu’s case, Sceptile and Swellow did jack crap to that Latios. He tied with it all on his own.

SinnohEevee

Snorlax, Charizard, Infernape, Incineroar, Melmetal and Greninja could probably take on a legendary by themselves. It's a shame that Infernape wasn't used against Darkrai instead of Torkoal.

Snorlax won't be good against Dark Void. Melmetal would be a good choice against Latios because he's a Mythical and can resist both Dragon and Psychic.